Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most profitable items to export to UK for resale?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most profitable items to export to UK for resale?

Hi,

I've just found this forum as I am visiting Bali from Scotland, for the first time next week, and considering shipping a container load of furniture back to UK for resale.

As I have been sourcing suppliers online, and plan to fly to Java whilst over there, it struck me that I should ask the question......are there any other products that show good profit in the UK market.

Thanks for any pointers on this.

Originally posted by pinkiescot View Post
    Hi,

I've just found this forum as I am visiting Bali from Scotland, for the first time next week, and considering shipping a container load of furniture back to UK for resale.

As I have been sourcing suppliers online, and plan to fly to Java whilst over there, it struck me that I should ask the question......are there any other products that show good profit in the UK market.

Welkome to the forum pinkiescot...from another Scot but not sure I'm a Pinkie.
    Furniture is made in Bali and the best will be the intrically carved wood. Better furniture, and probaly cheaper, and in a variety of shapes etc. will come from Jepara in East Java.
    Bata shoes sell all types and are modern and well made for the fashion market and a deal with managemeent on a consignment will privide discount. A favorit export is the plastic rattan couches and chairs...with fluff back cushions. Can be used outside or inside. Balinese unique shell and semi-precious necklaces are also popular and can easily be returned if not sold....or simply gifted.

Comment

Hi Davita,

Thanks so much for that. Actually all the things I have been looking at, so good to have confirmation on that.

Can anyone recommend a sourcer for products in Jepara? I have the names of a couple of factories I would like to visit, but really want to work with someone who can take care of my order for me and ensure quality/shipment.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi My Local Gal works for a Dutch Furniture exporter they have a shop Elements in Kemang if you want to connect I am [COLOR=#000000][FONT=HelveticaNeue-Light]Peter R Fowler Jakarta Indonesia H..P: +62-812-8390-7113 /Whatsapp reason1id@yahoo.com

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Hi pinkiescot,

You could PM me if you need more info furniture exporter from jepara.

Thanks,

Comment

I'd imagine good quality batik clothes for men and women. The scarfs too!

I have a contact that buys from Java and bring it to her city back in Sumatera that may be able to help you if you prefer.

Comment

Hello,

There is some items are salable in UK. Rattan furniture and seasheell lighting. I am in Cirebon, the main location for these items. Please whatsapp me +628122987001 if you need more information.

Comment

Originally posted by Chilled. View Post

I have a contact that buys from Java and bring it to her city back in Sumatera that may be able to help you if you prefer.
                That would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkiescot View Post
                  Hi,

How about Batik Tulis Madura... It's modern pattern (flora and coral of the sea). You can't contact us to see fabric of Batik

Comment

Originally posted by Chilled. View Post

Yup. Batik clothes from east java just different with batik from middle java (solo, jogja).

Comment

Before considering exporting anything you must know your customer base.  What will they want and how much will they pay for it.  What age group are you targeting.  Are they home owners or renters.  There is so much to know before you invest in the wrong items, only to find they have become your own personal possessions for the remainder of your life.  I exported from Asia for over 40 years, some items very successful some not.  Without a very clear vision of your customer you will increase the chances of losing lots of money foolishly.

Comment

Working...
                      X