Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internship or working in Yogyakarta?

Hey everyone!
    My name is Martin and I live in Germany.
    I am prett much connected to Indonesia, especially Java since my girlfriend is Javanese (living in Jogja).

I always dreamed of spending more time in or around Jogja (even living there) so I plan to find work there for at least some month but it seems to be harder than I thought.
    I'm open for doing an internship or maybe working in a company where I can be useful. I'm able to use bahasa Indonesia (and a little boso jowo) good enough for daily conversations and my English skills are good enough I guess. I did a German "Ausbildung" in the logistics sector and I am experienced in purchase and sales as well since I've always been working in these areas here in Germany after my Ausbildung.

Now I wonder if der would be any need for a German in or around Jogja.. Unfortunately I can not find any companies where I could apply.

Maybe someone in this forum has some interesting suggestions for me?

Thank you so much!

Martin , the Indonesian Worl Law allows only foreign experts to legally work here (an this include internship in my view) . By foreign experts the Work Regulation defines as foreigners with a diploma + minimum 5 years of work experience related to this diploma . Non compliance with this is considered a crime (up to 5 years in jail + up to Rp500 million fine) .

There are only 3 exceptions for the above for (but with restrictions) :
    - young Australians coming to Indonesia with a "Work & Holiday" Visa , and
    - foreigners married with Indonesians holding KITAS or KITAP sponsored by the spouse , and
    - foreigners holding ex-Indonesian KITAP .

--------------------------------------

UU no.13 , year 2003
    CHAPTER VIII - EMPLOYMENT OF FOREIGN WORKER
    Article 42
    (1) Every employer that employs foreign worker is under an obligation to obtain written permission from Minister (Work Permit folowed by Work Visa/KITAS) .
    (2) An employer who is an individual person is prohibited from employing foreign worker.

--------------------------------------

PerMen no.10 Tahun 2018
    Article 5
    A foreign worker must :
    a. have education diploma that is related to the qualifications required for the work position ;
    b. have a competency certificate or have work experience of at least 5 years related to the qualifications required for the work position ;
    c. transfer his/her expertise to a designated Indonesian worker;
    d. have an Indonesian Tax Registration Number if to work for more than 6 months; and
    e. have Work Visa/e-ITAS/KITAS issued by the Indonesian Immigration Department .

-------------------------------------

UU no.6 Tahun 2011
    Article 122
    Shall be punished with imprisonment of up to five (5) years and fined at most Rp500.000.000 (five hundred million rupiah):
    a. any foreigner who deliberately misuse or engage in activities not in accordance with the intent and purpose of his/her Visa/Stay Permit/e-ITAS/KITAS ;
    b. any person who ordered or provide opportunity for the foreigner to misuse or engage in activities inconsistent with intent or purpose of the Visa/Stay Permit/e-ITAS/KITAS given to the foreigner.

Comment

Working...
    X