X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artificial Inteligency Beats Elite Doctors

from http://www.thejakartapost.com/life/2...mpetition.html , 03 July 2018

[AI defeats elite doctors in diagnosis competition
    ... An artificial intelligence system recorded a 2-0 victory against elite physicians in two rounds of a competition in Beijing to diagnose brain tumors and predict the expansion of brain hematomas, or bruises.
    BioMind, developed by researchers from the AI Research Centre for Neurological Disorders and Capital Medical University, made correct diagnoses in 87% of 225 cases in about 15 minutes.
    A team of 15 doctors from top hospitals across China achieved 66% accuracy in 30 minutes. The AI system also made correct predictions in 83% of brain hematoma expansion cases, outperforming the physicians, who had only 63% accuracy.
    ... It will make proposals to a doctor and help the doctor diagnose," he said. "But it will be the doctor who ultimately decides, as there are a number of factors that a machine cannot take into consideration, such as a patient's state of health and family situation." ...]

From the article above : "... But it will be the doctor who ultimately decides ..." .

In my view , it is the patient and/or his/her family who should ultimately decide .

If still lucid , I will try to learn about my illness (books , internet , ..) in order to decide myself (of course also taking the AI system result & doctors' opinion in consideration) .
    Last edited by marcus; 09-07-18, 11:01.

Comment

Eventually AI will replace all jobs. It's coming, It's been in the works for a number of years but the deciding factor is the cost of labor that it replaces. As wages rise the worker is inching that much closer to getting a pink slip in the not too distant future. I'm glad I'm retiring now and am financially solvent. I feel sorry for all the people who are in their 30's or 20's. Their life is going to be mostly miserable eventually.

Comment

There is no doubt that intelligent machines will more and more take jobs from humans . Just today I saw another example in Bloomberg : "... The only big bank that managed to cut costs also happens to be behind one of the industry’s boldest plans to replace humans with automation. Nordea Bank AB, whose Chief Executive Officer .. says his industry might only have half its current human workforce a decade from now, is cutting 6,000 of those jobs ... with automation and robots taking over from people in everything from asset management to answering calls from retail clients ..." (from https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...a-new-standard) .

In relation to banks , it started long ago with the ATM - Automated Teller Machine , then the internet banking .
        Last edited by marcus; 29-07-18, 23:22.

Comment

Working...
        X