Robot Vacuum Cleaner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robot Vacuum Cleaner

Anyone use robot vacuum cleaner? Which brand do you use? Is it good?
    I've browsed, but I only found reviews on brands that I don't think available in Jakarta.

Thanks!

Used the iRobot Roomba in Singapore. Always had to keep the floor clear of obstacles and it was not really compatible with pets. Haven't seen one here.
    [FONT=arial black]
    [/FONT]

Comment

Thanks, jstar!
      Ok, obstacle free...checked. No pets...checked.
      Did you buy the Roomba in Singapore? Does it work well as your expectation? Here, quite a long time ago, the first robot that I saw is Electrolux Trilobite. Then I saw Karcher. But I haven't seen them again, or I just didn't notice them. I'll look again for them soon.

Comment

Ace hardware sells a robot vacuum but not sure how good they are

Comment

Yes, I saw the Karcher at Ace. They still sell it? It was 3 million at that time, while Electrolux sold theirs around 10 (*gasp) if I'm not mistaken...

Comment

Don't expect anything mechanical from Ace to last too long.

Comment

Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
              Your right there Warmie, its the last place I go now to buy anything Mechanical, there return policy is none existent, so buyer beware

Comment

Noted, waarmstrong & Anglian. Thanks!

Comment

Doesn't that just apply to the actual ACE brand and not to brands such as Karcher, Nilfisk or Black & Decker which tend to be quite good?
                  "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
                  George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Maybe problems are most noted with the Ace Krisbow brand, Lantern, but I am wondering if Ace stores are infected with gremlins who come out at night and mess with the mechanical wares.

Comment

I haven't seen Kärcher at ACE though, perhaps there is a mixup with Krisbow since that brand is also often yellow. The blue Nilfisk equipment they have are amazingly expensive. There is Kärcher for sale in Lindeteves (LTC) and Kenari btw. And in the Glodok stores they sell quite some Electrolux. Don't know about vacuum robots.

Never had problems with the 'good' brands sold at ACE, bought a Metabo sander that was even cheaper than in Europe and which does the job well.

About the robot vacuum; you need a model which has an auto return to the docking station to recharge, is sucks to do that manually or even to replace the batteries.
                      [FONT=arial black]
                      [/FONT]

Comment

Robovac 1 : ...nahh we just open the doors and let the rats in for an hour...they soon clear off though when they realise the pickings are pretty slim.....bit disconcerting though when they come back and bring their own pizza....but at least they share!

Robovac 2 : Just a thought....woulda thought hiring a good housemaid a couple of days a week would be cheaper AND probably more efficient....

Re Ace Hardware...nothing but good experience including kitting out an Electrical Commissioning Team with hand tools and electrical goods, drills, grinders etc. particularly pleased with the socket sets, the black Vinadium ones...the beauty was speed, we needed to mobilise at very short notice and we could go around picking stuff off the displays...must admit they got annoyed when we tried to sneak a few items into our pockets....but heyyyyyyyy accidents happen....no ...no probs with own brands etc.
                        [COLOR=#4b0082].......I write for a living ....and live to write[/COLOR]...

Comment

Originally posted by jstar View Post
                          About the robot vacuum; you need a model which has an auto return to the docking station to recharge, is sucks to do that manually or even to replace the batteries.
                          If you get a Indonesian knock-off, it will probably go out for a smoke on the way back to the docking station.

Comment

If you get a Indonesian knock-off, it will probably go out for a smoke on the way back to the docking station.
                            ........and want to renegotiate cost after a month on duty
                            [COLOR=#4b0082].......I write for a living ....and live to write[/COLOR]...

Comment

I bought 2 lamps for exterior lighting, didnt last a week, 2 shower hose, didnt last two long, one of those spinner mop things, lasted about 3 weeks, if I want any electrical gadgets I go to the main Krisbo shop, no problems so far with their stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X