Announcement

Collapse

Forum Software Migration (2nd Update)

As you may have noticed, the forum software has undergone a bit of a facelift. We've migrated from vBulletin4 to vBulletin5.2.2. As with all software major updates, there will undoubtedly be a few hiccups. As with all software upgrades, vBulletin has made changes in how their software works, so there may be a bit of a learning curve as you re-orient yourself to their changed environment.

We have worked through the initial hiccups that were reported. If you experience additional issues, please pm them to wm and we'll work through them. Thanks for your patience!

Regards,
paman and wm
See more
See less

Sending money to Indonesia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending money to Indonesia

Hi,

I would like to send some money to my girlfriend. She being in Indonesia, and me in France. My bank asks her Iban and Swift number, but my girlfriend tells me she has no IBAN number. Her bank is BCA in Sukabumi. Do you think it's possible, or she just asked the wrong person?

Thank you in advance if you can help me..

Tristan

IBAN? I have never heard of Iban and I have made several transfers between many many banks. Get a translation, the Swift code all banks have she just asked the wrong person.

Comment

Perhaps it was meant to be her ROUTING and ACCOUNT numbers ?....never heards about IBAN..
      [FONT=Book Antiqua]If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague..[/FONT]

Comment

Tristan, your gf was asking a wrong person, my dad send me fr USA and every BCA Bank must have IBAN and switch code, tell your gf to ask the bank manager

Comment

Iban

IBAN means International Bank Account Number

My girlfriend gave me a SWIFT code and her account number, but my bank is really asking for that IBAN...

I will ask my bank again because this doesn't seem right...

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by astrid View Post
            Tristan, your gf was asking a wrong person, my dad send me fr USA and every BCA Bank must have IBAN and switch code, tell your gf to ask the bank manager

Ok, thanks for the infos, I will ask her to ask somebody else. She alreeady called a few times but maybe she didn't talk to the right person

Comment

Originally posted by tristan View Post
              Hi,

I would like to send some money to my girlfriend. She being in Indonesia, and me in France. My bank asks her Iban and Swift number, but my girlfriend tells me she has no IBAN number. Her bank is BCA in Sukabumi. Do you think it's possible, or she just asked the wrong person?

Thank you in advance if you can help me..

Tristan
              There is some information here:

http://www.joycore.eu/index.php?opti...=72&Itemid=124

Comment

If that is what the IBAN means then I would assume that the IBAN is sorted via the SWIFT code in to the right bank's account and then downward to the personal account of the person. BUt I have never been asked for an IBAN.

Comment

Tristan, je fais régulièrement des virements de France sur nos comptes à la BCA, la BII, ou d'autres banques indonésiennes. Je me sers uniquement du numéro de compte courant et du code SWIFT de la banque, qui s'apparente à l'IBAN que nos banques françaises utilisent. La BCA de ton amie le lui fournira. Tu n'as besoin de rien d'autre.

Comment

Originally posted by tristan View Post
                    IBAN means International Bank Account Number
                    My girlfriend gave me a SWIFT code and her account number, but my bank is really asking for that IBAN...
                    I will ask my bank again because this doesn't seem right...
                    Thanks!
                    I already sent from South America to BCA(Bandung-Indonesia) once and more than 10 times to others Indonesian banks , always with the SWIFT code and the NORMAL account number (if did not change , BCA SWIFT is CENAIDJA). I now use Bank Nusantara Parahyangan (BNP) which offer better exchange rates than BCA and no additional fee . Almost 5 years ago BCA used to charge USD5 for each transfer and , if the account is in Indonesian currency (Rp), they immediately exchange the foreign currency to Rp . At BNP , the client has 3 days to allow them to exchange to Rp .
                    Last edited by marcus; 12-05-10, 15:48.

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post
                      I already sent from Brazil to BCA(Bandung-Indonesia) once and more than 10 times to others Indonesian banks , always with the SWIFT code and the NORMAL account number (if did not change , BCA SWIFT is CENAIDJA). .
                      BCA swift code is still CENAIDJA.

Comment

I think at the moment Indonesia dont use IBAN ( not yet)..Mainland Europe and China already using it. I know this because very often I did TT to China and Belgium.
                        Regards STT.
                        PS: If typo, blame it on Apple and Samsung!

Comment

BCA doesn't have IBAN, they use sort code which is already mentioned above 'CENAIDJA'. I sent my mom some money last year to her BCA's account. You'll just need some details such as : acount's name holder, acc no, sort code, and the branch address. BCA only charged Rp 10,000 for each transfer but I don't know how good the rate is compared to other banks. Alternatively Tristan, why don't you use money transfer service such as western union or moneygram? It's gonna be easier and faster.
                          [FONT=Impact][FONT=Impact]Bunga dari Jawa[/FONT] [/FONT]

Comment

Yep, should look into western union or moneygram. Convenient and fast. Not only that, you can send it online using your credit card without going to any branch. And you dont need all those codes and bla bla bla...LOL
                            PHP Code:
                            THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE !!! 
                            [FONT=Arial Black]Acceleratus maximus..Beep Beep[/FONT]

Comment

Internet banking is my way this day..no need to go anywhere..just fill the detail once and keep it on the transfer list forever.
                              For payment/reload voucher/local transfer to all bank in Indonesia I use mobile banking..very convenience..anywhere..anytime.
                              Regards STT.
                              PS: If typo, blame it on Apple and Samsung!

Comment

Working...
                              X