X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KITAS to KITAP - Ex WNI

Has anyone done it? Cant find any thread on this topic

My KITAS will be expired this August. Wonder if I will have enough time if I started the conversion next week.

I think the minimum time (before KITAS expiration) that Kantor Imigrasi may accept is one month (some offices may request many months) . My process took almost 2 months , but because of a delay at Jakarta's Direktorat Jenderal Imigrasi (they didn't send the envelopes by mail as soon as they were ready , as I requested) .

See below how was my process . It is not for ex-Indonesian , but except for the required documents (ask for the list of them at your specific Kantor Imigrasi) everything is probably the same .

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...-an-Indonesian (real case of KITAS to KITAP)
    Last edited by marcus; 10-05-14, 10:38.

Comment

Thank you Marcus!

I am not really looking forward to my visit to Kantor Imigrasi but I guess I need to get over it. Will keep the forum update for future reference.

Comment

Originally posted by audrienne View Post
        Has anyone done it? Cant find any thread on this topic

My KITAS will be expired this August. Wonder if I will have enough time if I started the conversion next week.
        I'm doing it now.
        Just given my application to KanIm yesterday, got a receipt noting the acceptance of application. They asked me to return in 7 business day with the receipt. Due to 2 days holiday next week, I can't return until June 2nd. Bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by Exile View Post
          I'm doing it now.
          Just given my application to KanIm yesterday, got a receipt noting the acceptance of application. They asked me to return in 7 business day with the receipt. Due to 2 days holiday next week, I can't return until June 2nd. Bummer.
          Mind me asking, which KanIm did u submit your application to? I was told I have to wait until someone come for Inspeksi lapangan then come back 2 weeks after. It has been one week since I submitted my application and nobody come yet.
          Last edited by audrienne; 22-05-14, 17:18. Reason: spelling

Comment

Mind me asking, which KanIm did u submit your application to? I was told I have to wait until someone come for Inspeksi lapangan then come back 2 weeks after. It has been one week since I submitted my application and nobody come yet.
            Jakarta Utara (Kelapa Gading). They just moved office and things are looking a lot more organised there.

I had my cek lapangan a couple of days after submission. I saw it written on a post-it note sticked to the front page of my red folder that next stage is cek lapangan. 3 men came to my brother's house & did a short interview (approx 30mins).

Need to return to KanIm on June 2nd to pick up my recommendation letter for KanWil in MT Haryono.

Comment

Imigrasi approved my KITAP almost a month ago. The whole process is exactly the same as Marcus case (see post no 2 for link).

The whole process took approximately 2 months and it was painless. In fact, it was much easier than converting my sosbud to kitas.
              Last edited by audrienne; 30-08-14, 00:36.

Comment

Imigrasi approved my KITAP almost a month ago. The whole process is exactly the same as Marcus case (see post no 2 for link).

The whole process took approximately and it was a painless. In fact, it was much easier than converting my sosbud to kitas.
                Agree, it's a painless process.

Comment

The whole process took approximately and it was a painless. In fact, it was much easier than converting my sosbud to kitas.
                  Originally posted by Exile View Post
                  Agree, it's a painless process.
                  Audrienne, how long exactly did it take?

And if you don't mind me asking (to both you and Exile), how much did you guys spend in total to get the KITAP? I'm eligible for it when my KITAS expires next year..(this is my 3rd KITAS)

Comment

Originally posted by Banana72 View Post
                    Audrienne, how long exactly did it take?

And if you don't mind me asking (to both you and Exile), how much did you guys spend in total to get the KITAP? I'm eligible for it when my KITAS expires next year..(this is my 3rd KITAS)
                    It took approximately 2 months. I think it shouldnt take more than 1 month but as you and I know, Indo is very "efficient" .

I only paid official fee Rp 3,055,000 plus my time of course. Time wise I spent roughly 8 visits x 4 hours which were due to bloody Jakarta traffic! I only spent 10-15 minutes at Immigration office on each visits.

When dealing with Immigration Office, I think it is wise to bring every documents you have, make few copies of them and organise them in folder. Sometimes they might ask for things that you wouldnt expect them to ask. For eg, when i applied for my KITAS, the woman asked for a copy of my sponsor's passport. Seriously, how many Indonesians have passport?
                    Last edited by audrienne; 30-08-14, 00:41.

Comment

It took approximately 2 months. I think it shouldnt take more than 1 month but as you and I know, Indo is very "efficient" .

I only paid official fee Rp 3,055,000 plus my time of course. Time wise I spent roughly 8 visits x 4 hours which were due to bloody Jakarta traffic! I only spent 10-15 minutes at Immigration office on each visits.

When dealing with Immigration Office, I think it is wise to bring every documents you have, make few copies of them and organise them in folder. Sometimes they might ask for things that you wouldnt expect them to ask. For eg, when i applied for my KITAS, the woman asked for a copy of my sponsor's passport. Seriously, how many Indonesians have passport?
                      Thanks for your reply Audrienne....I'll search around for the docs I need. If I remember correctly, it shouldn't be too many (at least I know..birth certificate, or expired copy of Indo passport...)..and looks like if my KITAS expires in June...I might need to get goin on the process around march the latest (dang..hope I can do it since I will be back home again for vacation in April!)
                      Last edited by Banana72; 30-08-14, 02:00.

Comment

(1) ... I'm eligible for it when my KITAS expires next year..(this is my 3rd KITAS)

(2) ... and looks like if my KITAS expires in June...I might need to get goin on the process around march the latest (dang..hope I can do it since I will be back home again for vacation in April!)

(1) If you are an ex-Indonesian , you started being eligible as soon as you got your first KITAS .

(2) Remember that if you start the KITAS to KITAP process in March , you probably cannot travel abroad in April (of the same year) . Until the process finishes and you get the Exit Re-entry Permit , you cannot leave the country .

I suggest you to request your KITAP starting from now until some 4 or 3 months before your planed trip abroad in April .

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post
                          (1) If you are an ex-Indonesian , you started being eligible as soon as you got your first KITAS .

(2) Remember that if you start the KITAS to KITAP process in March , you probably cannot travel abroad in April (of the same year) . Until the process finishes and you get the Exit Re-entry Permit , you cannot leave the country .

I suggest you to request your KITAP starting from now until some 4 or 3 months before your planed trip abroad in April .
                          Marcus is correct. You should be eligible as soon as you have your 1st KITAS. I started my application 3 months before my 1st KITAS expired.

By the way, for my application, the Immigration didnt distinguish between KITAP for ex WNI and KITAP sponsored by my dad (who is an Indonesian citizen). In their surat keputusan for KITAP, they did mention that I was a WNI and sponsored by dad.

The reason I mentioned this because it is my understanding that you are getting married with a WNI. I wonder if then Immigration will complicate your application once you get married, on the ground you should be sponsor by your to be wife (hence 2 years waiting period) or your parents can no longer sponsor you since you are married. I know technically you could apply as an Ex WNI but I know you know, the law can be loosely interpreted by whoever in charge.

Document wise, I submitted copy of my KITAS, Blue Book, my OZ passport, Surat Lahir, SBKRI, KTP of my sponsor, surat sponsor and Kartu Keluarga. I also signed pernyataan Integrasi when I submitted my application. I also brought my dad's Indo passport and Surat Kawin for my parents but Immigration didnt ask for them this time.
                          Last edited by audrienne; 30-08-14, 15:15.

Comment

Marcus is correct. You should be eligible as soon as you have your 1st KITAS. I started my application 3 months before my 1st KITAS expired.

By the way, for my application, the Immigration didnt distinguish between KITAP for ex WNI and KITAP sponsored by my dad (who is an Indonesian citizen). In their surat keputusan for KITAP, they did mention that I was a WNI and sponsored by dad.

The reason I mentioned this because it is my understanding that you are getting married with a WNI. I wonder if then Immigration will complicate your application once you get married, on the ground you should be sponsor by your to be wife (hence 2 years waiting period) or your parents can no longer sponsor you since you are married. I know technically you could apply as an Ex WNI but I know you know, the law can be loosely interpreted by whoever in charge.

Document wise, I submitted copy of my KITAS, Blue Book, my OZ passport, Surat Lahir, SBKRI, KTP of my sponsor, surat sponsor and Kartu Keluarga. I also signed pernyataan Integrasi when I submitted my application. I also brought my dad's Indo passport and Surat Kawin for my parents but Immigration didnt ask for them this time.
                            Thanks Audrienne....I sure hope the immigration doesn't complicate my KITAP status like you said...but hey, ya know their motto...if we can make it difficult, why make it easy, right?

In any case, just wanted to make sure...the 'copy' you handed was just for the KITAS, everything else was original?

Also the pernyataan integrasi is NOT a statement to become Indonesian citizen, correct?

Sorry for so many questions...

Mods...would it be possible to make this a sticky? I'm sure there are other Ex-WNI out there who are looking for this info.

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks Audrienne....I sure hope the immigration doesn't complicate my KITAP status like you said...but hey, ya know their motto...if we can make it difficult, why make it easy, right?

In any case, just wanted to make sure...the 'copy' you handed was just for the KITAS, everything else was original?

Also the pernyataan integrasi is NOT a statement to become Indonesian citizen, correct?

Sorry for so many questions...

Mods...would it be possible to make this a sticky? I'm sure there are other Ex-WNI out there who are looking for this info.

Thanks!
                              To clarify, I handed the following:
                              - Original - Surat Sponsor, KITAS, Blue Book and My oz passport plus copy of each of them
                              - Copy - KTP of my Sponsor, Kartu Keluarga, Surat Lahir and SBKRI. I suggest you bring the original documents too since the immigration officer may want to verify the copy with the original document.
                              - Pernyataan Intergritas - There is nothing on the statement which stated I agree to become an Indonesian citizen. Cant remember every bit of them but in general it stated that I agree to obey Indo law, culture and learn Bahasa Indonesia.

Many month ago, I did ask question in this forum whether I have to become Indo citizen after getting my KITAP. The conclusion is No. I wouldnt apply KITAP if I have to become and Indo citizen.

My KITAP did mention this statement on its clause:

Merubah Ijin Tinggal Terbatas menjadi Ijin Tinggal Tepat atas Nama xxxx warganegara Australia dalam rangka Ex WNI yang ingin menjadi WNI berdasarkan Undang Undang No 12/2006 and Pasal 60 ayat (3) jo pasal 54 ayat (1) huruf d UU No 6/2011 ttg keimigrasian, dan penyatuan keluarga dengan ayahnya WNI atas nama XX.

I believe there is nothing in Undang Undang which stated it is compulsory to become a WNI after gaining your kITAP. Atlantis/Marcus/anyone please correct me if this is wrong?

Comment

Working...
                              X