No announcement yet.

Looking for General Help information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of recommendations, I think Lombok might be good, given their criteria (it's why I chose Mataram for comparison purposes in my earlier post).

Comment

Originally posted by jstar View Post
      P
      Been there many times when living in SoCal. (It was like; this is the closest we can get and we will never have this chance again.) And honestly, I was always bored stiff. Give me the Caribbean any time.
      You've been to Hawaii many times, or Kauai many times? I can't speak for Kauai, but your comments remind me of what a friend told my half-sister before she came to visit me. "Oh, don't go to Hawaii - too expensive, and it's just like the Caribbean, which is cheaper."

Well - maybe if you are just a tourist, I guess. But my sister and her husband had a great time because they had tour guides (me and my husband) who knew the island in a way tourists usually miss out on. My sister said, "I can't wait to tell my friend how wrong she was!"

Comment

I would never say it is just like the Caribbean. Since it isn't.

@BAJakarta: Good to see you are not guilty of giving unsollicited advice yourself (see your post #10). Pot/cattle/black come to mind. Also, I have seen so many failures of pensionados moving to Bali or so. And even people with mixed Indonesian backgrounds who thought it would be easier for them. Many left desillusioned. It is only prudent and responsible to warn for that.
        [FONT=arial black]
        [/FONT]

Comment

IPot/cattle/black come to mind.
          [SIZE=3]MOO[/SIZE]ooO[SIZE=3]OO[/SIZE]OooooOOO[SIZE=3]O[/SIZE]OOoo[SIZE=1]oo[/SIZE]ooOOOOO!

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Comment

I am not talking about advice on other potential locations....I gave recommendations of places to check out in Indonesia, and made additional suggestions....apologies I didn't mean to single you out (I guess I did inadvertantly because I quoted your reply) but I mean a more general trend in this whole forum anytime anyone talks about coming here the "warnings" always seem to flow more freely than constructive advice. Whenever I see a new post about someone wanting to move here, or come here for whatver business or job etc I always say to myself - let the "warnings" "don't do it" replies begin.....On your last point, I would say it can often be more difficult for someone with mixed Indonesian (or whatever culture it is) background to move back to Indonesia (or whatever culture) than pure foreigner.....

Comment

I would never say it is just like the Caribbean. Since it isn't.
              Which of the islands have you spend significant amounts of time on (just curious, not trying to pick a fight)? They do have different characters - Maui is a lot different from Hawaii is a lot different from Oahu.

Comment

Working...
              X