Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expat accommodation in south jakarta

Hello,

I visited Jak for the first time last week as a "look see" trip pending a secondment in July. I preferred the British school however compounds in Bintaro and amenities seemed a bit thin. I am not looking for a free standing house but instead a cluster; something like Atamaya residence in Cilandak. We also looked at JIS and found Pondok Indak to have only houses.

Ultimately we ended up in Cilandak and Kemang and looked at Astoria Residence, Executive Paradise, Atamaya Residence, The Abbey, Heritage 58 etc. did we miss anything?

Seems like Australia school would make sense from Kemang? What is the travel time to the British school and JIS from Kemang?

Any other advise? All will help!!

Regards,
    Alan (South Africa)

Surprised you didn't see any apartment complexes in Pondok Indah - there definitely are some. Bukit Golf is the one that springs to mind - I think this is their website:

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=verdana]http://www.golfhillapartment.com

[/FONT][/COLOR]Another obvious one is Hotel Kristal, which offers furnished apartments for long-term stay in addition to short-term hotel stays. http://www.hotelkristal.com

I suspect there are others as well.

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately an apartment will not be appropriate as we have two young boys that need some space and a private pool.

We are looking for a townhouse type of environment. I did not find any in those areas except for free standing houses in boomed suburbs.

Comment

For close proximity to BIS the easiest option that meets your criteria is Country Woods. A lot of the teachers at BIS live there.

http://countrywoods.co.id/

Comment

Originally posted by aorchard View Post
          Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately an apartment will not be appropriate as we have two young boys that need some space and a private pool.

We are looking for a townhouse type of environment. I did not find any in those areas except for free standing houses in boomed suburbs.
          Sorry, I didn't read carefully enough. I'm sure you have good reasons for your preferences and I hope you find what you want. Having said that, I am a bit curious as to why you are opposed to a "free-standing house." We're now on our 5th house in Jakarta, having lived in Menteng, Kebayoran Baru, Pejatan Barat, and Pondok Indah. It's all been great.

Comment

Thank you Aidy! Any idea of the travel time or distance to BIS?

Comment

Thank you Puspawarna. Can you send me street addresses of the homes?

Comment

Thank you Puspawarna. Can you send me street addresses of the homes?
                LOL, no - I'm talking about 5 houses since 1994, and I don't remember all the addresses. The two in Menteng were on Jl. Sawo and Jl. Pasuran; Jl. Hang Tuah IX in Kebayoran Baru; Jl. Timbul in Pejaten Barat; and now we live on Jl. Duta Indah I in Pondok Indah. No complaints about any of them, except that there was unpleasant trash burning that wafted nasty-smelling unhealthy plasticky smoke through the Pejatan house every so often, and I didn't appreciate that. Loved the house, though - it was beautiful.

Comment

Anyone have an idea of the approximate rent amounts in Country Woods estate? Their office is closed.

Comment

Is anyone aware of expat type accommodation (in addition to Country Woods) close to British school in Bintaro?

Comment

Is anyone aware of expat type accommodation (in addition to Country Woods) close to British school in Bintaro?
                      What do you mean by expat type? I'm curious because there are many houses with good facilities etc around Bintaro or BSD which is close to BIS - 20 minutes drive or so, but what do you mean exactly?

I believe Country Woods is around $1500 per month, but you can get a lot better with for less....

Comment

Hi,

I am looking for an estate or compound with area for children to play. Houses are also an option. Can you please point me in the right direction close to BIS? I will work near Tangerang.

Comment

Hi,

I am looking for an estate or compound with area for children to play. Houses are also an option. Can you please point me in the right direction close to BIS? I will work near Tangerang.
                          It depends on your budget as well, but try The Green in BSD. Close to Tangerang and 25-35 mins to BIS. Houses of all sizes, prices, with a greta pool and gym in club house. Wide roads, jogging track, loads of trees and 24hr security, yet close to some big malls and the toll road is 3 mins away.

Comment

Hi,

Hi there,

It is so coincidence I found your message and my house is available for rent in this July.

My house is very close to BIS, it is indeed located in the same area :-)

You can read the profile of my house in this website:

http://exclusive-house-for-rent.blog...-in-south.html

[COLOR=#333333]You can see that my house is in a townhouse with a gated complex. It is a safe area for children to play. Kids can be biking in the neighborhood without need to worry of traffic. The benefit of my house is also situated in a cul-de-sac where no traffic go through so the road in front of our house can also be their play ground.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]There is no much house at cul-de-sac nowadays.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]You can streetview my house and the neighborhood through google: [/COLOR][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#000000]http://tinyurl.com/puri-juwita-8[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#000000]Go around with google streetview to see the actual neighborhood. My complex is very green to be honest. It does have its own park.

ps: to enter my complex is strictly with a magnetic card only for security reason.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Hi, is it still available? I will be in Jak toward the end of the month for a visit.

Comment

Working...
                              X