Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical Insurance

Hi

Can anyone give me a contact for good x-patriot healthcare insurance.

Thanks very much

Linzi

hi linz, how is it going?

Comment

Originally posted by Linziband View Post
      Hi

Can anyone give me a contact for good x-patriot healthcare insurance.

Thanks very much

Linzi
      Below are a couple of Agencies from whom I have gotten competitive rates. I currently have a policy through the latter agency with Pacific Cross. I cannot vouch for the quality of the coverage or the claim paying process. In the two years I have been with this company, I have never filed a claim.

[COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Nick M Hayes (Cert PFS)[/FONT][/COLOR]
      [COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Director[/FONT][/COLOR]
      [COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]B.H. Financial Services[/FONT][/COLOR]
      [COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]In association with P.T. Finansindo Manatama Internasional[/FONT][/COLOR]
      [COLOR=black][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][/COLOR]
      [COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Member of the Personal Finance Society (PFS) [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=navy][FONT=Arial][COLOR=#0000ff]www.thepfs.org[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][/COLOR]
      [COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Member of the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=navy][FONT=Arial][COLOR=#0000ff]www.cii.co.uk[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][/COLOR]
      [COLOR=black][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][/COLOR]
      [COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Direct Line : +62 21 7692 595 [/FONT][/COLOR]
      [COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Local Fax : +62 21 765 90 13[/FONT][/COLOR]
      [COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Int Fax : +44 208 711 6140[/FONT][/COLOR]
      [COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Hand Phone : +62 811 88 39 59[/FONT][/COLOR]
      [COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Skype : nickhayes667[/FONT][/COLOR]
      [COLOR=#3366ff][FONT=Arial]Website : [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=navy][COLOR=#3366ff][FONT=Arial]www.bhfinancialservices.com[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue][COLOR=blue][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
      [FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#003399][COLOR=#003399][FONT=Trebuchet MS][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
      [FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=#003399][COLOR=#003399][FONT=Trebuchet MS]PT CAHAYA TRANSFORMASI INDONESIA[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=blue][COLOR=blue][/COLOR][/COLOR]
      [FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=#003399][COLOR=#003399][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Graha Satria II, 3rd Floor[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=blue][COLOR=blue][/COLOR][/COLOR]
      [FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=#003399][COLOR=#003399][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Jl. RS. Fatmawati No. 5[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=blue][COLOR=blue][/COLOR][/COLOR]
      [FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=#003399][COLOR=#003399][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Jakarta[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=#003399][COLOR=#003399][FONT=Trebuchet MS] 12430[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=blue][COLOR=blue][/COLOR][/COLOR]
      [FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=#003399][COLOR=#003399][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Indonesia[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=blue][COLOR=blue][/COLOR][/COLOR]
      [FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=#003399][COLOR=#003399][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Tel. +62 21 750 2814; +62 21 750 2819[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=blue][COLOR=blue][/COLOR][/COLOR]
      [FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=#003399][COLOR=#003399][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Fax. +62 21 751 1749[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=blue][COLOR=blue][/COLOR][/COLOR]
      [FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=#003399][COLOR=#003399][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Email. [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=blue][COLOR=blue][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=#003399][COLOR=#003399][FONT=Trebuchet MS][email protected][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=#003399][COLOR=#003399][FONT=Trebuchet MS] [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=blue][COLOR=blue][/COLOR][/COLOR]
      [FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=#003399][COLOR=#003399][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Website: [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=blue][COLOR=blue][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=#003399][COLOR=#003399][FONT=Trebuchet MS]www.ctibroker.com[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=#003399][COLOR=#003399][FONT=Trebuchet MS] [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=blue][COLOR=blue][/COLOR][/COLOR]
      [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue][COLOR=blue] [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
      [FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=#003399][COLOR=#003399][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Marulam Flexi +62 21 7038 2532[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=blue][COLOR=blue][/COLOR][/COLOR]
      [FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=#003399][COLOR=#003399][FONT=Trebuchet MS]David Flexi +62 21 3293 4833[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Hei linzi..
        here is one more agency for you. I can't vouch for them either, but you can try calling them.

Manulife Financial Indonesia
        Sampoerna Strategic Square,South Tower,3rd floor
        JL. Jend. Sudirman Kav 45
        Jakarta 12930
        Indonesia
        Telp.6221)2555-7788 Ext:4918
        web:www.manulife-indonesia.com
        Michael Hutagalung
        Branch Jakarta Syailendra
        Mobile0858)1364-0240/(0878)7719-4758

Comment

I recommend Pacific Prime Insurance brokers. They draw up a comparison table of options and work with all the largest insurers to find you the right deal. They have a pretty large presence in the Asia Pacific region working with Expat indivuals and companies.
          Cheers,
          F.

Comment

There are many insurance companies and brokers that can help you. I would like to add another that was not mentioned. Try Globalsruance, you can find them on the web and they can help expatriates all over the world on insurance matters. B.

Comment

Manulife insurance is great..I been with them for last 5 years, I am happy with them and their service....its real life saver!!
              Regards STT.
              PS: If typo, blame it on Apple and Samsung!

Comment

There are hundreds of health insurance plans out there and many insurance companies to choose from. Going with a broker like Pacific Prime or Globalsurance can pick from the hundred of insurance companies and find the right plan for you. I myself am looking into this so i replied. JW.

Comment

same boat

I'm also looking for the best option. So far, I might buy Global Health Asia's expat health insurance.

Comment

geez, 7 posts, 4 of them about this stupid health insurance company. are you shilling for them ? guess which company I WILL NOT BE purchasing from.

Why is it that whenever someone has to tell me repeatedly how good their company is I think fraud, crooks, thieves, dishonest ? Perhaps because quality speaks for itself.

Comment

Originally posted by kingwilly View Post
                      geez, 7 posts, 4 of them about this stupid health insurance company. are you shilling for them ? guess which company I WILL NOT BE purchasing from.

Why is it that whenever someone has to tell me repeatedly how good their company is I think fraud, crooks, thieves, dishonest ? Perhaps because quality speaks for itself.
                      Thanks to have (almost) pointed out the spammers. Guess who in this thread are sharing the exact same IP and are posting only on health insurance topic recommending the same company? JWilliamson, Frankh84 and Bhouse69 are just trying to abuse users promoting a bogus company. If Pacific Prime and Globalsurance need to imagine this kind of subterfuge they must be desesperate...
                      Ban is in order.

Comment

Whaddya mean almost ?

Comment

Health Insurance Companies

Linzi,
                          Although there are many insurance companies in Indonesia, only a few insurers are offering a true health insurance for expatriates as expatriate cover should provide worldwide cover (including cashless guaranteeing in case of hospitalizations) and medical evacuation and repatriation program.

Under the Indonesian regulation, an insurer is only recognized in Indonesia as long as it has a legally established business in Indonesia with a minimum paid up capital of IDR 70 billion (I heard they will raize to IDR 100 billion soon). However, expatriate insurers do not see it worth to invest with that much required capital. Instead, they sit behind an Indonesian / established insurer in Indonesia to front for them. These companies are:
                          1) Pacific Cross, a Hong Kong based company (fronted by Asuransi Indrapura)
                          2) Aetna, a US company (fronted by Asuransi Central Asia)
                          3) IHI Denmark, European company (fronted by Asuransi Kurnia)

Insurers that does not have listing under Indonesian government are:
                          1) BUPA
                          2) William Russel
                          3) Interglobal (although Interglobal previously had a presence in Indonesia under Asuransi RAMA, they are no longer represented in Indonesia)

What does it mean with recognition?
                          Those who want to purchase insurance in Indonesia are required to purchase from a company legally recognized in Indonesia. I work for an insurance consultant and everytime we want to place the insurance abroad, we have to show to Ministry of Finance (who oversees Insurance matters) that there was no other option of cover to be found in Indonesia. The reason why the Indonesian government try to implement such regulation is to protect individuals from potential losses in the future incase the insurer does not pay their claim.

We purchase insurance to protect us from future unexpected events. Although we don't plan to get sick, we never know what happens to us in the future. Health insurance premiums are quite high with lowest being $1,400 for a middle aged male. If one of the insurers who are not recognized in Indonesia rejected a claim, then in order to file a suite against them, you will have to go to their origin country (which I would assume with legal cost plus your trips could cost much more than the claim itself, in most cases).

If purchased locally, there is a mediation board that is comprised of senior insurance people who is able to rule on what is right based on the facts of course. It is also wise to use an insurance consultant for your insurance needs as they will be able to assist you in case you need to file a claim or need to follow up for you.

Hope that my advise is helpful to you...

You can send me an email if you need further advise or assitance.

Comment

What is moskhan said is correct about those International providers, but to be more comprehensive about the "recognition" is that only the Indonesian individual or Indonesian legal entity that required to purchase insurance from national providers, however as for Expatriates (individual and entity) are able to purchase the insurance from International providers, but of course they are also able to purchase local insurance (as in the extreme condition about law suit, they can have it settled here through the court). But then again, many expatriates as we know, lost their trust to local doctors and local hospital and they wish to have the treatment abroad (Singapore is most appointed country in south east Asia), and for that reason, local providers' benefits most are not fulfilled the treatment and doctors cost, that is why for expatriates are generally having the International providers.

There are of course, the good and the bad of all medical providers, the same if we use brokers to assist us, some of them just doing their thing in selling the products for whatever they say "match" the clients' requirements or so...and gain leave the clients handling their claims especially when it comes to the quite hassle and complicated ones....

we can not just simply suggest one perfect insurance provider or one perfect broker, as there is none. Insurance is just for some protection for our very unexpected condition or loss, the main guardian is our self. That is why there is so they called a qualified underwriter that underwrites each and every submitted claim to the clients' benefits/policy document and/or original submitted application.

So, guys...it is just a matter of trust issue and convenience....but you never know if you never been tried one...

I have been working with broker company for medical insurance and some general insurance and i have been handling many varied claims, so i am aware of those condition.

PM me for any advice and questions and i will be happy to respond you.

Comment

thy this, they are the best as far as i know their doctors will talk to you even if you have not paid them and are on call 7/24. they dont cost much and will fly you home if you need it or to Singapore as well.

http://www.sosindonesia.com/

http://www.internationalsos.com/en/

the 2nd link maybe what your looking for.
                              Last edited by Donkk; 07-06-12, 13:57.

[COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=book antiqua]Menanti seribu burung di udara, satu di tangan dilepaskan.
                              [/FONT]
                              [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X