Where to find bagels in Jakarta?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find bagels in Jakarta?

I live in Bintaro, and I cannot find any store that sells bagels for the life of me. Ideas?

There you go: http://bagelbagel.co.id/

If I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure that they have more than one outlet than the one in Kemang as I recall seeing their logo in a food court or something. Maybe they haven't updated their website or maybe I'm dreaming. Give them a call.
    Last edited by El_Goretto; 29-09-15, 14:19.

Comment

You want real bagels? I haven't found any, yet. Round bread, that kinda resembles bagels, sure.
      Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

Or, make your own :

http://www.sophisticatedgourmet.com/...-bagel-recipe/
        Cicak Magnet

Comment

Originally posted by El_Goretto View Post

If I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure that they have more than one outlet than the one in Kemang as I recall seeing their logo in a food court or something. Maybe they haven't updated their website or maybe I'm dreaming. Give them a call.
          I used to get bagels at the Jalan Benda Raya store a bit south of Jalan Kemang Selatan. (Never searched for other outlets.) Did not buy them often -- too god awful expensive, if I remember correctly. My wife who is a pretty good baker got a recipe, putting an end to store-bought bagels all together.

Comment

Been there a couple times, not too bad in my opinion.

Second option is like waarmstrong said, maybe find a wife, who knows how to bake, find a recipe, then you'll always have fresh bagels for breakfast every morning...

Comment

Originally posted by Banana72 View Post
              Been there a couple times, not too bad in my opinion.

Second option is like waarmstrong said, maybe find a wife, who knows how to bake, find a recipe, then you'll always have fresh bagels for breakfast every morning...
              Baking is not just for a wife...

I am a man and I bake fresh bread, pizzas, pitta bread and foccacia. I have never made bagels, but I am sure I will give it a go sometime over the years.

Baking really isn't that hard for anyone - man or woman, boy or girl. Find a recipe, buy the ingredients, mix the ingredients (usually just water, yeast, flour, salt), knead the dough, rest, knead again, and then put the dough in the oven.

You will end up with nicer bread than you can buy anywhere here.
              Last edited by tokektokek; 08-10-15, 07:31. Reason: Forgot to put a comma between flour and salt...

Comment

Haha. I agree with tokek, although baking is not as easy as it sounds. I have cooked for years, but have greater difficulty in baking. I can see how banana72's advice came across, but I know he is a man obsessed with making his own martabak.

Baked goods freeze well, stock up when you do find it.

Comment

Originally posted by tokektokek View Post
                  Baking is not just for a wife...

I am a man and I bake fresh bread, pizzas, pitta bread and foccacia. I have never made bagels, but I am sure I will give it a go sometime over the years.

Baking really isn't that hard for anyone - man or woman, boy or girl. Find a recipe, buy the ingredients, mix the ingredients (usually just water, yeast, flour, salt), knead the dough, rest, knead again, and then put the dough in the oven.

You will end up with nicer bread than you can buy anywhere here.
                  My 'wife baking' bit was more of a joke than anything

but...back to bagels...some people prefer bagels to be quite chewy...me, I like it to be quite soft.

Comment

Real bagels should be a bit chewy.
                    Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

I think i saw one in plaza senayan....

Comment

Here's my friend his name is Steven, he's French guy, he has living in Jakarta for 15 years and he has been selling many product like: bread, beggel, expat food... call him now! here's his phone number/whatsapp number:[COLOR=#000000] 0813 1122 3495.[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]
                        [FONT=Open Sans][/FONT]
                        [/COLOR]

Blog Pengusaha Manado | Jasa Pengetikan Cepat | Jasa Pengetikan Online

Comment

Originally posted by Jaime C View Post
                          Real bagels should be a bit chewy.
                          Yes, but the one I had in particular, was too chewy, I swear it almost break my teeth when I tried to bite it off!!

Comment

Working...
                          X