Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data on number of Australian expats in Indonesia

Hi mods,

I am trying to find out the number of Australian expats in Indonesia and was just looking at your 'How Many Expats in Indonesia' post, which says:

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Verdana]"There are only about 3,500 Australians legally working in Indonesia. Most of the foreign workers here are from China (14,371), then Japan (11,081), South Korea (9,075), India (6,047) and Malaysia (4,962). (June 2014)"

[/FONT][/COLOR]Could you please tell me the source for this information?

Thanks!

Anna

The problem is there are quite some people who semi live here on visa and not with resident permits. They will never show up in any official population count number. Also, the manpower numbers are (for obvious reasons) not covering all expats. Ministry of Manpower and Transmigration is the source of the numbers you show and asked for btw.
    [FONT=arial black]
    [/FONT]

Comment

Thanks for your reply jstar. Yes, it seems there are no completely solid numbers available and I can see how the non-official expat issue complicates things... Still, the Manpower and Transmigration numbers are a start!

Thanks,

Anna

Comment

And I meant to ask - do you know the actual document or webpage from where that 3,500 figure is sourced? I would like to cite it in a thesis...

Comment

I couldn't find the Nakertrans page on that June 2014 data, perhaps you can dig some more. This shows the 2013 situation on their website:
          http://www.depnakertrans.go.id/news.html,61,naker
          [FONT=arial black]
          [/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by annakate82 View Post
            [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Verdana]"There are only about 3,500 Australians legally working in Indonesia. Most of the foreign workers here are from China (14,371), then Japan (11,081), South Korea (9,075), India (6,047) and Malaysia (4,962). (June 2014)"[/FONT][/COLOR]
            These figures seem to be under estimated compared to the figures I have from the direktorat jenderal pembinaan penempatan tenaga kerja (Binapenta) concerning the number of foreign workers, albeit the "ranking (Cina 1st, Japan 2nd, Korsel 3rd...etc) is correct.

I should have a file or two from them but am not sure they upload them online. Anyway you can contact them through their website and contact form:http://binapenta.depnakertrans.go.id/?page=ContactUs
            If you do so, it must be in bahasa indonesia. I wouldn't bet on any question formulated in english.

Comment

Working...
            X