Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triathlon

Hi,
    I'm looking at moving to Jakarta (Tangerang) and wondering if anyone knows if there is a triathlon community around? Mostly interested in knowing the ability to get out for long rides, condition of roads, safety etc and some long runs. Are there good hilly rides that are easy to get to and safe in terms of cars?

Would love to hear from anyone who can help.

Thanks

Triathlon buddies are very active. https://www.facebook.com/groups/triathlon.buddies/
    For cycling Sentul is a popular area.
    The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everyone else.

Comment

There is many Triathletes in the Jakarta Free Spirit Running club mentioned by Puspawarna earlier, best to drop a mail there and ask for contacts. When living in Jakarta you will have to spend lots of training on treadmill, roles and small pools.

Comment

You may joint Indorunners group. It is the largest running club in Indonesia. You can dig more information from the club. Many of it's member are also doing triathlon. The website is [COLOR=#006621]www.indorunners.org.[/COLOR]

Comment

Yup, Triathlon Buddies is pretty active. I know some of them and can hook you up with them.
          Sometime they also cycle in BSD it is very near to Tangerang.
          I am a cyclist also and BSD is pretty nice for roadbike and for mountain bike you can also ride in taman kota in BSD.
          Maybe we will have a chance to cycle together in BSD

Comment

Check tri-buddies in Facebook. Sentul area is most used for training...from bike, trail and even the uphill and downhill training. I won't recommend the car free day since its getting too crowded.

Comment

Originally posted by jeanroule View Post
              There is many Triathletes in the Jakarta Free Spirit Running club mentioned by Puspawarna earlier, best to drop a mail there and ask for contacts. When living in Jakarta you will have to spend lots of training on treadmill, roles and small pools.
              Well not really, once you know the right people you don't have to spend training on treadmills. There are many places that you can train. Trichick; you may want to check the Tangerang Crazy Runners ( they are really crazy, some of them are triathletes ), you can check Jalur Pipa Gas in BSD for some trail run and cycling. Sentul of course the most popular. For open water training, simply go to Pulau Seribu ( the Tribuddies usually know )

Comment

Hi, I am moving to Jakarta in May 2015 and will work in tengarang too but I am not hoping to live there....
                However wld be nice to know if anyone triathlon training around there. Any chance u still in that area?

jacqui
                Last edited by Jacquelynne Tan; 08-04-15, 09:57.

Comment

Hi ..am moving to Jakarta in May 2015. Am looking for Tri club to continue my training. Am only a sprint triathlete and am social in the sport so hoping to have a friendly social vs super hard core Ironman Tri group.. Any suggestions? Also love to get recommendations on expat accomodation with a lap pool and nice area to live with cafes.. I work in tengarang west Jakarta but dun want to live there... Open to advice pls. Thks in advance fellow expats! Jacqui

Comment

Originally posted by Jacquelynne Tan View Post
                    Hi ..am moving to Jakarta in May 2015. Am looking for Tri club to continue my training. Am only a sprint triathlete and am social in the sport so hoping to have a friendly social vs super hard core Ironman Tri group.. Any suggestions? Also love to get recommendations on expat accomodation with a lap pool and nice area to live with cafes.. I work in tengarang west Jakarta but dun want to live there... Open to advice pls. Thks in advance fellow expats! Jacqui
                    Not sure if you will ever make it up to North Jakarta, but if you do and want to go for a nice traffic free and relatively smogless run, try Ancol park. There is an old golf course that has been converted to a park with asphalt trails that loop around the park. You can also run along the boardwalk that stretches along the coastline there. Best to go morning time before crowds build up. I think you can run about 10k or so within the park. If you want to do interval workouts, there is a 400 meter track very near Katedral in central Jakarta. Its dirt but pretty well maintained and easier on the legs than the asphalt track at Gelora Bung Karno. For trail runs, you should head south of the city to Sentul. I still haven't explored that area yet, but Ive seen some posts about it being a nice area to run (or mountain bike). Anyway, I didn't really answer your question about a club, but at least you have some ideas of where to train while you seek out a group to train with.

Comment

HI, anyone knows of any cycling group in Jkt that cycle on weekends?

Comment

Theres a lot of cyclists on the streets of Central Jakarta on Sunday morning (never thought I'd type that), you're bound to make some friends there.
                        Vengeance is mine; I will repay.

Comment

Working...
                        X