Welcome to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to...

[COLOR=#333333]Since the implementation of the vbulletin software in July 2008, our forum has been moderated by an expanding list of dedicated moderators: Ponyexpress, Mas Rob, John Madden and of course Puspawarna who, like Mas Rob did a few years ago, has decided to [/COLOR]step down from her moderator “job”[COLOR=#333333].[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]In early September, Puspa informed us of her desire to be relieved of her Moderation duties starting October 1st.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]It has given us ample time to consider, among the long list of valuable contributors, who would be the best choice to replace her. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]To be honest, several potential candidates have been considered by the Moderation Team and it has been very hard to make a final choice.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]Thus, we decided that not one, but two new moderators would be appointed and we[/COLOR] believe that their inclusion into the Moderator Team will immensely help us to achieve our goal to make this forum informative and friendly.

[COLOR=#333333]The first one has been a member for only slightly more than a year and all of us mods have been quite impressed by his postings since the very beginning. He has written “only” a few hundred posts, most of them being helpful, knowledgeable and informative for the community. Though he is a recent returnee to Indonesia, we also appreciate the fact that part of his childhood was spent in Indonesia, during a time when Indonesia was very different from the way it is today.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]The second one, with a few thousand posts written over 4 years, has undoubtedly proven that he has the qualities required to moderate our forum. His moderation record, despite his high post count, is quite clean,r which is rare enough to have been appreciated by all mods. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]Since mid-September, we have appointed them unofficially and they have participated in all moderation discussions and issues. It has been very encouraging to see them motivated, at a time when most of us long-time moderators may start to feel worn out. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]Today we will officially promote them to Moderators of [/COLOR]www.livinginindonesiaforum.org[COLOR=#333333].[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333]Please join us in welcoming to the Moderation Team Dafluff and El_Goretto.[/COLOR]

A huge welcome to Dafluff and El_Goretto - it's been really fun working with them during the transition period. I know they will be balanced and thoughtful moderators.

Comment

Yeah, I noticed their change in status on another post, and thought "oh my..."

I have to say that you guys picked two of the best informed posters, and I believe that both bring something to the table. Congrats, gents.

However, I would like to say that if he was considered, Nimbus would have also been a fine choice. I rarely, if ever (probably never), agree with him, but he's clear, concise and well-educated. I think the forum would benefit greatly if it had an active Indonesian moderator. Whether or not he would have wanted the job is another story, but he'd be a great addition.

Comment

Originally posted by Puspawarna View Post
        A huge welcome to Dafluff and El_Goretto - it's been really fun working with them during the transition period. I know they will be balanced and thoughtful moderators.
        And since I'm here, thanks Puspa for the time you spent tending to this forum. It's largely a thankless job, but it is necessary to do all the behind the scenes you do to keep a good forum as is. Otherwise, it becomes a romper room and loses direction.

You did admirably, kudos.

Comment

Good choices. Good luck to them.

Comment

‎​ººÒÖÓºº pus, they need 2 people to replace you awww .
            Congratz guys, tough "job" is waiting, good luck!
            Lost in Jakarta's trafic jam

Comment

Way to go El G and Dafluff.
              Tip of my hat to you both.
              Things happen for a reason...

Comment

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone.

I think even with 2 new mods, Puspa leaves huge shoes to fill, so I guess we have our work cut out for us We'll try our best!

Comment

The game is afoot.

Comment

Welcome to the jungle. Will they steal my Kitty avatars?
                    Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaime C View Post
                      Welcome to the jungle. Will they steal my Kitty avatars?
                      My last act as a moderator was to train them in the fine art of avatar theft.

Comment

Thank you all for the warm (?) reception. As for avatars, I am in search of one! Any suggestions? And no, I don't have any awkwardly located tattoos or anything.

Comment

Welcome in your new undertakings. How will you ever find time for moderating with your lives so full of gaming?
                          [COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Some love to milk Apostate.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Puspawarna View Post
                            My last act as a moderator was to train them in the fine art of avatar theft.
                            .....did they demote you for stealing jaime's mad kitty?
                            Lost in Jakarta's trafic jam

Comment

Originally posted by LittleMonster View Post
                              .....did they demote you for stealing jaime's mad kitty?
                              Yes! I insisted that Jaime framed me, but they didn't believe it.

Comment

Working...
                              X