Selling a house in Jakarta

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling a house in Jakarta

My wife is Indonesian, and we are selling her house in South Jakarta. Does anyone know a reliable agent?

Where is the house located in South Jakarta? The location and value of the house can make a difference in marketing decisions, including the agent/agency used.

Comment

Hi, thanks for your response. The house is in Cinere and the value is 1.3billion Rupiah

Comment

Cinere is not far from our Pasar Rebo neighborhood, but I don't have any real estate contacts for your area. My relatives generally have use a do-it-yourself strategy that begins with a large "Rumah Dijuel" sign on the gate with a phone number. A sign usually generates more offers to help than actual potential buyer. In either case its a lower cost but often successful method, especially if you are not in a big hurry.

Comment

Talking about what Waarmstrong said above , here in my Bandung it is also very common to sell a house that way . I bough my house 13 years ago through neighbors' information . When I first came to Bandung before the year 2000 , there was none of these real estate agents like ERA , Century 21 , ... We rented houses through some ladies working informally .

I guess nowadays this practice is still alive (plus the internet advertising) probably because it is cheaper than hiring the professional agents .
          Last edited by marcus; 10-09-18, 12:07.

Comment

Thanks for your input guys. We have posted online and put a big sign on the front. We have had small response and none serious so far, so I thought I would try something else. We will see how it goes.

Comment

I've had good experience with selling property on OLX. I suggest you look into it and try to do it yourself before asking an agent, as for some people agents are a put-off. Most people prefer to deal with the house owner in person, as agents do tend to drive up the price quite a bit!

Comment

Thank you Miss Cox, I will try OLX.

Comment

Working...
                X