Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temporary place to work

All,
    I will need to return to Indonesia early December for about 2-3 weeks (depending how long it take) to renew my MERP but I will have to remain working while I'm there.

Is there any place where I can stay online ? most of my work use online conference / Webex and I will have my virtual phone with me so basically I need place where I can get a good internet service. I prefer to have wired connection with good banwidth for webex to avoid any disconnect, space with booth will be better to reduce the background noise while im on the call.

My friend suggest me to use warnet but i'm not sure if i can disconnect their LAN cable to connect it to my laptop so I can VPN in to my office.

I live in Bogor but traveling to Jakarta will not be an issue beside my work hour will be Chicago time (appx 9pm-5am).

Any advice will be greatly appreciated !

Bonaldi

Originally posted by kresnanto View Post
    All,
    I will need to return to Indonesia early December for about 2-3 weeks (depending how long it take) to renew my MERP but I will have to remain working while I'm there.

Is there any place where I can stay online ? most of my work use online conference / Webex and I will have my virtual phone with me so basically I need place where I can get a good internet service. I prefer to have wired connection with good banwidth for webex to avoid any disconnect, space with booth will be better to reduce the background noise while im on the call.

My friend suggest me to use warnet but i'm not sure if i can disconnect their LAN cable to connect it to my laptop so I can VPN in to my office.

I live in Bogor but traveling to Jakarta will not be an issue beside my work hour will be Chicago time (appx 9pm-5am).

Any advice will be greatly appreciated !

Bonaldi
    Hi,

Here below the place which may suit based on your requirement.
    https://id.techinasia.com/daftar-cow...arta-indonesia

Comment

I will need to return to Indonesia .. for about 2-3 weeks (depending how long it take) to renew my MERP ...

I think 1 week is enough for that .

I guess it is not even necessary for you to come to Indonesia . Maybe you could just send your passport + other required documents to somebody who could take care of that for you (then send your passport back to you) . This supposing you don't need to come to Indonesia anyway because of the 1 year KITAP limit .

Comment

Hi Marcus,
        I was think the same since my wife will return to Indonesia about the same time, maybe I should just let her take my passport and renew it.

However, I'm stuck with the law below because I will be out of Indonesia for more than 1 year if I let my wife do that for me. Do you think immigration really know if I've been out for more than 1 year ?

"UU no.6 , year 2011
        Pasal 62
        (1) Izin Tinggal Tetap dapat berakhir karena pemegang Izin Tinggal Tetap / The KITAP will be cancelled if the KITAP holder :
        a. meninggalkan Wilayah Indonesia lebih dari 1 (satu) tahun atau tidak bermaksud masuk lagi ke Wilayah Indonesia / Leave Indonesia and doesn't return within one year ;

Originally posted by marcus View Post

I think 1 week is enough for that .

I guess it is not even necessary for you to come to Indonesia . Maybe you could just send your passport + other required documents to somebody who could take care of that for you (then send your passport back to you) . This supposing you don't need to come to Indonesia anyway because of the 1 year KITAP limit .

Comment

... Do you think immigration really know if I've been out for more than 1 year ?...

I don't know , never heard of somebody losing the KITAP because of that .

Comment

Did you ever hear anyone with KITAP/KITAS stay outside of Indonesia for more than a year ?

Comment

No , I never heard .

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post
                No , I never heard .
                So there is an unknown risk to any KITAP holder there and I definitely won't try to be out more than 1 year and risking it

Comment

Hi Marcus,
                  I was think the same since my wife will return to Indonesia about the same time, maybe I should just let her take my passport and renew it.

However, I'm stuck with the law below because I will be out of Indonesia for more than 1 year if I let my wife do that for me. Do you think immigration really know if I've been out for more than 1 year ?

"UU no.6 , year 2011
                  Pasal 62
                  (1) Izin Tinggal Tetap dapat berakhir karena pemegang Izin Tinggal Tetap / The KITAP will be cancelled if the KITAP holder :
                  a. meninggalkan Wilayah Indonesia lebih dari 1 (satu) tahun atau tidak bermaksud masuk lagi ke Wilayah Indonesia / Leave Indonesia and doesn't return within one year ;

Hello Bonaldi,

Yes, upon your arrival at any port of entry in Indonesia with immigration officers it will be immediately know how long you have been out of Indonesia when the immigration officers see the visa stamps in your passport and they cross-check your data with the national immigration database.

Sincerely,

Andy
                  [COLOR=#0000ff]"The earth is one country and mankind its citizens."
                  What if we begin to view each other as part of one human family?[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                  X