Return ticket for Sosbud Visa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Davita View Post
    I'm surprised if an RI Embassy or Consul would issue a Sosbud without seeing and copying a return ticket. I have applied numerous times in Vancouver Canada, once in Hong Kong and twice in Kuala Lumpur and always had to leave a copy of a return ticket...and yet have never been asked on arrival in Jakarta or Bali.

Also, the issuance of a Sosbud by an Embassy or Consul does NOT guarantee entry into RI. This is dependant on the Immigration Officer on arrival. I've never heard of anyone being denied but it is so stated on the pre-amble to the application.
    That's odd, because I can get my SosBud in Singapore just fine without showing a return ticket at all.
    sigpic
    bassist, perl ninja, random stranger

Comment

Originally posted by MadCat View Post
      That's odd, because I can get my SosBud in Singapore just fine without showing a return ticket at all.
      Marcus indicated that Singapore is different....seems like RI Embassies make up their own rules.

Today we went to Jakarta Immigration in Rasuna Said and received the application forms for our Sosbud. The form is a lot simpler, only 2 pages and instructions are also in English.

This form is Perdim 21 and used for Transit visa; Sosbud single visit visa; Sosbud multiple visit visa; Limited stay visa

Comment

One time I was coming to Indonesia to visit my wife and son while I was still living in Japan and they stopped me at immigration for not having a ticket out of Indonesia. They took me to the ticket issue counter and said I had to buy a ticket. However, when I tried to purchase one, they said they were all sold out. The immigration official than discreetly asked me for some money and he could solve my problem (first asked for 100 USD, I offered 50,000 IDR and he took it).

Comment

I already had to change the date of a cheap air ticket and had to pay Rp300,000 for it . A friend of mine just changed the date of an air ticket of a regular airline and paid USD100 for it .
          So , in this subject , I will prefer to give a tip to an immigration officer instead of having an outward ticket which I will probably have to reschedule the date of it .

Comment

Marcus, if my husband got VITAS from KBRI kuala lumpur, should i buy a year ticket for him? Becoz i will apply KITAS when i reach jakarta, means KITAS for a year visa, so before i apply KITAS i need to buy a year ticket for him ? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Lennaedgar View Post
              Marcus, if my husband got VITAS from KBRI kuala lumpur, should i buy a year ticket for him? Becoz i will apply KITAS when i reach jakarta, means KITAS for a year visa, so before i apply KITAS i need to buy a year ticket for him ? Thanks
              No. If you arrive with VITAS, it is understood you will get a KITAS on arrival in Jakarta. VITAS is basically pre-approval for KITAS. No need to have return ticket, as your husband will be a temporary resident of Indonesia.

Comment

Oh okay, because they said to apply kitas i need to show the immigration the return ticket of my husband, i was thinking it means i need to buy a return ticket for him, thank you for helping Marcus.

Comment

Hello again, i have tried calling KBRI kul many times from jakarta but seems busy. I didnt yet buy ticket to malaysia because KBRI not yet call my husband. He is in jakarta now. If anyone knows about this, how to get contact KBRI kuala lumpur, thank you for helping.

Comment

It is normally very difficult to contact an Indonesian Embassy , and when succeeded , one normally does not get precise information .

I think you can save the phone call , because the Regulation states there is no requirement for a ticket for a VITAS (see Pasal 103 below) , in contrast with that the ticket is required for a Visit Visa (Social Cultural , Business , VOA) for example (Pasal 90 below) :

Note 1 : This is my view from a quick read of the Regulation . Please check yourself too , going into other Articles if necessary .

Note 2 : Translation can be done at Google Translate

-------------------------------------------

PP no.31 , year 2013

Pasal 103 (genaral requirements , there are more for each type of VITAS)
                    (1) Permohonan Visa tinggal terbatas diajukan oleh Orang Asing atau Penjamin kepada Menteri atau Pejabat Imigrasi yang ditunjuk dengan mengisi aplikasi data dan melampirkan persyaratan:
                    a. surat penjaminan dari Penjamin;
                    b. fotokopi Paspor Kebangsaan yang sah dan masih berlaku:
                    1. paling singkat 12 (dua belas) bulan bagi yang akan melakukan pekerjaan di Wilayah Indonesia untuk waktu paling lama 6 (enam) bulan;
                    2. paling singkat 18 (delapan belas) bulan bagi yang akan melakukan pekerjaan atau tinggal di Wilayah Indonesia untuk waktu paling lama 1 (satu) tahun; atau
                    3. paling singkat 30 (tiga puluh) bulan bagi yang akan melakukan pekerjaan atau tinggal di Wilayah Indonesia untuk waktu paling lama 2 (dua) tahun.
                    c. bukti memiliki biaya hidup bagi dirinya dan/atau keluarganya selama berada di Wilayah Indonesia; dan
                    d. pasfoto berwarna.

-------------------------------------------

Pasal 90
                    Permohonan Visa kunjungan diajukan kepada Menteri atau Pejabat Imigrasi yang ditunjuk pada Perwakilan Republik Indonesia dengan mengisi aplikasi data dan melampirkan persyaratan:
                    a. paspor yang sah dan masih berlaku paling singkat 6 (enam) bulan;
                    b. surat penjaminan dari Penjamin kecuali untuk kunjungan dalam rangka pariwisata;
                    c. bukti memiliki biaya hidup bagi dirinya dan/atau keluarganya selama berada di Wilayah Indonesia;
                    d. tiket kembali atau tiket terusan untuk melanjutkan perjalanan ke negara lain kecuali bagi awak alat angkut yang akan singgah untuk bergabung dengan kapalnya dan melanjutkan perjalanan ke negara lain; dan
                    e. pasfoto berwarna.

Comment

Thank you Marcus, i mean i dont yet buy ticket to malaysia for telex approval or vitas from KBRI kul. Because the embassy didnt yet call us, i read about this that the embassy usually call us after 3 days the jakarta imigration send the telex approval to KBRI. I need to buy ticket and hotel in bukit bintang, but need to make sure KBRI kul call my husband first. Do you know how long usually the KBRI or indonesian embassy will call us?

Comment

Originally posted by Lennaedgar View Post
                        I didnt yet buy ticket to malaysia because KBRI not yet call my husband. He is in jakarta now...
                        ... i mean i dont yet buy ticket to malaysia for telex approval or vitas from KBRI kul. Because the embassy didnt yet call us, , i read about this that the embassy usually call us after 3 days the jakarta imigration send the telex approval to KBRI ...

Ah , I understood wrongly before .

I don't know where you did read that , but I never heard about Embassy calling the foreigner confirming the arrival of the telex .

What I did some (10 years ago) was to take a copy of the Jakarta's telex , go to the Embassy and request the visa (in my case , Social Cultural) adding the telex with all documents , form , photos .
                        Last edited by marcus; 13-03-18, 23:36.

Comment

You helped me alot Marcus, yeah i decided to go to malaysia on sunday morning so monday i can go to embassy with my husband. I tried to call embassy but they were busy all the time, means the lines always busy hehe. And i also follow your advice to find hotel near monorel. Because i m pregnant 6 months so i cant walk so far. Thank you so much for the help Marcus

Comment

in any event show to embassy or at the airports simply print out a fake one- plenty of posts about people doing that for the philippines(where i have never been asked to show one) usually required at the originating airport or if you worried about that there are agencies on the internet that do cheap ' throw away tickets'

Comment

In my case I was asked for the return ticket in the RI embassy, but in the airport the immigration officer didn't want to see that. May be it varies from country to country.

Comment

I guess most countries (if not all) require the onward or return ticket for short time visitors . I suppose that because of this requirement , in my country (South America) everybody had to buy a return ticket before leaving the country .

Comment

Working...
                                X