International Phone service

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Phone service

Hi Everyone, I work via my computer while in Indonesia and have to call back to the US a lot via my cell does anyone know of a reliable phone service that is cheap making calls from Indonesia to the US ....someone told me its already cheap if I have an Indonesian cell phone to call US is about 10 cents a minute is this true ? it cost me now $3.99 per minute call the US from my US cell number it is getting expensive as I pay the bill not the company...It is a medical staffing company so service must be dependable. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you

http://www.livinginindonesiaforum.or...for-cheap-call

Comment

Why not use Skype to phone? Super cheap and easy.

Comment

Even better, if you have Vonage app, it's free. I have it for my Ipad, not sure if it's for other smart phone or such. Also, GMail has an app you can install in you browser, where you can also get free calls.

I used Skype in the past (and had the unlimited to USA plan), but free beats that.
        Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

Thank you everyone .....I knew if I asked here I would find the answer....my last phone bill was over $500 can't afford to keep paying that so this is great help....

Comment

I've been using Skype since 2006. Where have you been?

Comment

@Jamie I am a medical staffing coordinator I have over 100 medical facilities such as hospitals , doctors office , nursing home I staff daily..I have over 370 employees ....When a hospital is short staffed they want to just pick up a phone from wherever they are in the hospital and call me ...then I have to search the availability of my employees some Skype most do not..so Skype is not a good option for my type of business

Comment

Originally posted by Melody View Post
                @Jamie I am a medical staffing coordinator I have over 100 medical facilities such as hospitals , doctors office , nursing home I staff daily..I have over 370 employees ....When a hospital is short staffed they want to just pick up a phone from wherever they are in the hospital and call me ...then I have to search the availability of my employees some Skype most do not..so Skype is not a good option for my type of business
                I don't think you understand. Skype can be used a number of ways. Free Skype to Skype calls, an unlimited package that allows you to call a country (USA, Canada, etc) for say $6 a month, a per minute price, to US is 2.3 cpm, I think.

How do they call you in Indonesia? Normally a local number that forwards a Skype-In number would be cheapest, but other companies could be cheaper.

I got rid of my US fax number and switched to getting it through an email service.

Comment

@ Jamie .....is there a reason you switched to vontage instead of Skype.. Just talked to Skype not to compare to Vontage not sure how any of this truly works LOL technology is not my strong suit...LOL don't need a fax while in Indo do you like Vontage....I think they have a unlimited calling plan I make about 25 calls to the US each day and I receive on average 10 incoming calls from the US each day....The office forwards the calls to my local phone number and I answer get there manpower order then start calling employees to fill the needs....so need to keep my current local number just not sure how to set this all up....I am back in the US but will be back in Indonesia on Sept 18th and need to be up and ready to work on the 20th thanks for all the help....

Comment

Vonage seems to work fine. I'm using it on my iPad, and it's free to call to the US, so that's better than 2.3 cents per minute. Quality might be better with Vonage, too, but best to have a couple of ways to call the US.

You can also install Google Voice on your laptop. I have a local US number, and I get an email when someone leaves a message. I also have my normal number send me an email when a message comes in.

In 2006 I tried to have my US phone calls directed to me when abroad. The time lag was too much then. I haven't tried since.

Comment

Thanks Jamie...I also will be living in Bandung...I am calling Vonage today to get the details .....need to have this set up before I leave. I appreciate your time in helping me with this

Comment

Another satisfied Forum customer.

Comment

@waarmstrong You are correct I am always very satisfied at the info I get here very helpful and saves a ton of time and so far the info I have received here is 100% correct ....love this site.....thanks again to all

Comment

Use VOIP Magicjack.

Comment

Originally posted by Melody View Post
                              Thanks Jamie...I also will be living in Bandung...I am calling Vonage today to get the details .....need to have this set up before I leave. I appreciate your time in helping me with this
                              No, no, no, no, no.

You want FREE. If you call them up, they'll try to get you to sign up for their $25-$30 a month plan. I use the iPhone (iPad app) app, and it's totally free to US and Canada. I'd guess they probably have an app for other devices and phones.

Their normal plan that they hawk in the US all the time, I think sets you up with a "box" of some sort that you connect to a high speed internet. 5-6 years ago, it was ok, but now, too many free options.

Comment

Working...
                              X