purchase of second hand car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Davita View Post
    .A KTP is an Indonesian I.D. card not normally issued to a foreigner but available by request (KTP Asing)
    For the record a KTP is mandatory for Indonesian and ALL resident in Indonesia. It's not only available by request for the last group. It is compulsory. Temporary resident (ITAS holder) get issued a SKTT while permanent resident (ITAP holder) get issued a KTP OA

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis View Post
      For the record a KTP is mandatory for Indonesian and ALL resident in Indonesia. It's not only available by request for the last group. It is compulsory. Temporary resident (ITAS holder) get issued a SKTT while permanent resident (ITAP holder) get issued a KTP OA

oh ok
      thank you
      very much

so I should request one
      save on a future headache
      “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”

Comment

[QUOTE=jason206;485591]
        Originally posted by Bintang15 View Post

When I was shopping around for a motorbike, I learned that if the plate is registered in another city, then I would have to renew the annual registration (STNK) in that other city. For example, if you bought that car with B plates and moved to Bali, you'd still have to renew the STNK once a year in JKT. I found a couple bikes that were great but had Jakarta or Bogor plates, so I decided to wait and stick to a D plate.

It's also kind of a pain to change the name on the registration, well maybe not too difficult, but more expensive. I was told it costs about the annual registration fee X5, so if the STNK says 300,000 then it would cost about 1.5jt. You should consider this when negotiating price with the previous owner, and usually I think they will be happy to have it out of their name. Really though the registered name is kind of irrelevant; all that matters if the police check the STNK is that it's up-to-date, meaning you've paid. I eventually found a good bike with a D plate along with valid and up-to-date STNK and BPKB. The owners said I could keep it in their name and they'd be happy to help when it came time to renew the STNK, but their phone number no longer worked when the time came (coincidence?). Luckily, it was easy enough to renew the STNK anyway. I just had a friend of a friend who has a friend at the licensing office (apparently it's easy to find these people) do it for me for an extra 100k.

I'm no expert on this, so someone correct me if my information is wrong. The rules might be different since I was only told about the rules with motorbikes, though I assume it's similar for cars.
        Hi jason,

to change ownership name in BPKB (car/motorbike ownership book) for the used car/motorbike, its about 75%-80% of the annual road tax. + other fees...
        if you change the ownership name in BPKB within 2 month of expired annual tax date, then usually the new owner also has to renew annual road tax at the same time.

Best Regards,

Comment

Working...
        X