Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping to Jakarta questions

Hi there,

I have just moved to Jakarta with my partner. We will need to ship additional boxes to Jakarta from Australia as we couldnt get everything sorted with airline baggage allowance. One company i've gotten in touch with will ship them to Soekarno Hatta airport, but we will have to pick them up from the airport cargo terminal. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with picking up shipping from the airport, such as:

Are you likely to be charged import taxes etc (just clothes books etc)
    Do they notify you when the boxes arrive?
    How long do they hold the boxes?
    Is it a difficult process (bureaucracy, finding the right place to go to etc)

Terima kasih,

Barry

I don't know . Maybe you could ask an International Moving company based in Jakarta to take care of the bureaucracy and deliver the boxes at your home . You can search for Moving &Storage Services at www.yellowpages.co.id , or search the internet for : jasa pindahan international , or similar . If necessary , translate at Google Translate .

http://www.expat.or.id/info/movelegaldocs.html (about shipment to Indonesia)

https://www.santaferelo.com/contact (Santa Fe Relocation Services - Jakarta)

Comment

Thanks Marcus, seems like we have a lot more work to do than I first thought...

Comment

Hi Barry, Better go for door-to-door service. I had once picked up some sovenier at the Soekarno Hatta Airport, It will be one of your worst experience, as nothing is mentioned clear. It is in a huge godown area near Terminal 1.

There are few things that you need to know before hand ;

1. Bring the proof of shipment provided to you by the shipping company. Along with your passport as Identity proof.
        2. Distance from the nearest car parking to the actual cargo storage area is around 400meters - 700 meters.
        3. You need to walk thru the security post and need to find your cargo location based on the shipment company informations.
        4. Only the person who is the recipient will be allowed to enter the cargo area others can wait in the car and you need to submit your Identity card at the security post.
        5. You will be charged for the storage of your goods, based on the area covered by it and hours was stored there.
        6. You need to carry your stuff from the storage location to your car, without any trollies. Though you can take help of potters available there, whom you need to pay.

Hope it helps.

Comment

Terima kasih Ken. I think you are correct door to door service is best and worth the extra money. I can only imagine what fun you must have had picking stuff up at the airport....

Comment

Working...
          X