No announcement yet.

Dear "Recapcha":

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife usually buys them at a warung ponsel; I don't think we have ever even seen an actual "Tri" store that I can recall. She just bought the "always on" paket (card) for my new phone.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Warden: "What we got here ... is failure to communicate."

The Dude: "Oh yeah? Well that's just, like, your opinion, man."[/FONT]

Comment

Back when I was using Tri cards, I went to their store because my usual warung hookup no longer carried 10 GB, which I would buy for 120k, and the other warungs wanted 140k. I thought it would be 120k or even a bit cheaper at the store, but I was wrong. They looked at me like I was crazy and they hadn't seen a customer enter the store in ages. They gave me some confusing reason why they didn't have any, and I mean any, SIM cards and wouldn't have more for an unspecified amount of time. They also showed me their price list just in case they did restock in the future.... One 10GB card was 270k!!! What the hell?? She suggested I just go to BEC or a warung. I asked where those sellers buy their cards from and why it's so much cheaper than at the actual store. All she could say was that it's "too complicated to explain."

I'm pretty sure there's some black market mafia shit going on. At least that's what I like to think.

Comment

I think I am starting to develop a kind of "Stockholm syndrome" bond with "Reka" ...

Comment

Seriously ... multiple (many) times within one session (login) ... yeesh.

Comment

Got the capcha thing a few minutes ago when registering. I am on a Jakarta day trip and it seems that the server disapproves it. Anyway dealing with the capcha was quite fun in fact.

I failed the first question! It was something like "tick all the pics with a street sign", which is a pretty stupid and unfair question to ask to someone living in a country where there are only few and even fewer people who respect them or know their meaning.

Got right at the second question which was about recognizing palm trees. This one had a lot more meaning. I really need to talk to paman for him to suppress the irrelevant questions. We can't be disqualified for not recognizing street signs, can we?

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis View Post
              Got the capcha thing a few minutes ago when registering. I am on a Jakarta day trip and it seems that the server disapproves it. Anyway dealing with the capcha was quite fun in fact.

I failed the first question! It was something like "tick all the pics with a street sign", which is a pretty stupid and unfair question to ask to someone living in a country where there are only few and even fewer people who respect them or know their meaning.

Got right at the second question which was about recognizing palm trees. This one had a lot more meaning. I really need to talk to paman for him to suppress the irrelevant questions. We can't be disqualified for not recognizing street signs, can we?
              Given my significant experience with "Reka", I have noticed the keyword is occasionally one which might be unfamiliar and confusing to users who are not native speakers of English (not referring to Atlantis here, I am pretty sure he knows the meaning of "street sign" and suspect he was simply a bit lazy in taking the test ). This does seem a touch unfair if failure to complete the test properly could block someone from accessing the site ...

Tip: usually there are three images which should be ticked for the correct response, occasionally four.

Comment

I think it was last week I put up with this recapcha crap for 3 days in a row, all is fine now but back then every time I tried to go go back to "what's new"I had to identify the buses or leisure vehicles or mountains or what fucken ever..... sometimes I think maybe I am a robot, either that or a human experiment.
                The answer is 42 .... any questions? .

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis View Post
                  ... I failed the first question! ...

I sometimes fail 3 times in a row . And face this everyday , sometimes 2 or 3 times per session .

Comment

This made me giggle! The super-mod being locked out of his own forum!!!

Comment

I get this popping up almost every time I open the forum..once or twice- air enough. But I am beyond bored of it now.
                      So I will be using the forum much less folks.
                      Been nice knowing you all xx
                      Cicak Magnet

Comment

Originally posted by bad_azz View Post
                        I get this popping up almost every time I open the forum..once or twice- air enough. But I am beyond bored of it now.
                        So I will be using the forum much less folks.
                        Been nice knowing you all xx
                        I had the same problem when using certain mobile internet providers. If you have a vpn, and log in with it, sometimes it eliminates the captcha.
                        Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

Ok, I think I have it sussed now... haha, no pop ups from the dreaded recapcha thingy for 2 days...
                          I changed my network name & password for the xl hotspot thingy on my phone... in tech speak I reconfigured it (I think) and it hasn't attacked me again...
                          or then again it could just be that recapcha has taken a holiday or decided to target some other user... hahaha

It had got to a point where it was sodding ridiculous and popped up every time I wanted to send a message, answer a post, refresh a page etc- but only in this forum.
                          Cicak Magnet

Comment

Working...
                          X