Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conversion of an ITAS sponsored by an Indonesian spouse in an ITAP. UU 6/2011

As promised, I am gonna start a serie of posts trying to explain step by step how to get a KITAP issued when already sponsored by an Indonesian wife. I've organized mine a few months ago, before the vote and enactment of the Undang-Undang nomor 6 tahun 2011 tentang Keimigrasian. I started mine around the end of february and it took me slightly less than 4 weeks to get issued.
    Amazingly, it took me longer to get my SKLD (issued for 5 years) done since it had to be sent from JKT. This alone took about a month. . My KTP Orang Asing (issued for 5 years) and my Kartu Keluarga were done quite quickly, just a few days.

I have done the whole procedure myself and it has costed me as follow:

IDR 3.055.000 for the KITAP (including the biometrik pics).

KITAP for EF.jpg

IDR 200.000 for the SKLD

SKLD for EF.jpg

Those are the officials fees, valid nationwide, as per Peraturan Pemerintah RI nomor 38 tahun 2009 tentang Jenis dan Tarif atas Jenis Penerimaan Negara bukan Pajak yang berlaku pada departemen Hukum dan HAM RI (KITAP and immigration fees) and as per Peraturan Pemerintah RI nomor 50 tahun 2010 tentang Jenis dan Tarif atas Jenis Penerimaan Negara bukan Pajak yang berlaku pada kepolisian negara RI (SKLD and POLRI fees). For no reason you should be asked to pay more than the above.

Concerning my KTP Orang Asing it has costed me IDR 150.000 and my KK has costed me the same amount. This are the official fees in Manado as per the new PerDa passed in 2011. These fees are not valid in any other kota or kabupaten. If, for example, you leave anywhere in Jawa, you should pay way less than that. Most of the Perda in Jawa are "foreigner friendly" and the difference existing in between WNI and WNA is not as big than in Manado for example. In Malang the KK's fee is set as IDR 20.000 while a KTP OA costs IDR 10.000. In Surabaya, a KK for WNA should cost you IDR 10.000 while the KTP OA should cost you IDR 25.000. In Bekasi, the KK is free for WNI or WNA but the KTP OA is charged IDR 100.000. These are obviously legal charges as per the relevant regulation. Fees charged by the Dinas Kependudukan dan Catatan Sipil are set by Regional Regulations (PerDa) and may differ greatly from one place to another as you see. If you want to have an idea of how it would cost you in your area, you just have to go the biro hukum of your kantor walikota or kantor bupati and ask to read the relevant Peraturan Daerah concening fees charged by the Catatan Sipil.

KTP OA for EF.jpg

This post will be followed by several others, detailing each steps of the procedure and the way I have dealt with it. If you intend to apply for a KITAP, while already staying on a KITAS sponsored by an indonesian spouse, your experience should be very similar to mine. Details may differ slightly in the documentation requested or the time to go from one step to another, but globally, it should be very close. If it is not, it may means that a petugas/pejabat is taking you for a ride.

I'll close the thread at each post I add, untill I finish to detail all steps, then I will open the thread for comments or questions.

The procedure I will detail is valid for any foreigner of any nationality who is married legally with an Indonesian spouse for more than 2 years and already reside in Indonesia with an ITAS sponsored by his/her indonesian spouse.

For those who are not yet residing on a KITAS sponsored by an indonesian spouse and are staying on a KITAS sponsored by a company, I'll try to explain the procedure of change of sponsor to transfer a KITAS sponsored by a company to a KITAS sponsored by an indonesian spouse. However, it may be difficult for you guys who are in this situation, to have the KanIm swallow it... that's a lot of work and headache for them with no money to gain. Definitively, the situation is way easier for those already sponsored by an indonesian wife. It was my case and to be honest it was by far the easiest to arrange from all the KITAP I've helped to deal with in the past ! I wish you all to be as easy as it has been for me.

For any other categories of people who may be eligible for a KITAP, the procedure should be slightly the same but chances are that you must wait the implementation of the Peraturan Pelaksanaan required to fully implement the new law.
    Last edited by atlantis; 31-07-11, 15:42.

The very first think to do is to download the necessary regulations.

What you need is:

Undang Undang nomor 6 tahun 2011 tentang keimigrasian

In this law you have to focus on article 54(1), article 60(2), article 141(b), article 143 and article 145:

Pasal 54
    (1) Izin Tinggal Tetap dapat diberikan kepada:
    a. Orang Asing pemegang Izin Tinggal terbatas sebagai rohaniwan, pekerja, investor, dan lanjut usia;
    b. keluarga karena perkawinan campuran;
    c. suami, istri, dan/atau anak dari Orang Asing pemegang Izin Tinggal Tetap; dan
    d. Orang Asing eks warga negara Indonesia dan eks subjek anak berkewarganegaraan ganda Republik Indonesia.

Pasal 60
    (1) Izin Tinggal Tetap bagi pemohon sebagaimana dimaksud dalam Pasal 54 ayat (1) huruf a diberikan setelah pemohon tinggal menetap selama 3 (tiga) tahun berturut-turut dan menandatangani Pernyataan Integrasi kepada Pemerintah Republik Indonesia.
    (2) Untuk mendapatkan Izin Tinggal Tetap bagi pemohon sebagaimana dimaksud dalam Pasal 54 ayat (1) huruf b diberikan setelah usia perkawinannya mencapai 2 (dua) tahun dan menandatangani Pernyataan Integrasi kepada Pemerintah Republik Indonesia.
    (3) Izin Tinggal Tetap bagi pemohon sebagaimana dimaksud dalam Pasal 54 ayat (1) huruf c dan huruf d dapat langsung diberikan.

Pasal 141
    Pada saat Undang-Undang ini mulai berlaku:
    a. Izin Tinggal kunjungan, Izin Tinggal terbatas, dan Izin Tinggal Tetap yang dikeluarkan berdasarkan Undang-Undang Nomor 9 Tahun 1992 tentang Keimigrasian dinyatakan tetap berlaku sampai jangka waktunya berakhir;
    b. suami atau istri dari perkawinan yang sah dengan warga negara Indonesia yang usia perkawinannya lebih dari 2 (dua) tahun dan memegang Izin Tinggal terbatas berdasarkan Undang-Undang Nomor 9 Tahun 1992 tentang Keimigrasian dapat langsung diberikan Izin Tinggal Tetap menurut ketentuan Undang-Undang ini;
    c. Dokumen Perjalanan Republik Indonesia yang telah dikeluarkan berdasarkan Undang-Undang Nomor 9 Tahun 1992 tentang Keimigrasian dinyatakan tetap berlaku sampai jangka waktunya berakhir; dan
    d. perkara tindak pidana di bidang Keimigrasian yang sedang diproses dalam tahap penyidikan tetap diproses berdasarkan Undang-Undang tentang Hukum Acara Pidana.

Pasal 143
    Pada saat Undang-Undang ini mulai berlaku, peraturan pelaksanaan dari Undang-Undang Nomor 9 Tahun 1992 tentang Keimigrasian (Lembaran Negara Republik Indonesia Tahun 1992 Nomor 33, Tambahan Lembaran Negara Republik Indonesia Nomor 3474) dinyatakan masih tetap berlaku sepanjang tidak bertentangan atau belum diganti dengan yang baru berdasarkan Undang-Undang ini.

Pasal 145
    Undang-Undang ini mulai berlaku pada tanggal diundangkan.
    Agar setiap orang mengetahuinya, memerintahkan pengundangan Undang-Undang ini dengan penempatannya dalam Lembaran Negara Republik Indonesia.

In short, what it says is that if you are legally married with an Indonesian spouse for more than 2 years and that you already hold a KITAS sponsored by your indonesian spouse pursuant to the old UU 9/1992 you are eligible for an immediate conversion of your ITAS in an ITAP. It also says that, even if the regulations allowing a full and smooth implementation of this new law are yet to be passed, it can be implemented with all the existing regulations that have not been abrogated or are not contradictory with the new law.
    In clear: Imigrasi has NO valid reasons to refuse your application if you are in the situation I've just described above. No "we don't know", no "we have no directives", no "nanti besok". They have to process the conversion using the existing regulations which are:

- Peraturan Pemerintah nomor 32 Tahun 1994 tentang Visa, Izin Masuk dan Izin keimigrasian as modified by the Peraturan Pemerintah nomor 38 tahun 2005 tentang perubahan kedua atas PP 32 tahun 1994 tentang Visa, Izin Masuk dan Izin Keimigrasian

- Keputusan Menteri Kehakiman RI nomor M.02-IZ.01.10 tahun 1995 tentang Visa Singgah, Visa Kunjungan, Visa Tinggal Terbatas, Izin Masuk dan Izin Keimigrasian as modified by:
    its 2nd amendment
    its 4th amendment (look for and download the file named "M.HH-08.GR.01.06/2009". Do not use the same regulation to be found on the DitJenIm website, there is one page missing)

- Petunjuk Pelaksanaan Direktur Jenderal Imigrasi nomor F310.IZ.01.10 tentang Tata Cara Alih Status Izin Keimigrasian.

That's pretty much all you (and they) need to go ahead.
    Last edited by atlantis; 02-07-11, 15:14.

Comment

What document you need to get started ?

1. A letter of sponsor signed by your Indonesian wife. The one I've used is pretty much standard and should do the trick in any KanIm of the archipelago, modified of course with your relevant datas :

Manado, 23 Februari 2011
      Kepada yth: Bapak Kepala kantor Imigrasi Kelas I di Manado

Perihal: Permohonan untuk mendapatkan ahli status Izin Tinggal Terbatas menjadi Izin Tinggal Tetap.

Dengan hormat,

Saya yang bernama:

Nama: Mrs Atlantis
      Tempat/Tgl Lahir: Manado, XX Juli 19XX
      Pekerjaan Pengusaha
      KTP Nomor: 717109XXXXXXX
      Alamat: Kel. XX, kec. XX, Manado

Memohon kepada Bapak Kepala kantor Imigrasi kelas I di Manado untuk dapat memberikan Izin Tinggal Tetap yang berlaku 5 (lima) tahun, kepada suami sah saya pemegang KITAS nomor 2CXXXXXX-K. Adapun datanya sebagai berikut:

Nama: Atlantis
      Tempat/Tgl Lahir: XX, Perancis XX Agustus 19XX
      Paspor Nomor: XXXXXXXX
      Kebangsaan: Perancis
      Alamat: Kel. XX, kec. XX, Manado
      Nomor KITAS: 2CXXXXXXX-K
      Berlaku s/d: XX
      Sponsor: Mrs Atlantis (Isteri)

Demikian permohonan ini saya buat kiranya mendapat perhatian dari bapak Kepala kantor Imigrasi kelas I di Manado dan atas kerja sama yang baik saya pemohon mengucapkan banyak terima kasih.

Yang bermohon

TTD

2. Surat pemintaan dan Jaminan filed by your wife and signed on top of a meterai Rp6000

3. Formulir Perdim 24 Formulir ITAS dan ITAP given by the KanIm along with the map sold for a few thousands rupiah

4. Formulir Perdim 27 Perubahan Data Orang Asing (though this one can be filled later, after the issuance of the KITAP and while registering the change of immigration status to the section Inforsakim)

5 Paspor original of the applicant + at least 2 photocopies

6. KITAS original of the applicant + at least 2 photocopies

7. Buku Pengawasan Orang Asing original of the applicant + at least 2 photocopies

8. KTP original of your wife + at least 2 photocopies

9. Akta Perkawinan for the non muslim or buku nikah for the muslim + at least 2 photocopies. Those married overseas will be required to produce their wedding certificate + the report made to CaPil to legalize it under Indonesian law. Of course,... + at least 2 photocopies.

That's the standard and legal request. Now, from one KanIm to another there may have exotic toppings added to the above list. We could imagine that they ask you a current SKLD, a current SKTT, a STM, a NPWP, a Kartu keluarga, proofs of citizenship of your wife...etc. They are definitively authorized to ask you any document that you should legally have or able to provide. The new UU 6/2011 give them full power to check that you comply with all existing laws.

A document which will be very certainly requested to those married in Indonesia is an acknowledgement from your embassy that they are aware of your marriage in Indonesia. I'll say more about it later in another post.

Though they've not asked anything about my financial situation and how I intended to finance my 5 years stay in Indonesia, they could ask you documents such as bank statement, proof of pension...etc. They are definitively authorized to ask any document proving that you have sufficient amount of funds to stay. I doubt though that they would ask for it.
      Last edited by atlantis; 09-07-11, 17:03.

Comment

A bit of history
        • Prior to May 5th 2011, date of the enactment of the UU 6/2011 if you were:
        - legally married with an indonesian spouse, and
        - residing in Indonesia for at least 2 full years (meaning on your KITAS III) sponsored by your wife,

You were allowed to apply for the conversion of your ITAS in an ITAP.

Source:

Pasal 49 PP 32/1994 as corrected by PP 38/2005

(1) Izin Tinggal Terbatas dapat dialihkan statusnya menjadi Izin Tinggal Tetap.
        (2) Pengalihan status sebagaimana dimaksud pada ayat (1) dapat diberikan atas dasar permintaan orang asing yang bersangkutan, dengan syarat telah berada di wilayah Negara Republik Indonesia sekurang-kurangnya 2 (dua) tahun berturut-turut sejak tanggal diberikannya Izin Tinggal Terbatas.

Pasal 72 Keputusan Menteri Kehakiman RI nomor M.02-IZ.01.10 tahun 1995 tentang Visa Singgah, Visa Kunjungan, Visa Tinggal Terbatas, Izin Masuk dan Izin Keimigrasian as corrected by its 4th amendment

(1) Izin Tinggal Terbatas dapat dialih statuskan menjadi Izin Tinggal Tetap, kecuali Izin Tinggal Terbatas Kemudahan Khusus Keimigrasian.
        (2) Alih Status Izin Tinggal Terbatas menjadi Izin Tinggal Tetap sebagaimana dimaksud pada ayat (1) dapat diberikan kepada orang asing dalam rangka:
        a. menanamkan modal;
        b. bekerja sebagai tenaga ahli langka;
        c. bekerja sebagai pimpinan tertinggi perusahaan;
        d. melaksanakan tugas sebagai rohaniwan;
        e. menggabungkan diri dengan suami atau isteri warga Negara Indonesia;
        f. menggabungkan diri dengan orang tua bagi anak berkewarganegaraan asing yang mempunyai hubungan hokum kekeluargaan dengan orang tua warga negara Indonesia dan belum Kawin;
        g. menggabungkan diri dengan suami atau isteri pemegang Izin Tinggal Tetap;
        h. menggabungkan diri dengan orang tua pemegang Izin Tinggal Tetap bagi anak yang berumur di bawah 18 (delapan belas) tahun dan belum kawin;
        i. memperoleh kembali kewarganegaraan Republik Indonesia berdasarkan Undang-Undang Nomor 12 Tahun 2006 tentang Kewarganegaraan Republik Indonesia; atau
        j. wisatawan lanjut usia mancanegara.
        (3) Alih status Izin Tinggal Terbatas menjadi Izin Tinggal Tetap harus memperhatikan aspek kemanfaatan orang asing tersebut bagi pembangunan nasional dan aspek kemanusiaan.

You will find these article in the relevant regulation to be found in my post #2
        • Since may 5th 2011 and the enactment of the UU 6/2011 if you are:
        - legally married with an indonesian spouse for more than 2 years, and
        - temporary resident sponsored by your wife (KITAS I, II, III,...etc)

You are then immediately eligible for a KITAP.
        - legally married with an indonesian spouse for more than 2 years, and
        - temporary resident sponsored by a company or not yet resident

You are then eligible for a KITAP but must wait the enactment of further governmental regulations which will be written to elaborate on these cases which can not be handled with the actual governmental regulations.
        - legally married with an indonesian spouse for less than two years
        - temporary resident or not;

You are not eligible yet for a KITAP and must wait to be fully eligible (resident + 2 years of marriage). You are however fully qualified for a KITAS (temporary stay permit valid for 1 year)

In fact if at the moment you are in a situation where you were already eligible to a KITAP as per the rules were prior to May 5th 2011, then your conversion is gonna be as easy as mine was. If you are in the 1st case I highlighted (2 years of marriage and first KITAS or more sponsored by an indonesian spouse), then you will have to argue slightly more and explained them, law in hand that you qualify and that you do not need to wait any further regulation). For your argumentation, refer to the articles I quoted in my post #2. If you bump on an obtuse petugas, then write a letter of complaint quoting all the articles and submit it to the Kakanim and/or the Kanwil. This is your right and this is their duty to implement immediatly the law.
        Last edited by atlantis; 20-07-11, 11:35.

Comment

Step 1: application in KanIm

After having filled all the documents listed at post #3 you will be able to start the first step : the application to the KanIM.

I suggest that you read first this post if you don't know how a KanIm works:
          http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...l=1#post163019

For your application, you will be first received by a petugas of the seksi statuskim. It may be the “most difficult” step. If he is unaware of the new law stipulations, it is where you will have to explain him/her all the articles pointed at my post #2

Once you will have made your point, he/she will tell you if all your documents are complete or if you need some more or if you need to have this one or this other one legalized or translated. His role is to verify if your file is complete. It took me three days, three visists and a clear threat to the kasi statuskim to complain to the KanWil to get my point understood and end the "verification".

Once all documents are completed you will be directed to the seksi wasdakim, for a possible interview. The role of the seksi wasdakim in this application process is to verify the reliability of your sponsor, to check if you are not blacklisted and to check your activities in Indonesia. They may interview you and/or your sponsor to know what you are doing, to check if you & your sponsor are financially reliable. They may ask questions about your marriage, kids,…etc. No big deal usually. I did not even met the kasi wasdakim. He signed all the forms in my file so that the case went to the next desk quickly. Technically, the seksi wasdakim can not do much to delay your application if:
          • All your marriage document are in order.
          • You or your wife can justify of an income.
          • You are not working illegally
          The above are the only three points that could be argued in this section. If, which I doubt, someone in the seksi wasdakim argues about how you are gonna finance your 5 years stay, you would be definitively authorized to talk about the article 61 of the new UU 6/2011
          Pasal 61
          Pemegang Izin Tinggal terbatas sebagaimana dimaksud dalam Pasal 52 huruf e dan huruf f dan pemegang Izin Tinggal Tetap sebagaimana dimaksud dalam Pasal 54 ayat (1) huruf b dan huruf d dapat melakukan pekerjaan dan/atau usaha untuk memenuhi kebutuhan hidup dan/atau keluarganya

Even if the conditions of how we are gonna be authorized to work are not yet known at the time I type this post, you can definitively say something like: “I have my own income, but with the perspectives authorized by the new law, I plan to invest in Indonesia. Period.

In my case, they ask me nothing of financial nature. Maybe it's because they know me and what I am doing in Indonesia and in Europe, maybe they were simply not interested.

Once your application is endorsed by the kasi wasdakim, acknowledging that no problems is found with your sponsor or yourself, the file will go back to the seksi statuskim. At this point, the kasi statuskim will have to write a letter of recommendation to be signed by the kakanim. This letter of recommendation, after being signed by the Kakanim will be back to the seksi statuskim which will have to officially notify to the DitJenIm that a KITAP application is started.

The kasi statuskim will give you the letter of recommendation to be brought to the KanWil. They may decide to send it themselves but I doubt about it. Without a substantial financial motivation, they will let you do the kurir. The envelop should include:
          • The letter of recommendation
          • A copy of all your documents (anything you have been given to them, application forms, letter of sponsor, marriage certificate…etc)
          I suggest you to check that no documents have been forgotten.
          Last edited by atlantis; 09-07-11, 17:05.

Comment

Step 2: Kantor Wilayah (KanWil)

Before bringing the letter of recommendation from the KanIm to the KanWil and if you are not familiar with the KanWil organisation, please read this post.

To know more about the KanWil of your province and it's structure, here are a few websites of the major KanWil of the archipelago): All these websites would give you valuable informations about the organisation structure of your KanWil, the name of the relevant pejabat and informations about ongoing socialization of laws and regs.
            In my years in Indonesia I have always found that KanWil were certainly one of the most pleasant administration to deal with. It always comes as a surprise to me since most of the pejabat who head the different divisi are from pusat rather than from my region. Only the lower positions in the KanWil are given to manadonese. Nevertheless, I've made quite a few interesting encounters there and some of the pejabat even became friends or acquaintances.

For my KITAP, I've been interviewed by the kepala divisi keimigrasian who is the highest pejabat for immigration matters in a Province. He wasn't interested by my financial situation but was interested by the documents concerning my marriage and family. Surprisingly, he asked me to provide the akta kelahiran of my kids, the akta kelahiran of my wife, the Surat Keputusan Menkumham tentang kewarganegaraan (naturalization decree) of one of my son and check if everything was in order concerning the dual citizenship of my kids. Last but not least he has required a letter or any form of acknowledgment of my marriage in Indonesia by the french embassy. In fact I joined a copy of my Livret de Famille in my file given to the KanIm... but they forgot to join it.
            Every questions at this step were about my rumah tanggah and the legality of all of family papers. Nothing else. It makes obviously sense, since the reason to grant a permanent residency in Indonesia are family reasons in my case.

After discussing with the kepala divisi keimigrasian of the KanWil Manado (who is the former kepala subdirektorat alih status keimigrasian, the subdirektorat in charge to process conversion of ITAS in ITAP) it seems clear to me that as long as you provide any form of acknowledgment of your marriage by the embassy of your country it would be find to them. It could be a letter signed by the consul it would be OK. As long as there is a headletter, a cap and a sentence saying that your country is aware that you are married in Indonesia, it should be OK.

After reviewing your entire file, the kepala divisi keimigrasian will sign a letter of recommendation to be brought to the Direktorat Jenderal Imigrasi in Jakarta. In this letter, he will write that he has found no problems in your immigration status to be converted from an ITAS in an ITAP. The delay in between the time you provide the letter of recommendation from the KanIm to the KanWil and the time they issue you the letter of recommendation to the DitJenIm shouldn't exceed 48 hours (time for them to interview you if they want to and to type and sign the letter)

They may send directly to the DitJenIm the letter of recommendation, but most certainly they will ask you to take care of it yourself. I have always used the service of TIKI and never had any problem to have a letter delivered to the DitJenIm. It's cheap, fast and reliable (though I think that a user of this forum had troubles with one letter but I am not sure that Tiki were at fault in the case). The document to bring to the DitJenIm will include:
            - the letter of recommendation from the KanWil to the DitJenIm
            - a copy of all the documents submitted initially at step 1 + the one (if any) added at step 2)

No payment has to be made at this step.

An example of letter of recommendation from KanWil to DitJenIm:

Surat kanwil ke ditjenim for EF - Page 1.jpg

Surat kanwil ke ditjenim page 2 for EF.jpg
            Last edited by atlantis; 16-07-11, 06:57.

Comment

Step 3 : Direktorat Jenderal Imgrasi

At this step, your presence isn't necessary. In fact, you can already consider that you are a KITAP holder if the KanIm and KanWil steps have been passed. Though the decision is taken exclusively by the DitJenIm, they base their decision on the recommendations of the KanIm & the KanWil. None of these three administration can legally refuse your KITAP application without a valid written reason. And the law has always been clear: if you are married, you have a right to become a permanent resident.

If you are interested in learning more about the DitJenIm, please read this post.

In march 2011, the kasubdit alih status keimigrasian was Pak Eko Kusprianto, SH, MH who was in charge of Tanjung Perak's KanIm prior to be promoted to the DitJenIm. I've met him and had an interesting discussion with him, confirming me that an applicant do NOT need ANYMORE to pick up his/her SK himself/herself when he/she converts an izin kunjungan in an ITAS or an ITAS in an ITAP. Therefore, if you are not in a hurry, you may decide to wait at home and just monitor the issuance of the Keputusan Direktur jenderal Imigrasi tentang alih status izin tinggal terbatas menjadi izin tinggal tetap (Decree of the Director General of immigration concerning the conversion of a temporary residency permit in a permanent residency permit)

If you do NOT pick up the SK yourself, it will be sent to your KanWil around 15 days after it get issued. Just monitor it on the phone. As soon as you get told that the SK has been issued, start to telephone to your KanWil to know if they have received it.
              Obviously, if you want to hurry the process, you can go to the DitJenIm to pick up the letter yourself. The subdirektorat alih status is situated at the 5th floor. When you enter the direktorat izin tinggal dan status keimigrasian, it is the door almost in front of you. Enter in the premise and try to located a short guy (sitting or standing up, it seems that he has always the same size), in his 40s, with glasses and a retine problem. He is a very nice guy and is the one dealing with the SK. When you enter the subdirektorat alih status the three offices are from left to right: the office of the kasi alih status izin terbatas (for those who convert an izin kunjungan in an ITAS), the kasi alih status izin tetap (the guy who may ask to talk to you if you come to pick up your SK yourself... and who may try to see if you do not have any spare money to share) and the one in the right corner is the one of pak Eko, the kasubdit.

If you wait them to send the SK, it shouldn't take more than 48 hours in between sending by the DitJenIm and reception by the KanWil.

Usually, you can count on about 7 days in between the time the DitJenIm receives the letter of recommendation from the KanWil and the issuance of the SK. Absolutely no payment should be requested at this step.
              Last edited by atlantis; 09-07-11, 12:39.

Comment

What does the SK look like ?

SK ITAP Page 1 for EF.jpg
                SK ITAP Page 2 for EF.jpg

The one you will get issued will obviously slightly differ. If you read mine, you will notice that it refers (paragraph 3) to the old UU 9/1992 tentang keimigrasian. That is because the SK has been granted before the vote of the new UU 6/2011. The paragraph 4 should also differ from mine, since in the new UU 6/2011, no penjamin is/will be required anymore for people married to an indonesian spouse. For the rest, your SK should be very similar to mine.
                Last edited by atlantis; 09-07-11, 11:11.

Comment

Step 4: Kantor Wilayah - part 2

As soon as the SK is received by your Kantor Wilayah, they should give you a copy of the SK (if you haven't gone to the DitjenIm to pick it) and they should instruct the KanIm to issue your KITAP. The kepala divisi keimigrasian (alternatively it can be signed by the Kepala Bidang lalu Lintas, Izin Tinggal than Status keimigrasian) will give you the letter of instruction to be given to the KanIm. Again here, this step shouldn't take you more than 48 hours. The only delay that can arise is if there is some problem in the electronic network. The KanWil requires the electronic authorization from the DitJenIm, on top of the written SK. It usually doesn't last long when there is a problem like that. One day no more.

The letter the KanWil will give you to bring to the KanIm should include:
                  - the surat instruksi signed by Bapak/Ibu kepala divisi keimigrasian
                  - a copy of the SK

Comment

What does the Surat Instruksi dari KanWil ke KanIm look like ?

Surat Instruksi dari Kanwil - ITAP for EF.jpg

That is pretty much with the same terms that your kantor wilayah will give order to your Kantor Imigrasi to finish the procedure and issue you a KITAP.

Comment

Step 5: the issuance of the KITAP at the KanIm

A new visit of the various seksi of your KanIm awaits you at this step.

You will first start at the seksi statuskim, where you will drop the letter of instruction from the KanWil, along with the original of your passport, the original of your buku POA and your current KITAS.
                      Then you will proceed to the cashier where you will have to pay IDR 3.055.000 and get a receipt.

Then you will get your pics and fingerprint taken and you will sign your KITAP. It will then be submitted to the KaKanIm for him to sign it.

Once signed your KITAP will have to be registered at the seksi Inforsakim, where your Buku POA will be amended. Then you will be sent back to the seksi statuskim to get all the documents (passport, KITAP & Buku POA) back to you.

All these can be done in one day if you get lucky and patient. I have chosen to do it over 2 or 3 days, at least to have the repeated pleasure to see Manado kasi statuskim having to contribute to issue a KITAP at the legal fee with no extra.

Once you get your KITAP, passport and blue book in hand, you can start all over and apply for an Izin Masuk Kembali at the seksi lalu lintas. As a KITAP holder, you are entitled to have a 2 years multiple exit-re entry permit at the cost of IDR 1.750.000 as per PP 38/2009 (see post #1 for downloading the reg). Alternatively, you can choose shorter MERP:
                      - one year validity at the cost of IDR 1.000.000
                      - 6 months validity at the cost of IDR 600.000

Note that, pursuant to the new Undang-Undang nomor 6 tahun 2011 tentang keimigrasian, your KITAP will require a process of extension past the 5 years of its validity but it will just require to report to the Imigrasi, at no cost.

Source:

[SIZE=2]Pasal 59 UU 6/2011
                      [/SIZE]
                      (1) Izin Tinggal Tetap diberikan untuk jangka waktu 5 (lima) tahun dan dapat diperpanjang untuk waktu yang tidak terbatas sepanjang izinnya tidak dibatalkan.
                      (2) Pemegang Izin Tinggal Tetap untuk jangka waktu yang tidak terbatas sebagaimana dimaksud pada ayat (1) wajib melapor ke Kantor Imigrasi setiap 5 (lima) tahun dan tidak dikenai biaya.

Also, pursuant to the Undang-Undang nomor 6 tahun 2011 tentang keimigrasian, note,

i) the reasons for a KITAP to be terminated:

- if the holder of a KITAP leaves Indonesia for more than 1 year or perform an EPO
                      - if the holder of a KITAP doesn't process an extension after 5 years
                      - if the holder of a KITAP acquires Indonesian Citizenship
                      - if the holder of a KITAP is subject to deportation and/or his permit is cancelled by an immigration officer (for of course a valid legal reason)
                      - if the holder of a KITAP has died.

ii) the reasons for a KITAP to be cancelled:

- if the holder of a KITAP has been proven guilty of having committed a crime against the state as stipulated in laws and regulations, as carried out activities which endanger the security of the Republi of Indonesia
                      - if the holder of a KITAP has violated his Integration Statement (the so called Pernyataan Integrasi)
                      - if the holder of a KITAP has been proven guilty of employing foreign workers without work permits
                      - if the holder of a KITAP has provided false information in the in the process of his/her KITAP application
                      - if the holder of a KITAP is concerned by any Immigration administrative measures (detention, deportation, blacklisting)
                      - if the holder of a KITAP see his/her marriage terminated. This stipulation is not valid in the case the marriage authorizing the KITAP has lasted more than 10 years.

Source:

Pasal 62 UU 6/2011

1. Izin Tinggal Tetap dapat berakhir karena pemegang Izin Tinggal Tetap:
                        1. meninggalkan Wilayah Indonesia lebih dari 1 (satu) tahun atau tidak bermaksud masuk lagi ke Wilayah Indonesia;
                        2. tidak melakukan perpanjangan Izin Tinggal Tetap setelah 5 (lima) tahun;
                        3. memperoleh kewarganegaraan Republik Indonesia;
                        4. izinnya dibatalkan oleh Menteri atau Pejabat Imigrasi yang ditunjuk;
                        5. dikenai tindakan Deportasi; atau
                        6. meninggal dunia.
                      2. Izin Tinggal Tetap dibatalkan karena pemegang Izin Tinggal Tetap:
                        1. terbukti melakukan tindak pidana terhadap negara sebagaimana diatur dalam peraturan perundang-undangan;
                        2. melakukan kegiatan yang membahayakan keamanan negara;
                        3. melanggar Pernyataan Integrasi;
                        4. mempekerjakan tenaga kerja asing tanpa izin kerja;
                        5. memberikan informasi yang tidak benar dalam pengajuan permohonan Izin Tinggal Tetap;
                        6. Orang Asing yang bersangkutan dikenai Tindakan Administratif Keimigrasian; atau
                        7. putus hubungan perkawinan Orang Asing yang kawin secara sah dengan warga negara Indonesia karena perceraian dan/atau atas putusan pengadilan, kecuali perkawinan yang telah berusia 10 (sepuluh) tahun atau lebih.

Comment

Pernyataan Integrasi

A new concept brought by UU 6/2011 concerning KITAP holder is the Pernyataan Integrasi. Roughly translated it would mean Statement of Integration. This is a brand new stuff and to be honest, not many people know what it exactly means and includes. I had fun asking the question with some of the teman² berpangkat I have in the Imigrasi. So far the answers were hilarious being of the type of the one which makes you forget what your question was.
                        I guess that the future socialization of the law and the regulations to come will clarify it.
                        It is define in the article 1 of the UU 6/2011 as an integration statement made by the applicant to the Government of the Republic of Indonesia and is a condition for the obtention or a Permanent stay permit (in Bahasa Indonesia: Pernyataan Integrasi adalah pernyataan Orang Asing kepada Pemerintah Republik Indonesia sebagai salah satu syarat memperoleh Izin Tinggal Tetap.)

Therefore you may (or may not) be asked to signed such statement at one point in your application (at step 1 or step 5). We can imagine that the statement includes a commitment to the laws of Indonesia and maybe to the Pancasila. It would makes sense.

[SIZE=2]Pasal 60[/SIZE]
                        (1) Izin Tinggal Tetap bagi pemohon sebagaimana dimaksud dalam Pasal 54 ayat (1) huruf a diberikan setelah pemohon tinggal menetap selama 3 (tiga) tahun berturut-turut dan menandatangani Pernyataan Integrasi kepada Pemerintah Republik Indonesia.
                        (2) Untuk mendapatkan Izin Tinggal Tetap bagi pemohon sebagaimana dimaksud dalam Pasal 54 ayat (1) huruf b diberikan setelah usia perkawinannya mencapai 2 (dua) tahun dan menandatangani Pernyataan Integrasi kepada Pemerintah Republik Indonesia.

The future Peraturan Pelaksanaan which are gonna be pasted in the next few months should clarify this point and what it includes exactly. In the meantime, don't be surprise if your KanIm is asking you a written statement concerning your willingness to be committed to the laws of Indonesia and to the philosophy of the State.

Comment

Surat Keterengan Lapor Diri

As a new KITAP holder, your administrative obligations and your ordeal is not terminated... You have to register to the police (the same than when you were a KITAS holder anyway).

In the next few months, we may well see a few major changes in the relations between the police and foreigners.

Under Law number 9 year 1992 we had this article:

Pasal 61 UU 9/1992 - abrogated-
                          Orang asing yang sudah mempunyai izin tinggal yang tidak melapor kepada kantor Kepolisian Negara Republik Indonesia di tempat tinggal atau tempat kediamannya dalam waktu 30 (tiga puluh) hari terhitung sejak diperolehnya izin tinggal, dipidana dengan pidana kurungan paling lama 1 (satu) tahun atau denda paling banyak Rp 5.000.000,- (lima juta rupiah).

(translation: Foreigners who have been issued an Immigration permit and who do not report to the Republic of Indonesia Police Station of his/her place of residence or stay, within 30 days after the issuance of his/her Immigration permit, shall be liable to a maximum imprisonment of 1 year or a maximum fine of IDR 5,000,000.

The new UU 6/2011 modifies the modalities of report. It seems that we will have to deal exclusively with Imigrasi in the future in the frame of the Pengawasan Orang Asing (Supervision/control of the foreigners). The new law makes absolutely no direct mention of the police and stipulates that the supervisation of foreigners is made by a supervisory team consisting of government bodies and agencies whose chairman must be an immigration officer. Of course Police won't be squizzed out from the game, but we may have to report only in immigration, which will be in charge to communicate all relevant informations to the various actors.
                          Even if the UU 9/1992, which was the dasar hukum for the SKLD has been abrogated and no mention of them is done in the UU 6/2011, the supervisation of foreigners is one of the duties of the police and it is supported by the article 15, verse 2., letter I of the Undang-Undang nomor 2 tahun 2002 tentang kepolisian:

Pasal 15 UU 2/2002

(2) Kepolisian Negara Republik Indonesia sesuai dengan peraturan perundang-undangan lainnya berwenang :

a. memberikan izin dan mengawasi kegiatan keramaian umum dan kegiatan masyarakat lainnya;
                          b. menyelenggarakan registrasi dan identifikasi kendaraan bermotor;
                          c. memberikan surat izin mengemudi kendaraan bermotor;
                          d. menerima pemberitahuan tentang kegiatan politik;
                          e. memberikan izin dan melakukan pengawasan senjata api, bahan peledak, dan senjata tajam;
                          f. memberikan izin operasional dan melakukan pengawasan terhadap badan usaha di bidang jasa pengamanan;
                          g. memberikan petunjuk, mendidik, dan melatih aparat kepolisian khusus dan petugas pengamanan swakarsa dalam bidang teknis kepolisian;
                          h. melakukan kerja sama dengan kepolisian negara lain dalam menyidik dan memberantas kejahatan internasional;
                          i. melakukan pengawasan fungsional kepolisian terhadap orang asing yang berada di wilayah Indonesia dengan koordinasi instansi terkait;
                          j. mewakili pemerintah Republik Indonesia dalam organisasi kepolisian internasional;
                          k.melaksanakan kewenangan lain yang termasuk dalam lingkup tugas kepolisian;

Conclusion: don't piss 'em off. Even if their role is slightly restricted in the future, they will be a player backstage. Untill further regulations clarify the relations between foreigners and the police, I strongly suggest you to continue to report to Intelkam POLDA, as usual.

To have your SKLD issued as a KITAP holder, you will require to submit to the seksi YanMin (Pelayanan Administrasi) of the Direktorat Intelkam of your regional police office (POLDA):

- a letter of application signed by your wife, as the sponsor.
                          - a copy of your wife's KTP
                          - a copy of your KITAP
                          - a copy of your buku POA
                          - a copy of your passport
                          - a few pics on a red background. I suggest you bring a few samples of 2x3 and 4x6 and let them choose which one make them happy.

As per PP 50/2010 (see post #1 for a link to the reg) you will be required to pay IDR 200.000, as a KITAP holder, for a SKLD valid 5 years (the whole legth of your KITAP). This fee includes everything, the fingerprints (if requested), the bad jokes, the sending of the application to MABES POLRI in JKT, the ID plastic card...etc

Here is a sample of letter that you can use after modifying it with you own datas:

Tempat, Tanggal

Kepada yth: Bapak Direktur Intelkam POLDA di (Manado)

Perihal: Permohonan Surat Keterangan Lapor Diri a/n (atlantis).

Dengan hormat,

Saya yang bertanda tangan di bawah ini:

Nama: Mrs Atlantis
                          Tempat/Tgl Lahir: Manado, XX Juli 19XX
                          Pekerjaan : Kontraktor
                          KTP Nomor: 71XXXXXXXXX
                          Alamat: Kel. XX, Kec. XX, Manado

Memohon kepada Bapak Direktur Intelkam POLDA untuk dapat memberikan Surat Keterengan Lapor Diri untuk suami sah saya pemegang Izin Tinggal Tetap (ITAP) yang datanya sebagai berikut:

Nama: Atlantis
                          Tempat/Tgl Lahir: XX, Perancis, XX Agustus 19XX
                          Paspor Nomor: XXXXXXX
                          Kebangsaan: Perancis
                          KITAP nomor: XXXXXXXX Berlaku s/d XX/XX/20XX
                          Alamat: Kel. XX, Kec. XX, Manado

Demikian permohonan ini saya buat kiranya mendapat perhatian dari bapak Direktur Intelkam POLDA dan atas kerja sama yang baik saya pemohon mengucapkan banyak terima kasih.

Yang bermohon

TTD
                          Last edited by atlantis; 05-03-12, 22:42. Reason: Typo. Thanks to BULE_NYASAR :)

Comment

This morning I went to KanIm armed with a copy of UU 6 / 2011 and every single document I could think of and ofcourse all docs and the guideline from Atlantis as mentioned in his thread "conversion of an ITAS sponsorored by an indonesian spouse in an ITAP , UU 6/2011" post 1 and 2 . When I talked to the staff ,I was told that they were still waiting for instructions from Jakarta and they could not help me now !!! So I showed her my full copy of the new law UU 6 and asked her to read all articles related to my case . After a while she came up with a " face saver " such as " Oh you mean konversi of Kitas into Kitap " . I apoligized for creating this confusion due to my poor bahasa indonesia and fro there onwards it was smooth sailing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 I needed to by a map for 5000 rupiah and got formulir 24 , 26 and 27 free of charge . By the way Atlantis I needed also formulir 26 !? She asked me the following docs : letter sponsor letter jaminaan ,KTP Ibu sponsor + 2 copies , Bukuh Nikah + 2 copies , KK + 2 copies , my passport + 2 copies , my kitas + 2copies and my Buku Biru + 2 copies . They kept my passport , kitas and buku biru . After another 15 minutes of waiting she gave my paper which said that I had to come back on Sept 14 . She told me that at that time I could pick up the letter to be brought to KanWil .!!!!!!!!!!! I expected ...this doc needs to be legalized and this translated etc... but none of this happened . It looks like no interview with WasdaKim , no financial statements , no proof of registration of marriage with embassy . Well at least not this time .
                            I still cann t believe it went so easy although it is only the first step but according to Atlantis the first step , convincing Petugas , is the difficult one .
                            Thank you Atlantis for your detailed explanations and guidelines which convinced me to apply for my Kitap myself .

Comment

You're welcome. I will move your post in the thread you've refered in a few minutes. I wanted to post a last post about Kartu Keluarga and KTP OA before opening it, but so far I didn't find time to do so. I'll try later, in a few days or weeks, and open now the thread for all to post if they have questions. I am away for about 2 weeks, but fill free to fire questions if you have any, I'll "guide" you the best I can. To be honest, it ain't a big deal as long as you know the law. If someone try to play tricks, just flash the relevant article and they will back off.
                              Last edited by atlantis; 08-09-11, 14:16.

Comment

Working...
                              X