How to Help a Depressive Friend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Help a Depressive Friend

Hi, I'm half dutch and half indonesian. I work and have friends in Indonesia and I wanted to help someone that is coping with really depressive thoughts... It breaks my heart. Is there an anonymous website with psychologists that she can talk to online? I know we have 113 in the Netherlands.

Thanks in advance.
    Denk je aan aan zelfmoord? Neem contact op met 113. Crisislijn 24/7 open, therapie met een psycholoog of doe de zelfhulpcursus. Anoniem en vertrouwelijk.

You can try yourself talking to her. sometimes friends can help more than psychologist. You can find the best psychologist by searching it on google.

Comment

I agree with drsumitasofat. She needs friend to listen to her/him. Sometimes psychologist will give you anti depressant drugs that can make you addicted. So it is better if you assist her/him. There is an app or that. Try betterhelp.com

Comment

The only thing I would add is that maybe as well as periodic texts to say you are still thinking of her, you could consider a small gesture - perhaps get some flowers delivered to her house? It's just a token to show that you care - even if she feels unable to talk at the moment, I'm sure she will appreciate your concern and friendship.

Comment

Working...
        X