Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

May anyone help me on Indonesian Expat's Income Tax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May anyone help me on Indonesian Expat's Income Tax?

I maybe working in Jakarta very soon, may anyone here help me on the calculation of Income Tax in Indonesia. Let's say my income is USD 5,000/month, what is the percentage or amount I have to be taxed?

Take the annual income , make the allowed deductions (Article 7 of the Law) , and apply the various rates (Article 17) over the annual income : 5% over the first Rp50 million of the income , 15% over the income part between Rp50 million and RpRp250 million , 25% over the income part between Rp250 million and Rp500 million , then finally , 30% over the income part which exceed Rp500 million .

Deductions are around Rp20 million (per year) for yourself , + around Rp2 million (per year) for each dependent (values change frequently) .

Be informed that if you stay for more than 183 days in any 12 months period , you are taxable over your worldwide income . Tax paid in other country will be discounted in the Indonesian tax calculation .

http://www.expat.or.id/info/2008-IncomeTaxSDSN.pdf (Income Tax Law & Law Explanation)
    Last edited by marcus; 01-05-15, 09:45.

Comment

Working...
    X