Successfully got my password back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Successfully got my password back!

Been almost two years that I don't open this forum, until around two weeks ago I tried to open it but I forgot the password! (I guess it's because I am getting older so I forget almost everything important to my life )Today finally I get it back, thank you moderators!

I guess nobody miss me

Originally posted by teena View Post
    Been almost two years that I don't open this forum, until around two weeks ago I tried to open it but I forgot the password! (I guess it's because I am getting older so I forget almost everything important to my life )Today finally I get it back, thank you moderators!

I guess nobody miss me
    I strongly suggest you to erase your last sentence and replace it by something more positive.
    La motivation vient en se motivant ~ Motivation come by self-motivation

Comment

Originally posted by PhilippeD View Post
      I strongly suggest you to erase your last sentence and replace it by something more positive.
      Ok, so PhilipeD miss me, Hurraay!!

Comment

A common sentence you will hear in my country: "plus qu'on est de fou, plus qu'on rie" -> more it have fool people, more we will laugh.
        ** in this sentence, being fool have a POSITIVE connotation

Comment

Welcome back, Teena.

Comment

About the fou (bear with me for a moment while I give the necessary background): A long time ago (mid-1990s) I read a story in the Jakarta Post about a long-time French expat in Bali who died there. I can't recall why his death was newsworthy - he was a well-known character apparently, so that's probably it. Or maybe he died in some freakish way.

Anyway, what I do remember is that he had a tattoo on his wrist that said (forgive my spelling, please!) "fou [or folle?] independent" which was translated as "independent to the point of foolishness."

I was charmed by that phrase - although I had years of French in high school and college (I've forgotten it all, obviously) I never heard it before. It's a great expression. Can any of our native French speakers help me to get it right?

Comment

Originally posted by Puspawarna View Post
              "fou [or folle?] independent" which was translated as "independent to the point of foolishness."

I was charmed by that phrase - although I had years of French in high school and college (I've forgotten it all, obviously) I never heard it before. It's a great expression. Can any of our native French speakers help me to get it right?
              "Fou ind├ępendant"? Wot!? You never heard about it before!? Wait a minute... er... me neither.

Despite being french, I admit that I am not sure about what he meant. the english version given "[COLOR=#333333]independent to the point of foolishness" sounds much better and meaningful than a flat "fou ind├ępendant". An advise, don't drink and get tattooed!

[/COLOR]

Comment

Maybe he wasn't French and he got it wrong ... very funny to think of someone running around with a grammatically incorrect tattoo in any language - like the "English" t-shirts you can buy in Japan, only worse. I'm sure it has happened.

Well, I'm glad you stopped me, A. I was in danger of getting that tattoo myself.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilippeD View Post
                  A common sentence you will hear in my country: "plus qu'on est de fou, plus qu'on rie" -> more it have fool people, more we will laugh.
                  ** in this sentence, being fool have a POSITIVE connotation

Because fool is close to the meaning of funny, I guess

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis View Post
                    Welcome back, Teena.
                    Merci beacoup, Pak! You're d'best adm

Comment

Originally posted by Puspawarna View Post
                      Maybe he wasn't French and he got it wrong ... very funny to think of someone running around with a grammatically incorrect tattoo in any language - like the "English" t-shirts you can buy in Japan, only worse. I'm sure it has happened.

Well, I'm glad you stopped me, A. I was in danger of getting that tattoo myself.
                      Twice I answer something and twice it get lost (bad connection)... what Atlantis said.

Comment

Working...
                      X