Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enquiry for Joint Compound for Drywall/Gypsum

Hi Forum members,

I have volunteered to repair my in-laws house. The house is leaking near the garden and had damaged the drywall/gypsum ceiling and drywall sliding due to the leak and poor construction methods. I have removed some of the gypsum and found where the water is coming from.

Does anyone where I can find drywall/gypsum joint compound or topping compound?

I know the local carpenters uses plaster. I do not want to use plaster because it takes a long time to dry. I need to mud and tape the drywall.

Also, I know Ace Hardware sells joint compound, but I need around 5 gallons of joint compound.

Any recommendations to the above would be highly grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Depo Bangunan or Mitra10.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I am familiar with these stores, but do you know the name for joint compound in Bahasa Indonesia and if these store sells joint compound or topping compound?
      Last edited by JavaSatu; 06-06-16, 18:14.

Comment

Originally posted by JavaSatu View Post
        Thanks for your reply. I am familiar with these stores, but do you know the name for joint compound in Bahasa Indonesia and if these store sells joint compound or topping compound?
        Joint compound, we call it "compound" (pronounced more like "kompon").
        Top compound, we call it "plamir"(pronounced like "plameer") or "plamur" (pronounced like "plamoor").
        http://www.usgboral.com/content/usgc...acompound.html
        http://www.usgboral.com/content/usgc...bodetabek.html

hth & good luck with the renovation.

Comment

Hi merahputih,

Thanks for the information. This is exactly what I am looking for. Seems that the products are not ready-mixed and I need to mixed the compound myself; no big deal, I just need more preparation and time to mix.

Comment

Working...
          X