Moving to live in Central/South Jakarta Mar/Apr 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to live in Central/South Jakarta Mar/Apr 21

My Irish partner and I (orig. UK) currently live in Australia and his work is reassigning him for a 1 - 2 year assignment based out of the Centennial Tower, Lantai 29, Unit D-F, Jl. Gatot Subroto No.Kav. 24-25, Jakarta, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12930, Indonesia. I am wanting to do some research prior to moving, so have a couple of questions:

1. We would prefer to find a fully furnished apartment within a 20 minute walk of the Centennial Tower - what online websites would you suggest I look at, to get an idea of the kind of accommodation options that are available in this area?

2. I need to take nerve pain medication called Lyrica/Pregabalin. Am I able to get this in Jakarta? Is it an over the counter product or will I need to find a doctor? If I need a doctor, any suggestions for a local one?

3. Is online supermarket shopping available? If so can you suggest some sites that I can look at? What are the names of good supermarkets locally? I wont need the posh European or Expat kinds - but I do want to stay as Covid safe as possible.

4. How do people cope with maintaining their overseas Sim/SMS number and also having an Indonesian phone number? I have an iphone X, will I need to purchase an Indonesian phone or can I use dual Sim n my Australian phone? The phone is not locked into any particular provider.

5. How do people cope with the water? Do you simply buy bottled water or is there some kind of filter system that you can invest in?

Thank you in advance for all your help xx

Originally posted by CharlieW View Post
    1. ... what online websites would you suggest ...

2. I need to take nerve pain medication called Lyrica/Pregabalin. Am I able to get this in Jakarta?
    2.1 Is it an over the counter product or will I need to find a doctor?
    2.2 If I need a doctor, any suggestions for a local one?

3. Is online supermarket shopping available? If so can you suggest some sites that I can look at?
    3.1 What are the names of good supermarkets locally? ...

4. How do people cope with maintaining their overseas Sim/SMS number and also having an Indonesian phone number?
    4.1 ... will I need to purchase an Indonesian phone or can I use dual Sim n my Australian phone? ...

5. ... Do you simply buy bottled water or is there some kind of filter system that you can invest in?

1. I have no suggestion . See some of them below .

2. I am almost sure you can find Pregabalin , but it is not listed at https://www.mims.com/indonesia , so it looks like it is not available through the pharmaceutical companies . I would suggest you to bring it with you . If you need to buy in Jakarta , go to the farmacy inside big hospitals . In last case you will find it in online shopping platforms (search "jual Pregabalin") .

2.1. Probably you don't need a doctor .

2.2. I have no suggestion , but you can go to big hospitals or online doctors .

3. Most of the online shopping platforms sell supermarket products (see list below) , but specifically pereshibles , I buy in normal supermarkets .

3.1. See this link : https://www.expat.or.id/info/supermarkets.html

4. I guess you can pay your overseas phone plan through internet banking , can't you ? Next time I go to my home country I will maintain active my Indonesian SIM by paying through an Indonesian online shopping platform .

4.1. Probably you can just add a new Indonesian SIM card in your phone . You may need to buy another phone if , for example , your phone is not compatible with the Indonesian 4G frequencies .

5. Most people (including the Indonesians) just buy bottled water (mineral water) . But water filter is also available . At home most of us use 18 liters' bottle of mineral water (the most expensive brand cost only around US$1.5 per 18 liters , the water only - the bottle is reused) .

--------------------------------------------------

For renting online :
    www.sewa-apartemen.net
    jendela360.com
    www.rumah.com
    mamikos.com
    www.rumah123.com
    www.traveloka.com
    www.lamudi.co.id
    rumah.trovit.co.id
    www.travelio.com
    www.sewa-apartemen.com
    rumah.mitula.co.id
    www.olx.co.id
    rumahdijual.com
    www.99.co
    www.flokq.com
    spacestock.com
    rumahdijual.com
    www.situsproperti.com
    www.apartemen123.com
    www.jakarta-apartment.net

-----------------------------------------------

Online Shopping :
    www.shopee.co.id
    www.bukalapak.com
    www.tokopedia.com
    www.lazada.co.id
    www.blibli.com
    www.mataharimall.com

------------------------------------------------

4G Frequencies used in Indonesia :

B1 , B3 , B8 (2'100 , 1'800 , 900 MHz)

B5 & B40 (850 & 2'300 MHz)
    Last edited by marcus; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Regarding:

#2 - if you submit a medical inquiry via our sister site I will forward it to our medical adviser for a response that will be sent direct to you - https://www.expat.or.id/contactinfo.php

#5 - more information on water here - https://www.expat.or.id/info/bottledwater.html

Good luck in your preparations!
      Danielle Surkatty
      Member of the Organizing Committee
      Living in Indonesia, A Site for Expatriates
      https://www.expat.or.id/

Living in Indonesia Expat Forum
      Webmaster
      http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.org/

Comment

Greetings! Hello Charlie, I (by owner) do have one unit apartment in SCBD area. It will take around 20 to 30mins walk depending how fast you walk to your office building. If you're interested, please email me for more detail: [email protected]. I will share the video & photos and other information in great details. Hope to find your email soon! Cheers! 

Comment

Working...
        X