Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jakarta for a single woman

Hi All,

I'm excited to have the opportunity to move to Jakarta for 3 years with work (currently living in London). But I am recently divorced and would be moving out as a single 36year old woman. Firstly I was wondering if there would be any foreseeable issues (I can't imagine there would be anything specific but thought I'd ask).

Mainly I am still hopeful of having a relationship with a man and wondered what dating in Jakarta was like - I will say that I'm 5'11'' so probably much taller than most Indonesian guys!

All advice gratefully received!

Lots of tall expats guys around .... !!

You might want to considering joining one or more of the great community organizations that abound in Jakarta for like-minded expats - http://www.expat.or.id/orgs/community.html

Enjoy your stay
    Danielle Surkatty
    Member of the Organizing Committee
    Living in Indonesia, A Site for Expatriates
    http://www.expat.or.id/

Living in Indonesia Expat Forum
    Webmaster
    http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.org/

Comment

No specific issues, but obviously a big change from London, where there is great public transport, loads of food options and a very tolerant atmosphere. Hope you have paid a visit first before accepting.

I don't think your height would be a problem but Indonesian men might be scared to approach you. There are quite a few Western expats (not as many as before) although many are here with families, and others are frequent users of the local nightlife. In terms of UK expats there might be 800-1000 in Jakarta (permanent ones) but it's a big city (bigger than greater London) so not easy to find them, despite the fact many congregate at the same places.

Comment

i am here.!

you can call me on +6281548153653

Comment

dear navnicki

Fear is only in your mind, dump it away...
          you just only need to get a long with new friends..
          short afraid of tall
          fat afraid of thin
          just follow your heart...

Comment

Originally posted by navnicki View Post
            Hi All,

I'm excited to have the opportunity to move to Jakarta for 3 years with work (currently living in London). But I am recently divorced and would be moving out as a single 36year old woman. Firstly I was wondering if there would be any foreseeable issues (I can't imagine there would be anything specific but thought I'd ask).

Mainly I am still hopeful of having a relationship with a man and wondered what dating in Jakarta was like - I will say that I'm 5'11'' so probably much taller than most Indonesian guys!

All advice gratefully received!
            Contact me or inform to me: [email protected]

Comment

"Hi All,
              All advice gratefully received!"

hm, did you try to use dating apps? Personally now I'm helped by this dating site https://datehookup.dating very much to find women who would like to talk to me. I guess, that there you could find a man even in Jakarta, because it's an international site. By the way, people from that dating site are quite communicative because there women text even with me. Personally, I think, that anyway you will find a man even without help of dating site, but, if you will be desperate as I'm, then, you're welcome to that dating site

Comment

Working...
              X