No announcement yet.

KITAS to KITAP - Ex WNI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did at the Canadian embassy. There's even a checkmark on the form to request your old passport back. Since my KITAP+MERP is in my old passport, I'll be needing it.
    Sergei - Your friendly neighborhood IT consultant.

Comment

• Originally posted by sergei View Post
      I did at the Canadian embassy. There's even a checkmark on the form to request your old passport back. Since my KITAP+MERP is in my old passport, I'll be needing it.
      Thanks! The immigration guy told me that i needed to renew my passport since according to him there are no pages left...so the KITAP and MERP will be on the new passport anyway, but I still wanna keep my old passport just in case if I ever needed it.

Comment

• Update for my case.. From Thread #92
        Since my employer was a bit reluctant on issuing sponsorship for KITAP for 5 years, I decided to apply the alih sponsor KITAS from employer to my brother first.

11 September: Application for alih sponsor KITAS was submitted. Documents included are as listed by Banana72 (Thanks, Banana72!! The list and your updates had helped me a lot). The officer of the 3rd floor gave me a receipt, for me to come back for interview on 15 Sept.
        I gave an extra day, and came on 16 Sept for interview. But apparently the front office at the 5th floor asked my sponsor to be present as well !!
        17 Sept: I dragged my brother to the KanIm for the interview. The front office gave the file to the interviewer. The interviewer did not require my brother at all! He asked quite lots of standard questions: why apply for alih sponsor, why back to Indonesia, how come I became a dutchman, since when I was back in Indonesia etc. So I gave the truth, nothing but the truth. He wrote the summary on BAP (berita acara perkara) and let me read and sign it off.
        I was requested to come back in 2 days to the 3rd floor for the further process.
        On 21st, I whatsapp the officer on the 3rd floor, he said that the letter for my file was ready to be picked up.
        Today, 22nd, I came with messenger, picked up the letter, have the documents sorted out in 3 copies by Koperasi, pays 1,855 mio IDR (1mio for MERP, 800 for KITAS, 55 for IT service), and got 1 pack copies + letter to be submitted to KanWil, and 1 pack copies to be submitted to DirJen with letter from KanWil.
        My messenger went with the document + letter to KanWil, it was very smooth process. I was told that the letter to DirJen should be ready tomorrow noon. Wow! Cant wait!
        Fingers crossed!
        (I need to check the pages on my passport, since i have used it quite extensively. Thanks for the update, Banana72!)

Comment

• Originally posted by IndoDutch View Post
          Update for my case.. From Thread #92
          Since my employer was a bit reluctant on issuing sponsorship for KITAP for 5 years, I decided to apply the alih sponsor KITAS from employer to my brother first.

11 September: Application for alih sponsor KITAS was submitted. Documents included are as listed by Banana72 (Thanks, Banana72!! The list and your updates had helped me a lot). The officer of the 3rd floor gave me a receipt, for me to come back for interview on 15 Sept.
          I gave an extra day, and came on 16 Sept for interview. But apparently the front office at the 5th floor asked my sponsor to be present as well !!
          17 Sept: I dragged my brother to the KanIm for the interview. The front office gave the file to the interviewer. The interviewer did not require my brother at all! He asked quite lots of standard questions: why apply for alih sponsor, why back to Indonesia, how come I became a dutchman, since when I was back in Indonesia etc. So I gave the truth, nothing but the truth. He wrote the summary on BAP (berita acara perkara) and let me read and sign it off.
          I was requested to come back in 2 days to the 3rd floor for the further process.
          On 21st, I whatsapp the officer on the 3rd floor, he said that the letter for my file was ready to be picked up.
          Today, 22nd, I came with messenger, picked up the letter, have the documents sorted out in 3 copies by Koperasi, pays 1,855 mio IDR (1mio for MERP, 800 for KITAS, 55 for IT service), and got 1 pack copies + letter to be submitted to KanWil, and 1 pack copies to be submitted to DirJen with letter from KanWil.
          My messenger went with the document + letter to KanWil, it was very smooth process. I was told that the letter to DirJen should be ready tomorrow noon. Wow! Cant wait!
          Fingers crossed!
          (I need to check the pages on my passport, since i have used it quite extensively. Thanks for the update, Banana72!)
          Wow..seemed like a pretty smooth process overall. Good for you..keep on going, you'll feel very accomplished by the time it's all done!

Comment

• Originally posted by Banana72 View Post
            Thanks! The immigration guy told me that i needed to renew my passport since according to him there are no pages left...so the KITAP and MERP will be on the new passport anyway, but I still wanna keep my old passport just in case if I ever needed it.
            So I ended up doing form 4085 to just add extra pages to my passport. Filled out the online application on Sunday, went to get my passport from the immigration on Monday, took it to the embassy today...and waited literally less than 30 minutes..and got my passport back!! Rushed over to the KanIm Kelas I...gave the passport back to the immigration guy...and he told me to come back tomorrow. I almost feel like they're as glad I am that this is almost done..since we've started this process for over three months!

One of the smoothest day in the whole KITAP saga.

My goodness...in 24 hours the KITAP will be a reality...I can't wait.

Comment

• Ladies and Gents...happy to say, the KITAP journey has reached its end....got my KITAP today!!!! *happy dance*

The immigration guys (well at least one of them) have become quite familiar with me I honestly can say he seemed a bit sad to see me go LOL. Quite funny actually they were smiling and congratulating me..the agents behind me were wondering what the heck is going on haha.

Anyhow...now, on to you IndoDutch (and others in similar situation)..what I learn from all this. If you can get through the documentation (gathering all the papers) and the interview process. If you have all the right docs, there is no reason why you can't get your KITAP.

That's all.

Comment

So I ended up doing form 4085 to just add extra pages to my passport. Filled out the online application on Sunday, went to get my passport from the immigration on Monday, took it to the embassy today...and waited literally less than 30 minutes..and got my passport back!!
                Nice. Unfortunately, Canadian passports don't have such option. This is the second time I'm renewing my passport in the last 5 years because I've ran out of pages, and new passports have only 36 pages now.
                Sergei - Your friendly neighborhood IT consultant.

Comment

• Originally posted by sergei View Post
                  Nice. Unfortunately, Canadian passports don't have such option. This is the second time I'm renewing my passport in the last 5 years because I've ran out of pages, and new passports have only 36 pages now.
                  If it makes you feel any better...the 'adding pages only' option only lasts until January 2016...that's why I just opted for the 48 pages (instead of the standard 24).

Comment

Ladies and Gents...happy to say, the KITAP journey has reached its end....got my KITAP today!!!! *happy dance*

The immigration guys (well at least one of them) have become quite familiar with me I honestly can say he seemed a bit sad to see me go LOL. Quite funny actually they were smiling and congratulating me..the agents behind me were wondering what the heck is going on haha.

Anyhow...now, on to you IndoDutch (and others in similar situation)..what I learn from all this. If you can get through the documentation (gathering all the papers) and the interview process. If you have all the right docs, there is no reason why you can't get your KITAP.

That's all.
                    Congratulations!! I am very happy for you too!! Agree with your last note: as long as you have all the right documents, everything will be alright! (Well, my case is still on process, but i am quite confident it will be alright too)

Comment

Update for my case.. From Thread #92

Fingers crossed!
                      Update: for Alih Sponsor KITAS from employer to my brother
                      Due to Idul Adha, I asked the messenger to pick up the letter from KanWil on Friday, 25th, rather than 23th. He picked it up early in the morning to avoid Friday prayer delay, and delivered it directly to DirJen. The letter from DirJen should be ready on Monday 28th after lunch. I might give one day extra and pick it up on Tuesday instead.

Comment

Update: for Alih Sponsor KITAS from employer to my brother
                        Due to Idul Adha, I asked the messenger to pick up the letter from KanWil on Friday, 25th, rather than 23th. He picked it up early in the morning to avoid Friday prayer delay, and delivered it directly to DirJen. The letter from DirJen should be ready on Monday 28th after lunch. I might give one day extra and pick it up on Tuesday instead.
                        Update:
                        Monday 28th, my messenger picked up the letter from Dirjen.
                        Tuesday 29th, I went to KanIm with the letter, and took photo there. My KITAS should be ready for pick up on Friday 2 Oct. So I prepare all the documents needed for the conversion again, KITAS number should be updated.
                        Friday 2 Oct, I went to KanIm again to pick up my new KiTAS and directly apply for the conversion from KITAS to KITAP. This time, the interview is not needed anymore, because we can use the previous Berita Acara made for the alih sponsor case. So on 7 october I should be able to pick up the letters to KanWil and then to DirJen. Luckily there are still some empty pages in my passport, so I still dont have to renew my passport.

Comment

• Update:
                          7 Okt early morning: my messenger went to KanIm to pick up the letters to KanWil and DirJen. Apparently the file was not transferred down from 5th (Kepala Kantor office) to the 3rd (front office) floor. So, my messenger had to return later the day. He was asked to make some copies, paid the sum of IDR 5,5mio for KITAP and MERP (2years), got the letters and hurried up to submit the letter to KanWil. He was asked to pick up the letter to DirJen on the 9th. The lady asked also to provide copy of letter that I have surrendered my Indonesian nationality, which I dont have. I only had the old Indonesian passports as proofs.

9 Okt: messenger went to KanWil to pick up the letter to DirJen. Apparently the required document was not required at all. Copy of old passport (already attached in the document) was sufficient. So, the whole package, including the new letter from KanWil, was submitted to DirJen. He was asked to come back around the end of the month (i.e. 10 working days), which confused me. My previous alih sponsor process took only 2 working days. The front liner gave his (google) email address in case there is any question.
                          @Banana72, how was it in your case?

I am tempted to send an email now to ask the status of my application. Or send a whatsapp message to the kind 3rd floor officer in KanIm to ask some clarity. Or should I wait?

Comment

Update:
                            7 Okt early morning: my messenger went to KanIm to pick up the letters to KanWil and DirJen. Apparently the file was not transferred down from 5th (Kepala Kantor office) to the 3rd (front office) floor. So, my messenger had to return later the day. He was asked to make some copies, paid the sum of IDR 5,5mio for KITAP and MERP (2years), got the letters and hurried up to submit the letter to KanWil. He was asked to pick up the letter to DirJen on the 9th. The lady asked also to provide copy of letter that I have surrendered my Indonesian nationality, which I dont have. I only had the old Indonesian passports as proofs.

9 Okt: messenger went to KanWil to pick up the letter to DirJen. Apparently the required document was not required at all. Copy of old passport (already attached in the document) was sufficient. So, the whole package, including the new letter from KanWil, was submitted to DirJen. He was asked to come back around the end of the month (i.e. 10 working days), which confused me. My previous alih sponsor process took only 2 working days. The front liner gave his (google) email address in case there is any question.
                            @Banana72, how was it in your case?

I am tempted to send an email now to ask the status of my application. Or send a whatsapp message to the kind 3rd floor officer in KanIm to ask some clarity. Or should I wait?
                            First time I submitted my alih sponsor stuff, Dirjen Imigrasi office was indeed quick. It took them less than a couple days. For my actual KITAS to KITAP approval, they took a few days longer (same as yours I think). I emailed them asking for the status about five days later, asking if it's possible to pick up my letter if it's done already, they didn't reply. I waited...and the day of the actual appointment, I picked up the letter with no issues (you can probably see from my previous posts).

You can try asking them if the letter is done yet, The worst thing they can say is not yet.

If you're not in a hurry, then consider if an exercise in patience
                            Last edited by Banana72; 13-10-15, 10:08. Reason: grammar

Comment

First time I submitted my alih sponsor stuff, Dirjen Imigrasi office was indeed quick. It took them less than a couple days. For my actual KITAS to KITAP approval, they took a few days longer (same as yours I think). I emailed them asking for the status about five days later, asking if it's possible to pick up my letter if it's done already, they didn't reply. I waited...and the day of the actual appointment, I picked up the letter with no issues (you can probably see from my previous posts).

You can try asking them if the letter is done yet, The worst thing they can say is not yet.

If you're not in a hurry, then consider if an exercise in patience
                              So, I indeed waited.
                              Friday, 30 October, my messenger picked up 2 sets of decision letter from DirJen for further treatment: one for Kantor Imigrasi, one for Kantor Wilayah.
                              Monday, 2 November, I delivered the letter to Kantor Imigrasi, decision was already visible in their system, so took a picture and was asked to come back 4 days later. The letter to KanWil was not delivered yet.
                              Friday, 6 November, my messenger (with surat kuasa) took my electronic KITAP, valid till October 2020 and Multiple entry for 2 years... What a relieve! He also delivered the letter to KanWil, just to make sure all is done properly.
                              The whole process of alih sponsor and alih status took about more or less 2 months.
                              Thanks all for your support, information etc.. This forum has been very helpful for efficient and effective process of the transition..
                              Regards,

Comment

So, I indeed waited.
                                Friday, 30 October, my messenger picked up 2 sets of decision letter from DirJen for further treatment: one for Kantor Imigrasi, one for Kantor Wilayah.
                                Monday, 2 November, I delivered the letter to Kantor Imigrasi, decision was already visible in their system, so took a picture and was asked to come back 4 days later. The letter to KanWil was not delivered yet.
                                Friday, 6 November, my messenger (with surat kuasa) took my electronic KITAP, valid till October 2020 and Multiple entry for 2 years... What a relieve! He also delivered the letter to KanWil, just to make sure all is done properly.
                                The whole process of alih sponsor and alih status took about more or less 2 months.
                                Thanks all for your support, information etc.. This forum has been very helpful for efficient and effective process of the transition..
                                Regards,
                                Just saw this message...good job IndoDutch! You even managed to finish up in two months, and the process seemed much smoother than mine. That's really great! Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                                X