Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dental implants in Jakarta ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dental implants in Jakarta ?

    Hello,

    Anyone has experience with a good dentists for dental implants.

    So far, prices i have been quoted (between Rp15/25 ml) are about the same that in France (and more expensive than some European countries) so it does not make sense to do it here.

    Any good dentist at reasonnable price ?

  • #2
    Good question. I was also shocked at how expensive they are here.

    Comment


    • #3
      Its so expensive. Can you tell me the lowest cost.
      _____________
      Paul


      dental implants
      Last edited by paulfrancisnrs; 07-03-11, 17:13.

      Comment


      • #4
        I've been quoted from 20 million to 2 million for a crown.
        I've found the daft prices tend to be where the expats/richest people live.
        Same goes for the stupid house prices and everything else.
        They know the 'marks' don't shop around. While ever people are daft enough to pay the price, they'll happily rip you off.

        Comment


        • #5
          My wife was considering doing, but since only one tooth she decided against it under the advice of our dentist.
          I would trust our dentist, DR Lucy, 0215702526, give her a call
          [FONT=Verdana]As a stranger give it welcome.
          There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
          Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
          [/FONT]

          Comment


          • #6
            This price exist because there are still people who do not shop around ...
            For 15-20 mil for an implant is crazy, carzy ......

            For this price I will do it abroas, I even could find it cheaper .....


            Originally posted by Mas Fred View Post
            I've been quoted from 20 million to 2 million for a crown.
            I've found the daft prices tend to be where the expats/richest people live.
            Same goes for the stupid house prices and everything else.
            They know the 'marks' don't shop around. While ever people are daft enough to pay the price, they'll happily rip you off.

            Comment


            • #7
              For your information, I got quoted 15 ml at International SOS clinic (best price I got) for an dental implant which is a serious clinic for expats and strangely 25 ml at Pondok Indah hospital and around 20/25 ml at various dentists in town.

              Comment


              • #8
                How many teeth are you talking about ?,
                IS it just one or a few.
                The local people is defenitely not going to pay 15-20mil for 1 tooth. Some people will earn that money for a year ...
                Unfortunately I could not give more information as I am currently not in Indonesia.

                There are a lot of dentists in Indonesia could do implant nowadays, different though 3-4 years ago.
                Have you tried in Surabaya ?? Ask local people ??


                Originally posted by Captain View Post
                For your information, I got quoted 15 ml at International SOS clinic (best price I got) for an dental implant which is a serious clinic for expats and strangely 25 ml at Pondok Indah hospital and around 20/25 ml at various dentists in town.

                Comment


                • #9
                  It is for 1 teeth but I doubt most local people (except wealthy ones) use implants as it expensive anyway. Surely they use crowns or bridges but implants is a surgery which can not be performed by most dentists and there are often implants specialists.
                  It is a bit risky
                  http://www.docshop.com/education/dental/general-dentistry/dental-implants/risks
                  It is never cheap and price in Indonesia is about the same than in Europe but... honestly speaking I would better trust an European dentist/doctor and if something goes wrong, their responsability can be more easily involved and they have insurance to cover any profesionnal mistake they could make.
                  I checked the price with about 10 dentists and it is always between 15ml to 25 ml.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    What about fillings and crowns. What is the price of them at a reasonable dentist

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I agree implant is specialist thing and not every dentist coud perform this job. But I have heard that there are already reasonable number of dentists in Indonesia could do dental implant. Even in a smaller city like Makassar.

                      They put the price 25mill because they know that you are a foreigner and probably they taught you are willing to pay for that price. They definitely do not offer those price to Indonesian People ....
                      A lot of people in Indonesia are earning 25 million rupiahs or less for a year ....

                      For 25 mill you will be better off if you are doing it in europe. Even better if you do it in former eastern european in the cities like Warsaw or Prague, or Budapest. It will cost you less than half ...

                      See here for instance:
                      In Budapest You could get Implant for 379.00 which equate to about 6million a quarter to what you would have paid in Jakarta
                      http://www.tibordental.co.uk/?gclid=...Fcod4QodJTglAg

                      Poland, Czech republic, Hungary are EU countries so they have the same standard with other EU countires such as in Germany, UK France, Italy, etc.

                      If you want to do it in the UK in a reasonaly good clinic (based on people reference) is another example, you could do it for 995 which equate to about 15mill

                      http://www.brightonimplantclinic.co....FQoZ4Qodbhns_Q
                      You could watch their promotional video here
                      http://www.brightonimplantclinic.co.uk/video8.php

                      After watching this video and their facility and their professionalisn I fully believe many people are not going to pay 25 million for dental implant in the indonesian clinics ...

                      So 25 million is ridiculous ... ridiculous ... ridiculous ... I am shaking my head .......
                      This is also really unfair as they apply double standards. I have seen some over price health clinics in Indonesia are using western standard when come to pricing but when come to paying their staffs they are using inferior Indonesian Salaries....

                      Sometimes I could not understand the way the Indonesian people put price .......
                      This is not just in the health care even for flat/apartment, etc ...

                      I fully believe even an exteremely wealthy Indonesian People are not going to pay for those price.
                      For this price they will do it in Singapore, Australia or Hong Kong .....


                      Originally posted by Captain View Post
                      It is for 1 teeth but I doubt most local people (except wealthy ones) use implants as it expensive anyway. Surely they use crowns or bridges but implants is a surgery which can not be performed by most dentists and there are often implants specialists.
                      It is a bit risky
                      http://www.docshop.com/education/dental/general-dentistry/dental-implants/risks
                      It is never cheap and price in Indonesia is about the same than in Europe but... honestly speaking I would better trust an European dentist/doctor and if something goes wrong, their responsability can be more easily involved and they have insurance to cover any profesionnal mistake they could make.
                      I checked the price with about 10 dentists and it is always between 15ml to 25 ml.
                      Last edited by adindas; 10-03-11, 03:17.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        What kind of implant you need?(what's your case?) I can ask around for the price to a trustworthy dentist who works in Jakarta & Bandung at the moment.
                        [COLOR=#c0c0c0]Been away for quite a while and I'm back for more. Today I feel like having : taco de lengua & jalapeno poppers[/COLOR]

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by SundayMonday View Post
                          What kind of implant you need?(what's your case?) I can ask around for the price to a trustworthy dentist who works in Jakarta & Bandung at the moment.
                          Many thanks but it is Ok, I will check prices in Europe.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Jaesto View Post
                            What about fillings and crowns. What is the price of them at a reasonable dentist
                            An hour ago I attended the dentist that I recommended on another thread, whose surgery is in Permata Hijau.
                            I have just had 2 lower teeth prepared for crowns and am sporting temps for a week.
                            The cost is Rp.3,000,000 and I got 10% discount.

                            I enquired about implants, not that I'm having any, and he said they were around Rp. 17-18J. This is due to the implant material coming from the USA. He doesn't do the actual implants but recommends a surgeon that does. He prepares and finishes the subsequent crowns or bridges.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I think the high price is due to the rare or expensive cost of the material to be used and there are only few specialist available, besides it's not covered by insurance. As here in Japan, I spent nearly 2 million yen already (around 200 jt rupiah) only for maintaining my teeth. One time surgery cost 150 ribu yen (15 jt rupiah), plus one crown for one tooth 50 ribu yen ( 5 juta rupiah). So it is not because of Bule patient or Indonesian patient, I think.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X