Organic Shops in Indonesia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organic Shops in Indonesia

I'm looking for shops that are selling organic food or organic food restaurants.

Do you have any good/bad experience with such shops?
    Where are they - contact details?
    How's they pricing?
    Product quality?

Cheers!

With the lack of advertising, labeling, and retailing integrity here abouts, I would be very skeptical of anything holding itself out to be "organic," even if I knew of a outlet for such. To be certain about the supply chain, you may have to grow your own. Good luck with your search.

Comment

That's true. My understanding is that real organic vegies are grown on land where pesticides, etc, have not been used for several seasons. Here, however, you can claim something as organic if you haven't sprayed anything directly on the crop being sold. I'm sure many people claim their stuff is organic even after using pesticides too! In the wet tropics I believe it's very difficult to have a successful crop without pesticides.

Comment

Originally posted by fluidic View Post
        I'm looking for shops that are selling organic food or organic food restaurants.

How's they pricing?
        Product quality?

Cheers!
        Ranch Market, Megakuningan, near this you'll find another shoh named Healthy Choice (first floor at Bellagio). Just ask around when you are at Ranch Market.
        You can also find some Bio Products at Hero or Food Hall.
        Hope this helps,
        Cheers,

i like products at Healty Choice, the only problem is that you'll not find them always..I'll send you later the addresses of two other Healthy shops in Jakarta
        Last edited by Albany; 25-09-09, 14:22. Reason: smth on the quality

Comment

Albany - thank you so much! Please send me the info!

Waarmstrong & Indo4kids - what you said is very true, which is why it's necessary to get advise! :-)

Comment

hi fluicid,
            i've visited those organic shops, but besides those all, you can also try to go to Gourmet Garage Supermarket (1st floor) , Jalan Kemang Raya, the same building with the restaurant in the same name.
            for local restaurant, i think we have many...
            but
            there's one group, "Warung Daun"..they serve all organic products and yummmy....
            here's the contacts in details..those are in kebayoran baru, south jakarta..i've visited one in pakubuwono..

Warung Daun
            Jl Wolter Monginsidi No 41, Kebayoran Baru, Jakarta Selatan
            Telp (021) 72786138

Warung Daun
            Jl Pakubuwono VI No 19 Kebayoran Baru Telp: (021) 7395454

Warung Daun
            Jl. Cikini Raya No.26, Menteng, Jakarta Pusat
            ( in front of Taman Ismail Marzuki....do you know this area...? )

Nowadays, there're growing numbers in organic plantations and services...I also ever read in local woman magazine, that in west java there is also a wide organic plantation, organized by Romo (Fr.) Agatho Elsener (originally frm.Switzerland)...
            you can also have a visit to his plantation area...

Here's the link to some of organic plantations and their products..
            [COLOR=#810081]http://agribisnis.deptan.go.id/Pustaka/Bab2-03-direktori%20taniorganik.pdf[/COLOR]

Hopefully this helps..

Salam,
            drahman
            [FONT=Georgia][COLOR=blue]fear is where the negative power has a room to grow..so leave it.. [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Organic Farmer:

Mrs.Sylvia can send the order directly to your home..I got this from my friend...

Ibu Sylvia Arief (she speaks English)

Jl. Ibnu Armah I No.5 RT01/04. Pangkalan Jati Baru Pondok Labu Jakarta 12450. Telp. 62 (21) 70368091, Fax: 62 (21) 7658733, she can send to you the list of products..

Minimum order is Rp.100.000 and for further area, there's transportation fee..
              I ever talked to her too...she also sends some of her organic products to Healthy Choice..
              hope this helps...

[FONT=Georgia][COLOR=blue]fear is where the negative power has a room to grow..so leave it.. [/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Drahman2in1 - thanks for the many tips!

Hi Drahman2in1 -

Thanks a lot! I'll check these out!

Hmmm - I'm sure others can also use the information - keep them coming!

Fluidic

Comment

Terima kasih kembali..

Comment

Originally posted by fluidic View Post

How's they pricing?
                    Product quality?

Cheers!
                    ok I removed the link, is your comment about Healthy Choice true? I have a job and I'm not a sales person for that business, I don't read forum rules
                    Last edited by cook13; 07-12-09, 17:45. Reason: kingwilly

Comment

I heard that healthychoiceindonesia are cheating rippoff merchants, is that true? that they are cheaters and spammers ?

Comment

Originally posted by kingwilly View Post
                        I heard that healthychoiceindonesia are cheating rippoff merchants, is that true? that they are cheaters and spammers ?
                        Not that is seriously silly.
                        Spam, apart from being haram, is never in this world a health food.

Comment

There are quite a few in Bali, of course, particularly Ubud, being a destination/residence of many yoga/'healing' types eg Bali Buddha on J. Jembawan, Kafe on J. Hanoman , Nomad on Jalan Raya and Sari Organics up in the rice fields.

There's an organic farmer's market on Sat morn at Pizza Bagus and Wed at ARMA whome of the suppliers there will home deliver. Probably not to Java though.
                          dogs were undoubtedly provided by the gods to keep Bali from perfection. Miguel Covarrubias, 1937.

Comment

Originally posted by Mas Fred View Post
                            Not that is seriously silly.
                            Spam, apart from being haram, is never in this world a health food.

[COLOR=White]healthychoiceindonesia rip off spammers cheaters liars shady business practises healthy choice indonesia dodgy shady not to be trusted liar rippoff scam artists. nigerian cheating scum healthychoiceindonesia[/COLOR]

Comment

if you are looking for imported organic baby food, you can find them here: http://babymunchmart.getshopped.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X