Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Private person offering Transport service hold a special licence?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Private person offering Transport service hold a special licence?

Hi folks i found a person offering Transport service for traveling around Java , just being a tad careful i guess but it was online here And newbie. Should he hold a special lic.? Should i ask for refrance? Dont Want to offend what seems to be a great find , gr8 english ect ect . Thanks in advance folks. Off to explore Java

You're probably lucky if they even have a license or insurance.
    Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

A special license?

Comment

i think its small chance if he has special licence, because its common here if you have car or motorcycle you can offer people for transport.. for example the people who offer you transport with their motorcycle in the street -> ojek. and my grandfather do the same with his car, he has a driver and people can use his car & the driver if they wanna go somewhere..

one think for sure is you have to be careful
        [FONT=Tahoma]for my part i know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream...[/FONT]

Comment

If you worry about that, I suggest you to use any official travel agent or you can use 'Golden Bird' as well, 'Golden bird' is one of 'Bluebird Group company', it's car rental official service with a driver in Indonesia, you can browse here http://www.bluebirdgroup.com and it's gently reliable.
          Macarena Macarena baila baila ela ela Macarena Macarena all night long!

Comment

Anyone can drive you but that doesn't make them a driver. Check out their experience, type of vehicle they want to drive you in (a Toyota Kijang would be fine but a Suzuki API would be underpowered) if they are legit they will be happy to provide answers to all your questions ask about their company insurance as well in the event of an accident.

Comment

Originally posted by ScooterIndo View Post
              Anyone can drive you but that doesn't make them a driver. Check out their experience, type of vehicle they want to drive you in (a Toyota Kijang would be fine but a Suzuki API would be underpowered) if they are legit they will be happy to provide answers to all your questions ask about their company insurance as well in the event of an accident.
              Good advice. I don't know for sure, but I would guess that "special license" is really a business license. Freelancers don't bother with that in most countries.

Comment

impressive questions, learn a lot

Comment

Make sure you ask for seat belts - if that's important to you. They're regularly not standard and absent!
                  Things happen for a reason...

Comment

Working...
                  X