C- section Mark

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C- section Mark

Hello Ladies, (or perhaps gentlemen, but I think that would be impossible unless you are Arnold in Junior..)

Any of you had caesarean before ? I had mine twice, first in 2004 and the last one was in 2007, the same place reopened, and left about 10 cm mark.

My question is, is it itchy ? Because mine is. Not all the time but quite often, and when the itch comes, it is really unbearable and scratching it is inevitable.

Any cream suggestion ? Or am I alone ?

Thanks in advance !
    Words can inspire, thoughts can provoke, but only action can get you closer to your dreams.

My mom had a section when she delivered me and she always said the scar itched. She used Mederma scar ointment. Although, she did have to laser off some parts of her scar because keloids started to develop due to friction from clothes (like the bands of pants, etc.).

I hope they have the cream in Indonesia

mederma-box.gif

Comment

Is it true that if we take the caesarean way for giving birth the effects will be for long terms? something like pain or itchy.
      I smile.

Comment

I've never had a c-section, but it's quite common for scars to itch. I have a scar from where I had skin cancer removed and it occasionally itches like crazy. I usually put cocoa butter on it-- I've found that keeping the scar moisturized really helps, plus the cocoa butter helps the skin to heal nicely. (And makes you smell like chocolate! )

Comment

Can I say something even if I'm not Arnold and even less a woman??

Until now my wife never complain about itching... but that don't mean she never had :P

Many year ago, ± 2003, I had a very bad deep cut on my right index, it was quite scary! I still have the scar, 5 cm.
          From the beginning and for many year after the cut it feel itchy, like you it was a come and go.
          Today, I still have strange feeling when I touch it.
          I never see a doctor about that, but MY theory for MY finger is I had some sensitive nerve that get cut and that lead to the itching.

If you didn't feel the itching in the beginning and it's new... I suggest to consult a doctor, it can be a post operation trouble (as it can be a "normal" itching).

If you have the itching since the beginning, it have big chance it's a sensitive nerve that have been cut... they take very very long to repair!

Note: I'm not Doctor!
          Last edited by PhilippeD; 22-02-12, 11:58.
          La motivation vient en se motivant ~ Motivation come by self-motivation

Comment

RJ and Samantha, thank you for the the suggestions !

I will start to look for the Mederma in apotek.
            But I'm a bit ignorant about cocoa butter. What is that ? Chocolate pasta, the one you use for roti ? Or it is the cream for skin as well ?
            Words can inspire, thoughts can provoke, but only action can get you closer to your dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by Debora View Post
              Is it true that if we take the caesarean way for giving birth the effects will be for long terms? something like pain or itchy.
              If I can choose back then, I would choose the normal way. Unfortunately it couldn't be done. And this itch is one of the negative side from c-section, so certainly its true hence the thread.

The pain after surgery last for a month in my first labor. It hurts when you're sneezing, coughing and walking. You need to stay at the hospital for 5 days, while you will be dismissed after 2-3 days if you had it normally. You too can only have another 2 pregnancies after your first one, thats my gyno said, whilst you can have more than 10 if you want to if you are able to do it normally.

Long term ? Well.., its been almost 8 years since my first labor and beside the itch and the scar itself, I have no other complain.

Comment

Cocoa butter is made from cocoa, but it's not the same as the kind you use for cooking. It's white and creamy. In the States, you can buy it pretty much every where. They probably have it at Body Shop.

Comment

Cocoa butter... Hmm... is it the same like Virgin Coconut Oil? Or different?

*the effect
                  Last edited by Debora; 22-02-12, 15:21.
                  I smile.

Comment

Usually for itches I use hydrocortisone cream... But I think that's more for bug bites or allergic reactions. I have an old scar on my knee that used to itch, sometimes I'd use lotion on it and it would help till the skin dried out again.
                    Last edited by OomBen; 22-02-12, 20:56.
                    Tolak orang gila

Comment

Cocoa butter yang Palmer Mbak Al, or Bio Oil (I've never seen this in Indo). It works wonders. I have heaps I'll send you a bottle
                      [COLOR="navy"]Leave the gun, take the cannoli[/COLOR] - The Godfather

Comment

Originally posted by PhilippeD View Post
                        Can I say something even if I'm not Arnold and even less a woman??
                        Sure, you can say anything, Phil, and thanks for sharing and the advice.

In the beginning the itch was just normal like any other wound after surgery cut, you know like when the wound starts to heal ? And now for sure its completely dried and healed, and when it starts to itch I feel like ... grrhhhhhh.. !

I think I'll go with the creams suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by SamanthaB View Post
                          Cocoa butter is made from cocoa, but it's not the same as the kind you use for cooking. It's white and creamy. In the States, you can buy it pretty much every where. They probably have it at Body Shop.
                          Ahhhh !! Got it, silly me. Like sea butter I bought from Body Shop, only this one is cocoa. Thanks Sam !

Originally posted by nickie View Post
                          Cocoa butter yang Palmer Mbak Al, or Bio Oil (I've never seen this in Indo). It works wonders. I have heaps I'll send you a bottle
                          Mwahhhhhh .., thanks sweetheart !

We have so much to catch up !

Comment

Originally posted by OomBen View Post
                            Usually for itches I use hydrocortisone cream... But I think that's more for bug bites or allergic reactions. I have an old scar on my knee that used to itch, sometimes I'd use lotion on it and it would help till the skin dried out again.
                            What happened with your removal skin since you were born ...?

Comment

Originally posted by Alia View Post
                              What happened with your removal skin since you were born ...?
                              It's not every day I get asked about that... ;-)

I edited my post... after thinking about it a bit I decided that maybe I should not have posted it... but since you brought it up, I know someone who had a circumcision when he was about 21 years old... i wonder if he has itch issues?
                              Tolak orang gila

Comment

Working...
                              X