Booking international flights online

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mister Bule View Post
    One way. "Pulang pergi" for that price would be crazy low. The lowest fares I have personally seen otherwise (Texas to Indonesia) have been at least 700 USD one way.

I normally have paid around 850 USD for one way tickets from SAT to KUL (economy, of course).

Naturally, the lowest fares are usually for itineraries with long transit times etc. I have done 12 + hour transit in Hong Kong a couple of times in the last three years just to save a couple hundred USD. Fortunately, this one was relatively tight (less than two hours at MSP, about two at Tokyo, about five at Changi).
    You realize that round trip tickets are sometimes cheaper than one way tickets? It always pays to check.

I've seen some really good fares the last year, mostly AA/JL, UA/NH and DL/KE/GA. The transpac flghts are usually on the American carrier, and further flights on the Asian carrier. While some might have long transits, I've seen many with normal 1.5-4 hour transits.
    Last edited by Jaime C; 09-03-16, 22:28.
    Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

Originally posted by jason206 View Post
      I always liked EVA Air. My experiences were hassle-free with convenient flight times and connections, and also good pricing. They have great deals for round trips if you're starting in the US with JKT as your destination, but unfortunately if you're coming from Indonesia the prices are much higher.

The usual round trip price from Seattle was always about $1200, though it would be about $2000 during Christmas and some summer months. The last time I flew with them was a one-way SEA>JKT for only $550. I just did a quick search and found that their prices for round trip SEA>JKT>SEA next fall are only $784... Round trip! However, if you search the same dates JKT>SEA>JKT, it's Rp 21,200,000 or about $1600. Not so convenient now that I'm on this side of the lake.

This price difference might be a recent development. When I spoke to their customer care, they said that within the past year, they implemented a new policy that all their flights from Indonesia will now be priced with IDR only, but like I said, their currency conversion rate seemed to be fair. I'm not sure if there's a connection between the two or not, but it seems rather odd.
      If I assume correctly by your handle name, Seattle is your usual final destination...good for you. As for me, after a long 18 hours flight (JKT-TPE-SEA), and having to wait another three hours for my connecting flight to PDX (plus another hour trip), I have to say I'm tempted to just rent a car and step on it!! .

Comment

Originally posted by Banana72 View Post
        If I assume correctly by your handle name, Seattle is your usual final destination...good for you. As for me, after a long 18 hours flight (JKT-TPE-SEA), and having to wait another three hours for my connecting flight to PDX (plus another hour trip), I have to say I'm tempted to just rent a car and step on it!! .
        Yeah I'm not envious! I thought it was odd that your last flight was Seattle to Portland. Just far enough that it's worth it to wait but annoying as hell. Might be better to just rent the car and return it in Oregon the next day. I'm glad that this time I'll only be coming from Korea with a layover in SF. There might be many multi-city trips home in my future if this one goes well. 18+ hours is a lot for a smoker who's too tall for (but can only afford) economy class.

Comment

If you're still looking for your round trip flight back home, please email me with all the details to my email: [email protected]

Comment

Working...
          X