purchase of second hand car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• purchase of second hand car

I was reading about new cars the purchases and how dealers have exclusive area rights my question is

if I buy a second hand car privately say in Jakarta

then decided to move say to Bali can I get that cars plates changed to Bali or is it not allowed

why I ask is there was a merc for sale in south Jakarta and the owner contacted me today its still for sale
    I dont want to waste the owners time or mine if I decided to move say somewhere else
    I want to be assured that I can re rego there car in the new province

thanks peoples
    “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”

You can reregister it, but it's a pain. I see lots of B plates in Bali, so it seems they don't enforce stuff too much.
    Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

Originally posted by Bintang15 View Post
      I was reading about new cars the purchases and how dealers have exclusive area rights my question is

if I buy a second hand car privately say in Jakarta

then decided to move say to Bali can I get that cars plates changed to Bali or is it not allowed

why I ask is there was a merc for sale in south Jakarta and the owner contacted me today its still for sale
      I dont want to waste the owners time or mine if I decided to move say somewhere else
      I want to be assured that I can re rego there car in the new province

thanks peoples
      Hi Bintang,

yes, you can buy used car with jakarta License plate and use the car in other provinces/Bali...

like Jaime said, to process the process of reregister the car license plate from jakarta to other province, can be a pain. best use reputable "Biro Jasa"

So, better keep the Jakarta License plates, it is very easy to sell car with jakarta license plate in other provinces.

Comment

[QUOTE=fransgg;485523]Hi Bintang,

yes, you can buy used car with jakarta License plate and use the car in other provinces/Bali...

like Jaime said, to process the process of reregister the car license plate from jakarta to other province, can be a pain. best use reputable "Biro Jasa"

so guys if I can like repeat you guys cos I'm a think head hihihi
        I can buy this car used it in Jakarta when and if I decided to move just keep driving it
        but how about when it comes it to re new the registration on plate tax if I'm living in Bali its ok to go to the local place and do it or I have to go back to Jakarta and pay the tax what about insurance then guys

"Biro Jasa"= agent ya
        “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”

Comment

[QUOTE=Bintang15;485548]
          Originally posted by fransgg View Post
          Hi Bintang,

so guys if I can like repeat you guys cos I'm a think head hihihi
          I can buy this car used it in Jakarta when and if I decided to move just keep driving it
          but how about when it comes it to re new the registration on plate tax if I'm living in Bali its ok to go to the local place and do it or I have to go back to Jakarta and pay the tax what about insurance then guys

"Biro Jasa"= agent ya
          When I was shopping around for a motorbike, I learned that if the plate is registered in another city, then I would have to renew the annual registration (STNK) in that other city. For example, if you bought that car with B plates and moved to Bali, you'd still have to renew the STNK once a year in JKT. I found a couple bikes that were great but had Jakarta or Bogor plates, so I decided to wait and stick to a D plate.

It's also kind of a pain to change the name on the registration, well maybe not too difficult, but more expensive. I was told it costs about the annual registration fee X5, so if the STNK says 300,000 then it would cost about 1.5jt. You should consider this when negotiating price with the previous owner, and usually I think they will be happy to have it out of their name. Really though the registered name is kind of irrelevant; all that matters if the police check the STNK is that it's up-to-date, meaning you've paid. I eventually found a good bike with a D plate along with valid and up-to-date STNK and BPKB. The owners said I could keep it in their name and they'd be happy to help when it came time to renew the STNK, but their phone number no longer worked when the time came (coincidence?). Luckily, it was easy enough to renew the STNK anyway. I just had a friend of a friend who has a friend at the licensing office (apparently it's easy to find these people) do it for me for an extra 100k.

I'm no expert on this, so someone correct me if my information is wrong. The rules might be different since I was only told about the rules with motorbikes, though I assume it's similar for cars.

Comment

[QUOTE=jason206;485591][QUOTE=Bintang15;485548]

When I was shopping around for a motorbike, I learned that if the plate is registered in another city, then I would have to renew the annual registration (STNK) in that other city. For example, if you bought that car with B plates and moved to Bali, you'd still have to renew the STNK once a year in JKT. I found a couple bikes that were great but had Jakarta or Bogor plates, so I decided to wait and stick to a D plate.

everything in indo just gets a little getting used to
            the place works opposite the west

but hay that's life and you guys and gals are opening my eyes to a lot
            for this I'm grateful learning is the key knowledge is freedom

thank you all

Comment

To add to the discussion - yes you can move to Bali from Jakarta to Bali (for example) and get the car "replated" but the vehicle has to be less than 10 years old. If not it cant be done. I found this out when I moved to Bali with a B plated BMW - After weighing up the pros and cons I decided not to bother as the paperwork was just too much of a pain in the arse. I eventually let the registration slide after a couple of years of using an agent to renew the STNK in Jakarta, when I sold the car it was unregistered for 2 years and on a B plate - still sold within 48 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by ScooterIndo View Post
                To add to the discussion - yes you can move to Bali from Jakarta to Bali (for example) and get the car "replated" but the vehicle has to be less than 10 years old. If not it cant be done. I found this out when I moved to Bali with a B plated BMW - After weighing up the pros and cons I decided not to bother as the paperwork was just too much of a pain in the arse. I eventually let the registration slide after a couple of years of using an agent to renew the STNK in Jakarta, when I sold the car it was unregistered for 2 years and on a B plate - still sold within 48 hours.
                thanks heaps
                the age of the car I didn't know but seems to be important
                it is hard to find a trust worthy car dealer here who deals in second hand cars
                save the headaches
                there seems to be no warranty or org. like NRMA to do reports on road worthiness
                plus the humidity seems to play a huge roll on the cars in indo
                so maybe playing it safe would be just to buy a new car and receive warranty and extras
                again thanks guys

Comment

Be careful...if you do not have a Balinese KTP you may not be allowed to buy a new car in Bali...better check with the dealers. It is the same when you try to re-register a Jakarta car in Bali...better check if they will allow if no Bali KTP.

Comment

Originally posted by Davita View Post
                    Be careful...if you do not have a Balinese KTP you may not be allowed to buy a new car in Bali...better check with the dealers. It is the same when you try to re-register a Jakarta car in Bali...better check if they will allow if no Bali KTP.
                    on the chance I may sound like a di..head what is a ktp please
                    guys Bali was just an example really

I was thinking of Bandung
                    the governor there seems to be great family area parks saving the planet
                    very forward thinking people person building a community of families ( my son in mind )

Comment

on the chance I may sound like a di..head what is a ktp please
                      guys Bali was just an example really

I was thinking of Bandung
                      the governor there seems to be great family area parks saving the planet
                      very forward thinking people person building a community of families ( my son in mind )
                      can a company have KTP ????

Comment

2. can a company have KTP ????
                        1. My post #9 was only relating to Bali.

2. Negative...A KTP is an Indonesian I.D. card not normally issued to a foreigner but available by request (KTP Asing)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indonesian_identity_card

Comment

1. My post #9 was only relating to Bali.

2. Negative...A KTP is an Indonesian I.D. card not normally issued to a foreigner but available by request (KTP Asing)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indonesian_identity_card
                          ok so its worth me getting one KTP Asing different from a kitas

Comment

ok so its worth me getting one KTP Asing different from a kitas
                            It is different from a Kitas but not necessary for you to have one as the Kitas is your I.D.

Comment

It is different from a Kitas but not necessary for you to have one as the Kitas is your I.D.
                              ok thank you very much

different areas it seems have different rules ya provinces

Comment

Working...
                              X