Announcement

Collapse

Expat Forum Moving Hosting

We have moved the Expat Forum to a new server in late March. You'll notice some changes due to upgrades we've made in the vBulletin software.

If you have questions, please email me at [email protected].

wm
See more
See less

rice,rice...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diazsurya View Post
    Hello.
    Maybe you can make a visit to Serambi Botani in Botani Square, Bogor.
    They have many kind of rice produced by their own farmer, varies from white to black rice. And also they have "fake" rice.

FYI Serambi Botani belong to Bogor Agricultural University.
    I hope this help
    What is "fake" rice?!
    Things happen for a reason...

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle O'Brien View Post
      What is "fake" rice?!
      The only "fake" rice I know is konnyaku noodle. Tried it once and for all. It made me bloated so much but I guess I ate too much. Konnyaku is high in fibre and popular as "diet" food in Japan

Comment

To me Indian basmati rice is king.
        Used in any style from Indian to Arab, I even prefer it in my wife's indo cooking and persuade her to go basmati every time
        north eastern thai jasmine rice (gluttonous and normal) is a close 2nd. But there certainly are some fuck off Indonesian boutique rices out there too, just need to be in the know of what's what and where to get it.

Comment

my fav rice is rojolele. all time fav! easy to find.

Comment

I use two kinds of rice. Indain Basmati rice if the rice mixed with beans or lentils or vegetables and steams in pot. Indonesian Pandan Wangi rice for plain white rice in rice cooker. The TOPI KOKI brand has good Pandan Wangi rice. It has blue package. 5 kg package is around 110000 RP.I tried other indonesian rice but only this brand and this type of rice taste good for our family
            "Life is the thought of smelling flowers on the soil of another planet." Sohrab Sepehri

Comment

i use ordinary rice that sold at tukang sayur lol.... but i wash it with water and salt, and soak it for 1-2minutes.. i read somewhere that salt can take the pesticide from the rice,
              sometimes i use black rice too, it tastes very yummy! rich of fiber and healthy.. i bought them at setiabudhi supermarket, bandung
              and yep i found it annoying when eating rice and there is rock in it.. i got my tooth broken because chew the rock and it cost 700k to fix it

i always use bottled water to cook and for fruits, i use to wash it with tap water first and then bottled water after that
              [FONT=Tahoma]for my part i know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream...[/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by vania~ View Post
                i read somewhere that salt can take the pesticide from the rice
                I was just going to say that using salt is unlikely to help reducing external pesticide contamination, but some quick Googling (technical papers not hearsay, e.g. here) suggests it actually might - I'm a bit surprised. Could be a nice tip.
                Sometimes I feel I must be lexdysic.

Comment

and also i read it the tip, at vegan restaurant in bandung
                  [FONT=Tahoma]for my part i know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream...[/FONT]

Comment

I used to mix up several kinds of rice altogether and add some other stuff in (that depends on my mood, but you can consider adding sweet potato, coconut juice, or even peanut). Tastes good to me and my family, so you can give it a try
                    How to solve pdo_mysql extension is not installed

Comment

Originally posted by Simicart View Post
                      I used to mix up several kinds of rice altogether and add some other stuff in (that depends on my mood, but you can consider adding sweet potato, coconut juice, or even peanut). Tastes good to me and my family, so you can give it a try
                      I've never thought about mixing different kinds of rice so interesting idea, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X