Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name 5 of your most recommended places in South Jakarta

Sharing is caring

Please name your most recommended place - in SOUTH JAKARTA - to..........

1. Eat/dine out with family
    2. Get pampered and beautified
    3. Find good deals (discounts, sale, etc)
    4. Throw an awesome birthday party for young children
    5. Buy coolest toys/books/presents/knick-knacks for kids

Don't forget to add any contact details of each place, be it an address, a phone number, a facebook page, a website, and whatnot!

Oh, also, if your most recommended place(s) have been mentioned by others, try to advise your 2nd most recommended place(s)

Thanks heaps ladies!

Fantastic thread idea - though I wish it weren't limited to ladies with young children. (I'm female, but I'm no lady, and my son is no longer young.) Anyway, let me do the best I can given my handicaps:

1. Eat/dine out with family:

Koi (http://www.koiindonesia.com)
    Duck King (http://www.theduckking.com)

2. Pampered and beautified - I don't do that, never have. (I get my massages from my husband, who like me is not a big fan of make-up.)

3. Good deals - depends on what kind of product. For cloth (batik and otherwise), I like Ojo Lali (http://ojolalitenun.blogspot.com). For furniture and knick-knacks I recommend wandering the shops along Ciputat Raya (en route to Country Woods) and Kemang Timur.

4. My son is too old, I don't know.

5. See #4.

Good luck, other posters can probably help more than I can.

Comment

Amigos in Kemang is good for dining out with family, and there's another branch by Bellagio (not sure if that's South Jakarta still).

Comment

I second Puspa's on KOI. Love love love their food there.

Getting pampered: http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...spa-in-Jakarta --> most of what mentioned there are in the South.

Good deals... hmm.... since I'm a local, I usually find the good deals for the items I'm looking for through the online shops on facebook, kaskus, instagram, olx, and berniaga.com. Cant really help you with that.

4. throw an awesome party for young children? how young? try Kidzania in Pacific place http://www.kidzania.co.id/. My baby is still 3 months old, and usually those birthdays that we attended were held at home.
        5. Buy coolest toys/knick knacks etc for kids - in Mall Kelapa Gading, there are two toys shops in Mall 1. We usually go there to get gifts or to satisfy my husband's craving for toys (well, it's for my son's too) or you can try Toys Kingdom in Grand Indonesia, mall Artha Gading, Gandaria City. http://www.toyskingdom.co.id/
        [COLOR=black]
        [/COLOR]

Comment

Thanks for having replied

I actually wish to find a restaurant where they have some area for kids to play - but definitely not fast/junk food one.

Quality of food can come after. Because if eating out without kids, I have quite a few choices to go to like Toscana, Trattoria, Largo Bistrot, and Amigos (yes Berlarutlarut!)

For kids party.. I guess pool & BBQ party at home is the easiest and still awesome to hold without having to cost a fortune. Laser game, cooking class etc are also good.

But do any of you know where to get a themed party, say dinosaur theme, or pirate, etc? Or Maybe 'flying fox' kind of thing?

And for deals.. thanks sweetmaria and puspa.. I guess finding them online is the easiest.. I will ask my staff further about your recommendations

For beauty care.. ha! Yes! I replied to that thread given by sweetmaria I think I have found my own fav place.. called 6th Sense (ex Coquelicot French Bistro). Sooo inexpensive and great service. Most of all, because hubby walked out of there wanting to go back regularly. He is usually very difficult to please and most places with good therapists are only for women

Btw, keep them recommendations coming.. many thanks

Comment

Tamani Kids in kemang. Small kids.

ISCI Ciputat can arrange nice birthday party for your kids. You can have flying fox, bouncing castle, football games.. For a fee.
            Last edited by Missnaughty; 07-10-14, 10:48.

Comment

Cooking class is great.

My sister runs a small firm that holds cooking classes for extra curricular activity in several local schools and an international school in South Jakarta. Her students are from Kindergarten level - 6th grade primary. She also has classes for mommy and kids (basically parents learn to cook together with their kids for bonding).
              Secondary school kids would start next term btw *cross fingers*
              [COLOR=black]
              [/COLOR]

Comment

I think Amigo's is great for kids because they love dancing around to the live music. Don't know any other place here that has that.

Comment

Originally posted by Berlarutlarut View Post
                  Amigos in Kemang is good for dining out with family, and there's another branch by Bellagio (not sure if that's South Jakarta still).
                  It's obvious you've never eaten real Mexican food. The only thing worse than the Jakarta Amigo's is the Bandung branch. I make some pretty good fajitas, if do say so myself.
                  Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaime C View Post
                    It's obvious you've never eaten real Mexican food. The only thing worse than the Jakarta Amigo's is the Bandung branch. I make some pretty good fajitas, if do say so myself.
                    Try this place for good Mexican, it is a hole in the wall, serves pork and is the closest to LA Mexican food I've found in Indonesia:
                    http://tacolocal.com/

Comment

I find Haciendas superior to Amigos in every way. There's one in Arcadia Senayan (behind Plaza Senayan) and one in Pondok Indah Mall 3 (aka Street Gallery). My go to items there: Margarita and table side guacamole.

Another restaurant I love is Din Tai Fung: best steamed dumpling ever. The ones I know are in Arcadia Senyan, Plaza Senayan and Pondok Indah Mall 2 with one soon to open in Mall @ Alam Sutera.

And last but not least, my favourite Japanese restaurant for quality and value: Kaiomaru in Pondok Indah Golf Apartment (left side of the apartment lobby, inside). They have another one in Blok M as well. I recommend the Jyo Sushi platter.

I'd also add strolling around the Senopati area. It's full of hip restaurants and a few gems in the lot such as Three Buns (nice burgers, cool decor).

I can't comment on getting pampered...

Good deals: since you are a lady, check out Cilandak Town Square. They have fashion days every week (forgot which day but it's always the same), where local designers sell their stuff. I don't know anything about that sort of things but my wife tells me it's very unique. Also full of celebrities shopping there.

If you're into electronics: Ratu Plaza, Mall Ambassador, Mangga Dua.

Party for kids: the playground in Lippomall Kemang. I forgot the name but they organize parties for kids and there's a built in dinning area for parents. Not fine dining but descent all things considered.

Toys for kids: well, all toys here pretty much have the same selection all over. But there is a Lego shop in Cilandak Town Square where they have the most complete selection of Legos in Indonesia. They also have sets already built on display as well as really nice and intricate custom creations (last time I went there there was a mosaic on the wall, and before that it was a 1:1 storm trooper or was it boba fett, I forgot)

Speaking of Legos, you can also find some of the bigger toy stores offer course for kids to play with Lego mindstorm which are very advanced legos combining robotics, electronics and programming.

Comment

Originally posted by Missnaughty View Post
                        Tamani Kids in kemang. Small kids.

ISCI Ciputat can arrange nice birthday party for your kids. You can have flying fox, bouncing castle, football games.. For a fee.

Tamani kids has upped and closed in Kemang.
                        Things happen for a reason...

Comment

Originally posted by Jaime C View Post
                          Amigos is more like tex-mex. And at that they're probably on par with Chillis or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by vanuatu View Post
                            Try this place for good Mexican, it is a hole in the wall, serves pork and is the closest to LA Mexican food I've found in Indonesia:
                            http://tacolocal.com/
                            Closest, but still a far cry. Plus you get better service from a food truck than this place.

Comment

And I second Kaihomaru with El_G. A few other good Japanese places at Block M as well (the place where you have to park inside and it's a big complex. Good ramen shops as well. Although there's ikudo Ichi at the mall and Kemang now.

Comment

Working...
                              X