English speaking church

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• English speaking church

Can anyone recommend any English speaking church in South Jakarta?

One with large youth program is highly desired.

thanks

go to IES ( international english service ) .... it's in Pondok indah area, menara citibank ( wait.. i think they move to kemang area if not mistaken)
    they have great youth program. I'll let you know later when i get more info.. - i go to the one in UOB building ...
    dont judge a book by it cover. judge it by it price. good books are expensive

Comment

There're many english speaking church in Jakarta, like JPCC, ICWS, Potters House Ministry, Jakarta Int'l Baptist Church, Tiberias Ministry, GBI City Tower and etc but for the location you're looking for Just check IES Church South Jakarta.

It stand for International English Service Church.

Freely to search on google for the website and find out the address

Be fruitful and God Bless!
      [FONT=Verdana]Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom. -[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]Aristotle -[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]
      [/FONT][FONT=Verdana]
      [/FONT]

Comment

If you're Catholic you may go to saint theresia church near sarinah every saturday at 4PM

Comment

Yes, mentioning a denomination would be handy...

Originally posted by bangrossi View Post
          If you're Catholic you may go to saint theresia church near sarinah every saturday at 4PM
          Not sure about the Saturday service, but on Sunday the English mass is at 11.30. Come early, because the church is always completely packed and the Menteng streets around are very chaotic at that time.
          [FONT=arial black]
          [/FONT]

Comment

Jstar, the saturday afternoon one is not so bad. Only the heat that is unbearable.

We prefer the Sunday 11.30 one or the Sunday evening one in Kanisius. It's far more quiet in the evening.
            [COLOR=black]
            [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by naughtygab View Post
              go to IES ( international english service ) .... it's in Pondok indah area, menara citibank ( wait.. i think they move to kemang area if not mistaken)
              they have great youth program. I'll let you know later when i get more info.. - i go to the one in UOB building ...
              haha I've just started going there too and loving it
              according to the latest leaflet it's still in menara citibank

Comment

Come to All Saints Anglican Church at 10:30 am every Sunday at Don Bosco School, Jalan Duta, Pondok Indah, South Jakarta. It is a very contemporary service with great band and expository preaching from the Bible. We have Sunday School for all ages and mostly expats are members. I am the pastor of this congregation, I am an Australian and have previously served in Northern Nigeria for a total of 18 years and Australia for 15 years.

Comment

Originally posted by alanwood View Post
                  Come to All Saints Anglican Church at 10:30 am every Sunday at Don Bosco School, Jalan Duta, Pondok Indah, South Jakarta. It is a very contemporary service with great band and expository preaching from the Bible. We have Sunday School for all ages and mostly expats are members. I am the pastor of this congregation, I am an Australian and have previously served in Northern Nigeria for a total of 18 years and Australia for 15 years.
                  I thought Don Bosco was super conservative? That's not a criticism, I'm just trying to wrap my head around the idea of "contemporary" and "conservative" religious worship occurring simultaneously. Unless "contemporary" means well-scrubbed teens swaying as they sing soft Christian rock tunes about chastity - then I guess the two concepts can be matched up. Or maybe I'm mixing Don Bosco up with something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Puspawarna View Post
                    I thought Don Bosco was super conservative? That's not a criticism, I'm just trying to wrap my head around the idea of "contemporary" and "conservative" religious worship occurring simultaneously. Unless "contemporary" means well-scrubbed teens swaying as they sing soft Christian rock tunes about chastity - then I guess the two concepts can be matched up. Or maybe I'm mixing Don Bosco up with something else.
                    Seen these sort of southern Baptist type American kids on TV always makes me feel grateful that my parents aren't religious

Comment

Originally posted by ScooterIndo View Post
                      Seen these sort of southern Baptist type American kids on TV always makes me feel grateful that my parents aren't religious
                      I have some funny/scary/bawdy stories about that phenomenon I can share if we ever get together for a beer

Comment

I love the American idea of evangelical religion - God loves you - Send $25 dollars and he will love you even more.
                        I am trying to remember the name of that bible bashing idiot that got caught with the hooker, and he went on TV crying about how the devil "made him do it" and everyone should be careful as the devil is "so bad" he can even tempt a preacher man into sin. What shocked me the most was his congregation actually believed him and forgave him. However the second time he was caught with another hooker in a similar situation he tried the same shit again. However by this time they had all wised up and fucked him off.

The whole concept is summed up perfectly by one of my favorite bands, who, when they toured the southern states of the US would face protests by fanatical Christian groups outraged by the song "personal Jesus" it was also banned on certain radio stations in the south and those that did dare play it receive a backlash of complaints............but I digress.

Comment

Originally posted by Puspawarna View Post
                          I have some funny/scary/bawdy stories about that phenomenon I can share if we ever get together for a beer
                          You + me + Alcohol .....................Could get messy Cant wait

Comment

Originally posted by ScooterIndo View Post
                            Excellent song. Makes me want to ... lift a receiver.

Comment

Working...
                            X