Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prescription for heavily regulated medication

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Prescription for heavily regulated medication

    Hi all

    I am an Australian currently prescribed Subutex but due to it's heavy regulation I take it at a pharmacy supervised daily and can't get a take away script. I am spending a month in Bali soon and need to know the process (and a contact if possible)for a Bali Dr to continue my prescription to this med. http://apotik.medicastore.com/obat/s...ublingual-8-mg I can find this link and it is the only thing I can find online, however while I punch the Indonesian in to google translate and it states a need a Drs prescription I am unsure of a few things:

    1. Some people tell me there is a Dr already at the pharmacy who can write the script is this correct?

    2. If there isn't a Dr at pharmacy what kind of Dr do I go to? IE a hospital Dr?

    3. What is the legality of all this? I presume if I have a prescription its legal? I can get my Australian Dr to write me a letter with dose frequency etc is this recommended?

    Any help would be super appreciated. Looking forward to any insights as I really can't find anything other than that link online.

  • #2
    I have heard, though i never tried because i already always carry plenty with me, that one can buy Tramadol with no prescription. I know it's not same as Subutex, Buprenorphine, as i also have that at home in usa and have taken it sublingual also. But it is a pretty good alternative and puts me in a good mood and i actually prefer it to Buprenorphine or codeine - just take at least 100mg of tramadol at a time. Yea i am in Kuta now and these pharmacies seemed to have like nothing so i very much doubt you will go in there and get Buprenorphine prescription or no prescription. I went to Kimia and Guardian pharmacy chains and they never even heard of selegiline which is a very common for longevity and parkinson's disease. Both told me i need to go and try hospital. Don't know if going to bother though because if even if available there may have to wait or go thru hoops or pay an 'arm and leg ' for it though not sure.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by HappyAussie View Post
      1. Some people tell me there is a Dr already at the pharmacy who can write the script is this correct?

      2. If there isn't a Dr at pharmacy what kind of Dr do I go to? IE a hospital Dr?

      3. What is the legality of all this? I presume if I have a prescription its legal? I can get my Australian Dr to write me a letter with dose frequency etc is this recommended?

      1. I don't know about Bali , but in my city (Bandung) you may find few pharmacies where just beside them there is also a clinic with few doctors .

      2. I don't know what kind of doctor is related to your illness , but in 2 of the biggest hospitals in Bandung they have their own pharmacy inside .

      3. I guess bringing a prescription/letter from your Australian doctor will be helpful someway . I don't know if in addition to your Australian doctor prescription/letter you still need a prescription from an Indonesian doctor to buy this medicine .

      I guess that for this type of medicine , the best place to buy it is at big hospitals' pharmacy .

      Comment


      • #4
        [QUOTE=marcus;n853230]


        1. I don't know about Bali , but in my city (Bandung) you may find few pharmacies where just beside them there is also a clinic with few doctors .

        What are the prices like at those big hospital pharmacies say compared to the same as main pharmacy chains? That is especially interesting also because i was in fact thinking of going to bandung also for the reason that it is not so hot there. To change the subject a bit how long have u been there and where do most english speaking foreigners hang out? Are the hotels generally more expensive than about same quality in Kuta, bali ? Are there any hangouts with friendly females( i don't mean to the extreme of taking them to my room but talk only). In general how is life there compared to Kuta or do u really need to speak local language or can one get along well enough with just english?

        Comment


        • #5
          In regards to the poster who suggested Tramadol, I am on to high a dose of Subutex (buprenorphine) for it to translate. To those discussing pricing I did link it to an order page for a pharmacy above in original post, it has pricing and while I can see they seem to have a branch in Jakarta are any in Bali? (I don't know the names of towns etc if someone could possibly have a look?) In any case I'm not cancelling the holiday of a lifetime for a drug.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by HappyAussie View Post
            In regards to the poster who suggested Tramadol, I am on to high a dose of Subutex (buprenorphine) for it to translate. To those discussing pricing I did link it to an order page for a pharmacy above in original post, it has pricing and while I can see they seem to have a branch in Jakarta are any in Bali? (I don't know the names of towns etc if someone could possibly have a look?) In any case I'm not cancelling the holiday of a lifetime for a drug.
            any way to get that link in english or i just want to put 'selegiline' or ' deprenyl' in there in place of where u have buprenorphine .

            Comment


            • #7
              Check out Adi Ghuna farma jl sutoyo denpasar it is the biggest pharmacy in bali , as far as im aware , Good luck !

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dan hayes View Post
                (a) What are the prices like at those big hospital pharmacies say compared to the same as main pharmacy chains? ...

                (b) ... how long have u been there

                (b1) and where do most english speaking foreigners hang out?

                (b2) Are the hotels generally more expensive than about same quality in Kuta, bali ?

                (b3) Are there any hangouts with friendly females ...

                (b4) In general how is life there compared to Kuta or do u really need to speak local language or can one get along well enough with just english?

                (a) I don't know because fortunately I never had the need to compare prices as the most medicines I bought were few coughing herbal syrups from supermarkets .

                I suggested pharmacies of big hospitals because of the reliability and availability .

                (b) Almost 20 years .

                (b1) I don't know about that . Some 15 years ago I heard about a coffee shop in north Jalan Dago (sorry don't remember precisely) where usually English teachers met . I guess there are not many foreigners in Bandung . I see few of them at Setiabudi Supermarket (Jalan Setiabudi cross with Jalan Cipaganti) , a place where people can find imported beef and other few imported food products . You will know better searching the internet .

                (b2) I never went to Bali neither stayed in hotel here in Bandung , so I don't know . As fewer foreigners come to Bandung compared to Bali , I guess you will find it cheaper in Bandung . And as Bandung has many universities , you will also find many student "kos" (where students find cheap-to-expensive rooms/apartments to rent) .

                (b3) If you refer to foreign females , I don't know . The only place I know is "The Center" , where Indonesian students hangout with few American volunteers in order to improve their English skill (only Tuesdays & Thursdays working days from 3PM to 6 PM) .
                How to find The Center : at Jl. Cihampelas , between the Advent Hospital and Ciwalk Shopping Center (going down the street , left side , just after Bank Permata and then Bank BRI , enter a dead-end street where there is a NASA school - the center is almost in front of a dog shop . https://www.instagram.com/the_center_bandung/?hl=en

                (b4) I guess you will need a little of Indonesian language in Bandung .
                Last edited by marcus; 10-07-18, 12:18.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by HappyAussie View Post
                  ... they seem to have a branch in Jakarta are any in Bali? ...

                  They have in Surabaya , not Bali . But Surabaya is nearer to Bali than Jakarta , so delivery fee will be cheaper if you order to Surabaya branch .

                  In general I don't like to buy medicine online (question about if the product is original) and in this case there is another problem : you pay cash , so it is difficult to get the money back if you don't get the product or return the product .
                  Last edited by marcus; 10-07-18, 21:41.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Even went to the suggested hospital pharmacy at BIMC in kuta and they did not even have or ever heard of selegiline and the attendant looked in a book or manual of the index of available in Bali i think and was not even listed and selegiline is not at all a rare medicine - along with common for Parkinson's it's also suggested in most anti-aging societies etc than anyone over 40 years or so should be taking it regularly in any event for preventative and anti-aging(yea controversial) benefits. Also metformin which is more common and DID find that in guardian and kimia though seems the price is like more than 5 or 10 times what i get it for in Philippines. Bottom line seems bring all your medicines from other countries if u are going to need them here in Bali at least as either u may not find them or likely pay a higher price.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      You may have problems bringing in medicines to Indonesia at immigration .

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by tel522 View Post
                        You may have problems bringing in medicines to Indonesia at immigration .
                        They usually don't even check ones luggage. It so happenned they did look thru one of my bags in which i did have many questionable things without any problem regarding that.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by HappyAussie View Post
                          Hi all

                          I am an Australian currently prescribed Subutex but due to it's heavy regulation I take it at a pharmacy supervised daily and can't get a take away script. I am spending a month in Bali soon and need to know the process (and a contact if possible)for a Bali Dr to continue my prescription to this med. http://apotik.medicastore.com/obat/s...ublingual-8-mg I can find this link and it is the only thing I can find online, however while I punch the Indonesian in to google translate and it states a need a Drs prescription I am unsure of a few things:

                          1. Some people tell me there is a Dr already at the pharmacy who can write the script is this correct?

                          2. If there isn't a Dr at pharmacy what kind of Dr do I go to? IE a hospital Dr?

                          3. What is the legality of all this? I presume if I have a prescription its legal? I can get my Australian Dr to write me a letter with dose frequency etc is this recommended?

                          Any help would be super appreciated. Looking forward to any insights as I really can't find anything other than that link online.
                          Thanks for your information it is very helpful.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            What is it exactly that u have that u think it is so important that it must be only Buprenorphine or do you even know ? Don't necessarily believe those doctors and pharmacies etc. which are often very opinionated without good reason. We are not talking about some special agent to cure for example a virus or anything and buprenorphine is nothing special and there are plenty of alternatives and u may likely be spending much more and going to a lot more trouble than u need be. Always best to be your own doctor and do your own research and thinking.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X