Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How strong and independent are you?

Dear ladies,,

WOuld u please share with me your experience in your life, your career, n your relationship? As woman,our strength in facing life is different with men.

I think I am independent woman,as I live far away from parents and family, single, get hectic and challenging job everyday, and so many problems came across my life. But there are a lot of women stronger than me,who should work hard everyday for the family,etc.

That's life. it is never flat. I try to enjoy my life how hard it is. So what about you??

I am independent at one side but very dependent on the other side..
    Sometimes I feel so strong that I think I can change and face whatever happen to my life
    Sometimes I feel so weak that I need someone to hug me and tell me everything's gonna be alright.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowy city View Post
      I am independent at one side but very dependent on the other side..
      Sometimes I feel so strong that I think I can change and face whatever happen to my life
      Sometimes I feel so weak that I need someone to hug me and tell me everything's gonna be alright.
      if only I am in Bandung we will hug each other....

hiks

Comment

i think i was more independent when i was single. now that i'm married i think i've been spoiled to rely on my husband too much. i stopped working and now we have a baby. so the baby is dependent on me and i'm dependent on my husband!

i'm sure my husband has been feeling dependent on me since we got married too. like he never had anybody take care of him before.

it's so confusing at times because the change was all too sudden. and now my husband is in jakarta and i'm here in the states alone with the baby. so now i'm back being independent, except financially, taking care of the baby...alone. hopefully that will all change soon since we'll be together again in jakarta!

Comment

I am tired of been the strong one always!!!

My father passed away when I was five years old, I am the oldest and first child (one brother) and I got married to a younger man (hahaha after saying all my life that I liked old man!!!).
          After all what happened in my life, I believe I am terrible strong, have been strong all my life but now too tired of been the strong always..........of course I am almost 50 years old (aduhhhhhhhhhh susah percaya!!!).
          Overcoming poverty is no a gesture of charity is an act of justice the protection of a fundamental human right to dignity..

Comment

Originally posted by RJ7Mom View Post
            i think i was more independent when i was single. now that i'm married i think i've been spoiled to rely on my husband too much. i stopped working and now we have a baby. so the baby is dependent on me and i'm dependent on my husband!

i'm sure my husband has been feeling dependent on me since we got married too. like he never had anybody take care of him before.

it's so confusing at times because the change was all too sudden. and now my husband is in jakarta and i'm here in the states alone with the baby. so now i'm back being independent, except financially, taking care of the baby...alone. hopefully that will all change soon since we'll be together again in jakarta!
            Wow...you are a good mother and a good wife as well. I agree we will change someday, and between man and woman will be dependent each other. I was so dependent to my parents before working, and still dependent (not financial) to their love and cares, but we separate each other. I wish I could be home but I prefer living outside home and get more and more experience in life. But it seems to be very hard when nobody's here with me to give me support everyday.
            Well, hopefully you will be in Jakarta soon and meet your hubby

Comment

Originally posted by Shinta View Post
              I am tired of been the strong one always!!!

My father passed away when I was five years old, I am the oldest and first child (one brother) and I got married to a younger man (hahaha after saying all my life that I liked old man!!!).
              After all what happened in my life, I believe I am terrible strong, have been strong all my life but now too tired of been the strong always..........of course I am almost 50 years old (aduhhhhhhhhhh susah percaya!!!).
              Being old is not the reason to be weak...In ma opinion, as we grow older and older, we are supposed to be stronger. If your age is almost 50, so what should I call u?Oma? hehe *just kidding...

Comment

All the difficult experiences that we face and overcome in life gives us strength and hopefully wisdom.
                We have all our own stories to tell, that is what makes us individual and with different strengths and weaknesses.
                After the last 18 months I should be just about bullet-proof by now... but I am not.
                Having faced many stressful situations and survived them I still find the most important lesson (and probably the hardest one too) is learning to let go.
                As for being independent - well I am by nature very independent. I loathe not having my own transport or the necessary language skills ... however I am working on it.
                Sadly, many don't realise this and make assumptions that I need their advice or assistance. I don't like being underestimated.

My day today consisted of lobbing branches from palms in the garden. Doing some maintenance around the house and painting my bathroom, going crazy trying to set up a new printer (ok - so I was tired and hot... I had plugged the cable into the wrong portal...only 3 hours wasted).
                I weeded the driveway, mowed the grass and emptied and moved a wardrobe. Did 3 loads of washing and drying... loathe ironing- so I just don't do it.
                I changed the gas bottle and lugged 3 huge water bottles in. Hmmm not sure how much more independent I can get - until I learn the language.
                My favourite part of the day was understanding an sms from the ojeg driver and responding in BI text speak ... and actually being understood
                I may not have the best language skills here but for sure they are improving greatly.
                I have the rest of the house to paint yet... yes I am independent ... so I am going to use my independence to employ some bugger else to paint it... I decided I hate painting. I much prefer being lazy and playing online poker
                Cicak Magnet

Comment

Originally posted by teena View Post
                  Being old is not the reason to be weak...In ma opinion, as we grow older and older, we are supposed to be stronger. If your age is almost 50, so what should I call u?Oma? hehe *just kidding...
                  OUY!!!

Who said almost 50 is old???
                  Cicak Magnet

Comment

Originally posted by bad_azz View Post
                    OUY!!!

Who said almost 50 is old???
                    Indonesians officially retire at 55. There's your context

Comment

There is no strong, when you think you're weak.
                      There is no weak, when you think you're strong.
                      I think it's just a game of minds. (cmiiw)
                      I always set my mind to be strong and independent.
                      meet me on github

Comment

@Injun... Indonesians die a lot younger than the rest of the world too - as far as I am aware.
                        However I am not Indonesian
                        Cicak Magnet

Comment

Originally posted by teena View Post
                          you are right teena as we grow older we became stronger but I am TIRED, hahaha tired of have to be strong always, I am not weak, I am strong as always and probably even more (living in this country is really a daily challenge and I (we???) must be really strong to survive sometimes................

Sorry teena, I know the word Oma but I don´t know the meaning, my husband´s niece call me tanta!!!! is the same meaning than bibi?
                          Overcoming poverty is no a gesture of charity is an act of justice the protection of a fundamental human right to dignity..

Comment

Originally posted by Injun View Post
                            Indonesians officially retire at 55. There's your context
                            Ladies' room, Injun. Do overhear but don't enter, lest they'll scream for satpam.

Comment

Originally posted by bad_azz View Post
                              All the difficult experiences that we face and overcome in life gives us strength and hopefully wisdom.
                              We have all our own stories to tell, that is what makes us individual and with different strengths and weaknesses.
                              After the last 18 months I should be just about bullet-proof by now... but I am not.
                              Having faced many stressful situations and survived them I still find the most important lesson (and probably the hardest one too) is learning to let go.
                              As for being independent - well I am by nature very independent. I loathe not having my own transport or the necessary language skills ... however I am working on it.
                              Sadly, many don't realise this and make assumptions that I need their advice or assistance. I don't like being underestimated.

My day today consisted of lobbing branches from palms in the garden. Doing some maintenance around the house and painting my bathroom, going crazy trying to set up a new printer (ok - so I was tired and hot... I had plugged the cable into the wrong portal...only 3 hours wasted).
                              I weeded the driveway, mowed the grass and emptied and moved a wardrobe. Did 3 loads of washing and drying... loathe ironing- so I just don't do it.
                              I changed the gas bottle and lugged 3 huge water bottles in. Hmmm not sure how much more independent I can get - until I learn the language.
                              My favourite part of the day was understanding an sms from the ojeg driver and responding in BI text speak ... and actually being understood
                              I may not have the best language skills here but for sure they are improving greatly.
                              I have the rest of the house to paint yet... yes I am independent ... so I am going to use my independence to employ some bugger else to paint it... I decided I hate painting. I much prefer being lazy and playing online poker
                              BA !!! I thought u were Indonesian (uppss...a huge mistake!!,,sorry).. I am touched by your story,,,

Go go go ladies!!

Comment

Working...
                              X