Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KITAP Holder moving from Bali to Jakarta - what do we need to do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KITAP Holder moving from Bali to Jakarta - what do we need to do?

We, my Indonesian wife and I, have been living in Bali for a couple of years and have moved to Jakarta. I am a KITAP holder and know that we have to register this new address.
    The information we get, as to what exactly is required and who needs to do what and where, is confusing.

Is anybody in this forum who has such a recent experience and could tell me what we need to do or where we can find good information about it?

I also don't know the procedures . I remember one poster saying he went to the old city's Kantor Imigrasi and got something from them to give to the new city's Kantor Imigrasi .

One document that I am almost sure you will need (if not for Immigration , for the new city's Catatan Sipil , for new KTP/KK) , is a "Surat Pindah" from the old city .

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post
      I also don't know the procedures . I remember one poster saying he went to the old city's Kantor Imigrasi and got something from them to give to the new city's Kantor Imigrasi .

One document that I am almost sure you will need (if not for Immigration , for the new city's Catatan Sipil , for new KTP/KK) , is a "Surat Pindah" from the old city .
      Thanks Marcus, that's a lead and good starting point. Appreciate your effort to reply to my request!
      Will let the forum know once we have gone successfully through the procedures.....

Comment

I have never moved jurisdictions so to speak but only within one jurisdiction (Bogor Immigration as an example) but moving addresses still required a number of letters from here and there.

Start with the basics, a letter from your RT. I think you will need a letter from your current Kantor Lurah and/or Kecamatan. It will depend, of course, on the registered address on the spouse KTP for the address as well as the matching address you gave Immigration.

I am sure Marcus is right about Catatan Sipil, you will need a letter from them 'Surat Pindah' because you are changing jurisdictions and obviously your KTP will need to be registered with the new Catatan Sipil for the jurisdiction where you will live.

My guess is you will also need to notify KanIm in Bali as and when you make the move with some of this paperwork and get a Surat from them as well before re-registering yourself, I believe for free, with the new KanIm for your new jurisdiction.

The probability, if you are spouse sponsored, is that your Wife may not wish to change her registered address on the KTP and that might present a problem.

Interested to know how you get along with the process.

Comment

Originally posted by mrcibubur View Post
          I have never moved jurisdictions so to speak but only within one jurisdiction (Bogor Immigration as an example) but moving addresses still required a number of letters from here and there.

Start with the basics, a letter from your RT. I think you will need a letter from your current Kantor Lurah and/or Kecamatan. It will depend, of course, on the registered address on the spouse KTP for the address as well as the matching address you gave Immigration.

I am sure Marcus is right about Catatan Sipil, you will need a letter from them 'Surat Pindah' because you are changing jurisdictions and obviously your KTP will need to be registered with the new Catatan Sipil for the jurisdiction where you will live.

My guess is you will also need to notify KanIm in Bali as and when you make the move with some of this paperwork and get a Surat from them as well before re-registering yourself, I believe for free, with the new KanIm for your new jurisdiction.

The probability, if you are spouse sponsored, is that your Wife may not wish to change her registered address on the KTP and that might present a problem.

Interested to know how you get along with the process.
          Thanks for your comment and hints.
          It will be a trial and error process and the RT here in Jakarta is the first already who does not know what to do!
          We will find out and let all of you in the forum know.

Comment

Hi S.Bali, how did you go with this? Any tips on what's required? @Success.Bali

Comment

The only question I have is why ???

Comment

brava ha ha

Comment

Moving as KITAP holder from Bali to Jakarta

Originally posted by Success.Bali View Post
                  We, my Indonesian wife and I, have been living in Bali for a couple of years and have moved to Jakarta. I am a KITAP holder and know that we have to register this new address.
                  The information we get, as to what exactly is required and who needs to do what and where, is confusing.

Is anybody in this forum who has such a recent experience and could tell me what we need to do or where we can find good information about it?

Now, here are the results:

[FONT=&amp]Moving as KITAP holder from one province (Bali) to another (Jakarta)[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Right away: this is not a very common thing here, so it seems. When we started the process nobody here knew exactly what to do regarding new registration and confirmation for the Immigration Offices.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]When we came to Indonesia a couple of years ago we first settled in Bali and got registered there. My Indonesian wife arranged a Bali KTP and sponsored my Kitas, thereafter my Kitap. We went through the Kitap process in 2013 without an agent and it worked (see post in this forum from 5.Sept. 2013 “A pleasant surprise: KITAP application in Bali”)[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]This year[/FONT][FONT=&amp] we moved to Jakarta[/FONT][FONT=&amp] and[/FONT][FONT=&amp] went through the following process:[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]1) [/FONT][FONT=&amp]My wife got a Jakarta KTP, as she was registered under her Jakarta family’s Kartu Keluarga. Of course, she had to give up her Bali KTP.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]2) [/FONT][FONT=&amp]We visited the RT (Rukun Tetangga) of the neighborhood and were told to bring photocopies of all the documents related to the sponsor, KTP and KITAP holder. Not that it is the RT’s business. S(h)e is supposed to write an accompanying letter for the next level, confirming that my spouse, the sponsor, is living and registered (KTP, Kartu Keluarga) in the neighborhood. However the RT asked for it and if you don't deliver there is no accompanying letter for the next level. The person we dealt with had no idea, really, what to do.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]3) [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Then we approached the next level in charge, the RW (Rokun Warga) or community association level (may be in Bali the respective Banjar).Same procedure, same problems, because the person in charge also didn't know what to do. She wanted the photocopies of all documents, and then was sitting on it. My wife contacted the people at the lurah office, the next higher level, to be involved, and requested to tell the RW what to do. The lurah and obviously some regulations regarding registration of foreigners seemed to be new, so he did not advice the RW. When we got onto the Rokun Warga’s nerves enough, and she onto ours, she finally put her signature onto the RT’s (1st level) accompanying letter to bring to the third level (Lurah)[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]4) [/FONT][FONT=&amp]The lurah in our area in Jakarta, respectively the people in his office, were the first positive experience we had, because they were kind and willing to help. The lurah wasn't around so they discussed our case and finally gave us a letter (Surat Keterangan being a surat domisili). It is basically just a free style letter telling that I am living now under the new address. They told us they had never before confirmed a new registration of a foreigner for the Immigration Office.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]5) [/FONT][FONT=&amp]After that we asked an agency to do the rest. We knew that we would have to appear at the Bali Immigrations Office in person to arrange the transfer to Immigration Jakarta. We made a simple calculation: how much would it cost us to fly to Bali? Then we compared that with the only offer we got from an agent, willing to do the job. All other agents in Bali, whom we asked, never came back to us with an idea what to do and how much money to pay. We [/FONT][FONT=&amp]guess[/FONT][FONT=&amp] they also might not know the exact procedures.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp] Luckily [/FONT][FONT=&amp]we found an agency having an office in Bali and Jakarta. They did let us know what [/FONT]
                  [FONT=&amp] they needed and it would cost us IDR1.5 Mio. For that money, we thought, you can't buy [/FONT]
                  [FONT=&amp] two tickets Jakarta-Denpasar and book a room for a couple of days.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp] The agency collected my passport, my blue Kitap book, Kitap e-card and a form (letter from[/FONT]
                  [FONT=&amp] sponsor confirming the move) and sent it to the Immigration Office in Bali.[/FONT]
                  [FONT=&amp] Just to mention that an agency, having two offices in two different locations, does not necessarily [/FONT]
                  [FONT=&amp] speed up the process and internal exchange of information. So, expect some hick ups and [/FONT]
                  [FONT=&amp] adrenalin outbursts. But you wouldn't live in this country if that would surprise you[/FONT][FONT=&amp].[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]6) [/FONT][FONT=&amp]A[/FONT][FONT=&amp]fter about two weeks we got our documents and my passport back. As well, there was a letter (Surat Keterangan Pelaporan Perubahan Alamat Tinggal) from the Kantor Imigrasi Kelas I Jakarta….stating that they have taken note that I have been [/FONT][FONT=&amp]registered[/FONT][FONT=&amp] in Jakarta and that this (letter?, information?) should be used accordingly (Demikian untuk dipergunakan sebagaimana mestinya). Whatever that means!?[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]And that was it! (after about 5 weeks altogether; could be worse!)[/FONT]
                  [FONT=&amp]Whether it has really worked we will know when we will have to renew my multiple-re entry-permit in September this year. Keep fingers crossed.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp] [/FONT]

Comment

Glad you got the administrative side of the move taken care of mate.
                    Now tell us how you're coping with moving to a shit hole like Jakarta after living in Bali for a few years.

Apart from the traffic and pollution what else do you notice about the change of address ??. The reason I ask is so many of us moved from Jakarta to Bali you're the only person I have ever heard of doing it the other way round. How are you adjusting ??

Comment

[COLOR=#333333]The agency collected my passport, my blue Kitap book, Kitap e-card and a form (letter from[/COLOR]
                      [COLOR=#333333]sponsor confirming the move) and sent it to the Immigration Office in Bali. [/COLOR]
                      [COLOR=#333333]6) [/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]A[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]fter about two weeks we got our documents and my passport back. As well, there was a letter (Surat Keterangan Pelaporan Perubahan Alamat Tinggal) from the Kantor Imigrasi Kelas I Jakarta….stating that they have taken note that I have been [/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]registered[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333] in Jakarta and that this (letter?, information?) should be used accordingly (Demikian untuk dipergunakan sebagaimana mestinya). Whatever that means!? [/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]--------> it called to process immigration mutation from immigration in Bali to Immigration Kelas I Jakarta which state that you already registered in immigration kelas I Jakarta now.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by pinky321 View Post
                        [COLOR=#333333]The agency collected my passport, my blue Kitap book, Kitap e-card and a form (letter from[/COLOR]
                        [COLOR=#333333]sponsor confirming the move) and sent it to the Immigration Office in Bali. [/COLOR]
                        [COLOR=#333333]6) [/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]A[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]fter about two weeks we got our documents and my passport back. As well, there was a letter (Surat Keterangan Pelaporan Perubahan Alamat Tinggal) from the Kantor Imigrasi Kelas I Jakarta….stating that they have taken note that I have been [/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]registered[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333] in Jakarta and that this (letter?, information?) should be used accordingly (Demikian untuk dipergunakan sebagaimana mestinya). Whatever that means!? [/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]--------> it called to process immigration mutation from immigration in Bali to Immigration Kelas I Jakarta which state that you already registered in immigration kelas I Jakarta now.[/COLOR]
                        Hi Pinky, thanks a lot for your interpretation! Appreciate that?

Comment

Hi success bali,
                          I read you got everything sorted with imigration with moving.
                          How about catatan sipil office in bali and in jakarta. Did u have in bali registered in catatan sipil, kartu keluarga or ktp orang asing? (As you did not mention moving process in catatan sipil)
                          Did you manage to make new kartu keluarga and ktp oa in jakarta, (without having surat pindah from catatan sipil in bali?)
                          Im asking because I'm in the middle of processing my kitap sponsored by wni spouse. And as soon as I get my passport back, we will move from lombok to manado.
                          I wonder if i can skip registration(making new kk and ktp oa) in catatan sipil lombok and process it in manado only?
                          The imigration moving letter i will request from lombok imigration before moving.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Johanna, you already moved to manado? Can you tell me what to do because next year 2020 i also want to move from lombok to manado.

Comment

Working...
                            X