Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birthday party gift for a 1 year old girl - Muslim Family

Hi all,

I have been invited to a birthday party, by a Muslim family celebrating their daughter turning 1.

Does anyone have any idea what an appropriate gift would be?

Thanks.

u can give like doll or teddy bear

Comment

books and toys that suit to her age.
      Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

I would suggest educational toys, as I have noticed that these are lacking in most families here.
        [COLOR=#ff0000]Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds[/COLOR]. Albert Einstein

Comment

what a stupid post - its a one year old kid why is there the reference to being a muslim ??? what difference does that make just buy her what you would buy any other 1 year old

Comment

Take it easy ScooterIndo. Maybe the OP is a non-Muslim who was asking on the chance that there was something special, peculiar to Islam, that was given to a child on its first birthday.

Comment

I agree with JM and believe that the OP was willing to ask if there is/was anything specific in muslim tradition.

As a matter of fact, the first birthday of a kid where I live is a really BIG deal involving a huge and costly party. A special acara would be conducted for any 1 year old kid, involving religion and tradition. If the family isn't specially wealthy, no toys would be offered, but an envelop would be given to the parents. If you would come up with a toy and without an envelop, it would be weird. Better than a toy, where I live and still if the family isn't wealthy, clothes or shoes would be much more welcomed.

Toys would do ONLY with more wealthy families. This is valid to the place I live and I don't know if it would be valid in say Jakarta or anywhere else in Indonesia.

Comment

Don't know about Jakarta but around where I live (Purwakarta), 1st birthdays are usually somewhere inbetween any other birthday and a big deal. I think usually the "appropriate" gifts are in direct relation to the wealth (or perceived wealth, but that's a story for another post) of the parents, and generally you can't go wrong with clothes, shoes, and small toys I think.

Then again my experiences are a bit biased since my kid's been the one on the receiving end of things so...
                sigpic
                bassist, perl ninja, random stranger

Comment

it's not a stupid q i guess. i know some moslem families who refused to get barbie doll since it's connected to US and most of her clothes are too open ...you may laugh, but it happened

for a 1 year old girl, a plush toy would be appropriate enough, or some accesories for her hair like funny hats, or hats with flowers
                  a mini school bag for her stuffs so when she travels she could bring her own bag ( for fun of course )
                  mini chair and mini table for her to draw ( made of plastic with no sharp edges )
                  or coloring stuffs ( markers, non toxic) that can be washed easily from the walls .
                  dont judge a book by it cover. judge it by it price. good books are expensive

Comment

Wooden blocks are good for kids and appropriate for her age.

Comment

I would recommend a baby monitor
                      That's the best thing for a small baby and for the parents. The best thing is, it checks heartrate all the time. Being a parent, I know how it is important to make sure that your baby is OK

Comment

The kid is 7 years old now; I suppose a baby monitor could be useful, but with much diminished urgency and utility.

Comment

Working...
                        X