Dear "Recapcha":

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear "Recapcha":

Post your messages (Valentines?) for Recapcha here ...

Dear "Recapcha",

No, I am NOT a robot. Perhaps jumping repeatedly through the hoop of "selecting all pictures with images of buttholes in them" would be more interesting for me if I were?

And as an afterthought ... if "we" still can't make robots smart enough to do simple visual puzzles correctly, where are "we" as a society? I would think even the North Koreans would be on top of this one.

Sincerely,

MB
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Warden: "What we got here ... is failure to communicate."

The Dude: "Oh yeah? Well that's just, like, your opinion, man."[/FONT]

"OOps, you did it again...
    you played with my heart ...
    got lost in the game ...
    oh baby baby ...
    oops, you think I;m in love,
    with your pictures of trees, baby, please believe me:

I'm on the sa-ame compu-u-ter."

Comment

are you on some kind of recreational drugs?

Comment

Originally posted by fennec fox View Post
        are you on some kind of recreational drugs?
        Yes: "kopi". Never tried it?

Comment

Haven't done a capcha in ages. Didn't even know there was a recapcha with image selection. Sounds like fun.

Might want to do a scan or two of your pc, and check out your internet settings.
          Last edited by Happyman; 11-02-16, 13:28.

Comment

It really depends on your internet provider. At some hotels I get it often, but never at home. Some cell phone data plans also set off captcha on this forum.
            Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaime C View Post
              It really depends on your internet provider. At some hotels I get it often, but never at home. Some cell phone data plans also set off captcha on this forum.
              That must be it, because we are using usb modem with SIM / paket kuota, on our own laptop, and I'm the only one accessing this forum (AFAIK!) on the laptop / using the card. We have changed a few time in the last month (from Telkomsel to something else and now Tri) but even using the same card I get the recapcha, sometimes multiple times in one session. I have gone long periods of time without being bothered by capcha / recapcha (or as I prefer to call it, Gotcha!) but now it is back again. I'm seriously annoyed, yes ... it takes more than a brief flicker to get me mutilating the lyrics to Britney Spears songs.

Windows Defender says everything with the pc is a-ok. Not that that can be taken without a pinch of salt, of course. We have been traveling, so I have been signing in from different locations around Indonesia in the last four weeks:Bali, Kalimantan, Java, Sumatra. I'm not sure why that in itself would raise any flags, though.
              Last edited by Mister Bule; 11-02-16, 16:24.

Comment

Even a Yahoo Mail recognises the fact you're in a different location when you're travelling for instance and asks additional questions with a 'this is not your regular location or device' remark. So must be IP related.
                [FONT=arial black]
                [/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by jstar View Post
                  Even a Yahoo Mail recognises the fact you're in a different location when you're travelling for instance and asks additional questions with a 'this is not your regular location or device' remark. So must be IP related.
                  So is the "key" to making it stop simply staying in one place long enough that it gets tired / bored and winds down by itself?

Or would it be more effective to recite the chorus (full lyrics?) of Cyndi Lauper's "Time after Time".
                  Last edited by Mister Bule; 11-02-16, 20:59.

Comment

Well, it could be worse...

[FONT=arial black]
                    [/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by jstar View Post
                      Well, it could be worse...

I'm gonna take a page from Macvert's book and say the answer is "42, and always bring a towel". I'm pretty sure that is correct. At least, I know I see a '4' and a '2' in there somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Bule View Post
                        So is the "key" to making it stop simply staying in one place long enough that it gets tired / bored and winds down by itself?

Or would it be more effective to recite the chorus (full lyrics?) of Cyndi Lauper's "Time after Time".
                        I think it's the IP address only. I can log in from multiple countries, with no problems.. I'd guess that certain IP address are on the troublemakers list.
                        Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

... and now Tri) but even using the same card I get the recapcha, sometimes multiple times in one session. I have gone long periods of time without being bothered by capcha / recapcha (or as I prefer to call it, Gotcha!) but now it is back again. I'm seriously annoyed, yes ...
                          I have exactly the same problem , using Tri too and Linux . For me it is not annoying enough to change the internet provider . I like Tri for its "Always On" system in which I buy a certain quota of GB and it doesn't expire before one year .

Comment

We didn't change the provider because of this issue, just looking for the card which would work best in different areas of the country.

Thanks for that information about Tri, I have heard the phrase "always on" but didn't realize it meant one could buy "kuota bisa disimpan".

Comment

...about Tri, I have heard the phrase "always on" but didn't realize it meant one could buy "kuota bisa disimpan".
                              But I don't know why if you buy in a Tri store , the price is a lot more than if you buy at some street stores , where they sell packages of 3GB , 5GB , 6GB , 10GB , .. all AON (Always On for one year) . For example , the 6GB/AON I paid Rp75'000 .

Comment

Working...
                              X