Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database error

Is it just me?

I click new posts and I cannot. I receive a message about a database error. I've seen it before.

Originally posted by jimmi james View Post
    Is it just me?

I click new posts and I cannot. I receive a message about a database error. I've seen it before.
    I have seen that too, and I should click back to previous page.
    Macarena Macarena baila baila ela ela Macarena Macarena all night long!

Comment

That's happening to me, too. I assume it's a glitch related to the upgrade wm mentioned.

Comment

Oh, I missed that memo. I guessed it was something like that, but it's happened a few times before and been fixed over the last few weeks.

Comment

Database error is what I get when either my internet gets "macet" or the forum momentarily goes down.

Typically, it will appear after attempting to post -- either I exceeded the time limit for "no activity" in the forum (if you don't click anything, the browser isn't doing anything "active") or the forum server momentarily dropped. Sometimes happens several times in an hour. It definitely was NOT "fixed" by the maintenance that occurred last month.

Basically, I/you have to login again. Copy/paste your post will work in most cases, so you only lose time not text.

Comment

Sorry, off a bit. What about the common problem of not being able to edit. Tight now I can't edit one of my last posts, after one or two successful edits? any idea M?

Comment

Rare, but I have had it happen. You mean it comes up blank instead of showing the text to edit?

When that happens, the only solution I know is to log out. Might even have to clear the browser cache, too.

Comment

Originally posted by martindo View Post
                Rare, but I have had it happen. You mean it comes up blank instead of showing the text to edit?

When that happens, the only solution I know is to log out. Might even have to clear the browser cache, too.
                Yes blank screen no matter what one does. Logging out did not help. I am going to try another computer on a different 'network'. Will let u know.
                Thanks

j

Comment

clear cache no luck

Comment

Different computer with different sim card still cannot edit my post.

All I can think of is that one is only allowed a certain number of EDITS?? For an average writer like me this would be a pity. Anyone know the answer please?
                    Thanks

Comment

Me too. But mostly happens when I check the forum on my mobile phone. It happens a few times on computer but not as often. Refreshing the page helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Puspawarna View Post
                        That's happening to me, too. I assume it's a glitch related to the upgrade wm mentioned.
                        It's not a glitch; it's an undocumented feature!

Comment

Originally posted by jimmi james View Post
                          Is it just me?

Originally posted by johntap View Post
                          Sorry, off a bit. What about the common problem of not being able to edit. Tight now I can't edit one of my last posts, after one or two successful edits? any idea M?

I am having both of the above problems . Replying with quote also comes a blank reply space , and like the editing problem , happen when post/quote are relatively long (no problem doing what I did here , with short quotes) .
                          Last edited by marcus; 11-08-14, 10:18.

Comment

I assumed that the system had been modified to keep certain members from posting drivel, but then it happened to me, so I know that that cannot be the reason.

Comment

Marcus is correct that length is a factor, but I have had "no problem" with editing some posts that are longer than "yes problem" posts.

John is probably not correct about number of edits, because I often make long posts and edit 3-5 times immediately afterward. If the first edit works, the subsequent ones do, too.

There might be some kind of RAM memory issue involved in the glitch -- I'm not much of a techie so I'm only guessing due to the length factor.

If you are using the latest Safari (v. 7), the cookies will NOT clear until you actually quit the browser. You can test this by clearing cache and cookies, then looking at Privacy under Preferences. Odds are you will still see a non-zero number under the REMOVE ALL WEBSITE DATA button.

Frankly, I don't see anything more "lancar" about the forum since the maintenance last month. Also, if Danielle is reading this, please be a little more precise about time of day that maintenance will occur as well as giving a brief description of the purpose of the down time. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X