X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax Implications for Foreigner leaving Indonesia

Hi there,

I hope all of you are doing great.

I am contemplating an offer outside of Indonesia and am thinking of taking it. I am currently employed in an MNC but am treated like a local employee as far as compensation is concerned. That means Income tax and jamsostek get deducted from my salary every month.

I might be leaving for good in July so just wanted to know what are the tax implications here and how do I close my tax account etc. Also, i understand that I can get my Jamsostek money back. Is there an agent who can help me with both these?

Thanks a lot.

Originally posted by pankaj22333 View Post
    i understand that I can get my Jamsostek money back.
    I thought you could only get it back after contributing for 5 years, although there may be some exceptions I'm not aware of.

Is there an agent who can help me with both these?
    Your company would be the most obvious choice regarding Jamsostek. And as for your tax, perhaps other forum members can advise as to whether there is such a process as closing your tax account as opposed to simply leaving the country.

Comment

(1) ... That means Income tax and jamsostek get deducted from my salary every month.

(2) I might be leaving for good in July so just wanted to know what are the tax implications here and how do I close my tax account etc.

(3) Also, i understand that I can get my Jamsostek money back. Is there an agent who can help me with both these?
      Thanks a lot.
      (1) I don't know about the Jamsostek , but for the income tax , monthly deduction from the salary is according the Law , regardless of if Indonesian or foreigner .

(2) If you didn't present the annual Tax Return Report in March , by Law you should do it if you lived in Indonesia for more than 183 days in a 12 months period (it is relatively easy to fill the forms) .
      I don't know about closing tax account , but I would recommend you to go to your related Kantor Pajak (or the one specific for foreigners) to ask about it . I have been in my city's Kantor Pajak many times , and they have been very kind in answering all my questions .

(3) I don't know any agent .

http://www.pajak.go.id/eng/

http://www.expat.or.id/info/2008-IncomeTaxSDSN.pdf (Income Tax Law & Law Explanation)
      Last edited by marcus; 21-05-13, 11:40.

Comment

Working...
      X