Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Manpower Law Requiring Indonesian Language Proficiency Test of Foreign Workers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puspawarna
    replied
    I have a bad case of vacation brain so can't be bothered to look up any citations ... but don't we have one of these "the sky is falling, language proficiency requirements are coming!" posts every now and then, to which the answer is always "there is nothing new here, it's actually been the law for a long time, look around you at everyone working in Indonesia now if you want to see how the implementation affects people"?

Leave a comment:

• El_Goretto
    replied
    2 threads were created minutes apart on this topic by 2 different users by coincidence so I merged them together for convenience.

Leave a comment:

• Archer123
    replied
    New manpower law would force foreigners to take Indonesian language proficiency tests

FYI http://jakarta.coconuts.co/2015/01/0...ficiency-tests

Leave a comment:

• rabbit_39
    replied
    You mean retroactive?

Also check whether this requirement is for all foreign workers in all sectors or only for certain types/levels in certain sectors.

Leave a comment:

• New Manpower Law Requiring Indonesian Language Proficiency Test of Foreign Workers

This is something which I have read about online this afternoon and which may be implimented as far early as February 2015, next month! Really?

I understand it may be aimed at foreigners working or intending to work in Indonesia and regardless as to whether they are spouse-sponsored on KITAS or KITAP.

Does anyone else have any other information on this from news sources and what the likely expectations will be?

Could there be a retrospective language proficiency test and potentially an existing Kitas or Kitap revoked if the foreigner failed the Test?
Working...
X