Tanning Salon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanning Salon

Hey ladies...are there tanning salons in Jakarta? I have seen a few posts on here relating to gyms and such, but no mention of tanning being offered. Any ideas?

http://www.google.co.id/search?q=tan...ient=firefox-a

There you go baby. Google is your friend.

Comment

It a strange thing this skin colour.
      The local lasses are all going daft trying to get as white as they can while the westerners are looking to darken up.
      side - greener- other - grass ??????????????

Comment

Originally posted by Lady_Drew View Post
        Hey ladies...are there tanning salons in Jakarta? I have seen a few posts on here relating to gyms and such, but no mention of tanning being offered. Any ideas?
        TOPIC: Artificial Tanning Booths and Cancer
        WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?
        Long-term exposure to artificial sources of ultraviolet rays like tanning beds (or to the sun's natural rays) increases both men and women's risk of developing skin cancer. In addition, exposure to tanning salon rays increases damage caused by sunlight because ultraviolet light actually thins the skin, making it less able to heal. Women who use tanning beds more than once a month are 55 percent more likely to develop malignant melanoma, the most deadly form of skin cancer.

http://www.cancer.gov/newscenter/tip...tanning-booths
        IknowthatyoubelieveyouunderstandwhatyouthinkIsaid, butI'mnotsureyourealisethatwhatyouheardisnotwhatI meant.

Comment

I'm with you, Om. If you are really the devil-may-care type, perhaps you should smoke a pack while under the tanning light.

Comment

We have not had 4 cloudy days in the last 30 and someone wants a tanning salon?

Comment

Yes, Consultant, good point, but the rainy season will soon be upon us. besides, perhaps some people have to make hay while the sun shines.

Comment

Blast!! The one time I didn't google ahead of time Fred

I can completely understand the concensus out there regarding tanning. It has been a phase for me the last year and I have to admit that I love it. I guess it's my one vice....don't drink, smoke, do drugs, eat salt or sugar, excercise daily and eat right.

I am considering switching to a self tanner to keep the dark look but not have the health risks. Has any girls out there tried one and liked it AND didn't turn as orange as a pumpkin?

Comment

I can completely understand the concensus out there regarding tanning. It has been a phase for me the last year and I have to admit that I love it. I guess it's my one vice....don't drink, smoke, do drugs, eat salt or sugar, excercise daily and eat right.

I am considering switching to a self tanner to keep the dark look but not have the health risks. Has any girls out there tried one and liked it AND didn't turn as orange as a pumpkin?
                  Bloody hell lass. I eat too much of all the wrong things but I don't booze or use drugs.
                  I have been exorcised.

Comment

Many if not most Indonesians believe that brown skin is dirty and uncool, white skin is healthy and sexy...
                    IknowthatyoubelieveyouunderstandwhatyouthinkIsaid, butI'mnotsureyourealisethatwhatyouheardisnotwhatI meant.

Comment

Originally posted by omdafyd View Post
                      Many if not most Indonesians believe that brown skin is dirty and uncool, white skin is healthy and sexy...
                      [COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Yep you got that right!

I used to go to the beauty salon and had what we called 'luluran' or masking just to make my skin porcelain white look alike, especially after went swimming or being outside too long. But now since living in Australia where people likes doing outdoor activities, I don't give a crap whether my skin gets darker. As long as I wear lots and lots of sunscreen, wear hat and sunnies while outside, and put lots of moisturizer after a shower, I'm cool
                      [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
                      [FONT=Trebuchet MS]You mess with the best, you'll die like the rest![/FONT]

Comment

i've used a johnson's tanner before in australia during the winter months and they even had 2 or even 3 shades that you could choose from. it did work and didn't turn out orange at all, in fact was a nice glow. however, once you start applying you're either got to keep applying continually or when you stop it will start coming off and you'll seem patchy for a bit. kindna like lots of freckles and then they will slowly 'drop off' in a few days. heh remember to clean your palms after or not your palms will turn very dark from all the daily rubbing in.

Comment

Johnson's tanner eh?? Available in store or do I need to get it online? I am totally willing to switch if I can get the same look without the hazards of the bed!

Comment

Johnson's tanner eh?? Available in store or do I need to get it online? I am totally willing to switch if I can get the same look without the hazards of the bed!
                            http://www.johnsonsbeauty.co.uk/prod...spx?product=55

this is what i was referring to, i don't think i've seen them here in the stores.
                            might have to source it out online i think! or if you've got mates coming in from oz or england you probably can get them to grab you a couple of bottles..

Comment

jeeez louise!

not much left there.....[COLOR=LemonChiffon]thank the gods she didnt opt out of sex too! [/COLOR]

I guess it's my one vice....don't drink, smoke, do drugs, eat salt or sugar, excercise daily and eat right.

Comment

Working...
                              X