How do I spread 'em?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I spread 'em?

Green bricks, positive reps, however ya wanna call it...how do I give them?

I've been trying to give a couple of these lately and got the notification "You must spread the reputation around before you can give to this member".

Anybody else got this issue?

Need to share the loove...

you have to share the love around a lot before you can go to someone again...drop a few reds on spammers or give greens to other posters such as nice newbies... i think you have to do something like 20 shares (red or green) before you can go back to the same person- frustrating innit?
    Last edited by bad_azz; 27-01-14, 18:49.
    Cicak Magnet

Comment

Oooh....I learned something new today....

Comment

First you have to visit the correct drinking establishment; after that its just a matter of price negotiations.

Comment

I always find a few posts every week to give a brick to. I don't know the real formula for rebricking, but spread mine around a bit. I can only recall red bricking the same person twice, on one occasion. I've green bricked the same people quite a bit.
          Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

That is why I stop to give them, spreading to 20 nobody for no reason for being able to give again to the person, the rare one, that really give something valuable on the forum. Just too much energy for something with low meaning (like this post).
            La motivation vient en se motivant ~ Motivation come by self-motivation

Comment

I am of a similar mind as PhilippeD -- don't do either. If I find a post particularly helpful, insightful or funny, I prefer to simply say so on the board. Its pretty transparently obvious, as well, when exception is taken.

Comment

Bad_azz is correct - you have to give out rep points to 20 different people before you can rep a person another time. There is another limit as well - I think you can only give out rep three to five times in a 24 hours period; I don't remember exactly.

Comment

ah...repping 20 people is too much work.

Comment

I just do it when I see a good/bad post.

Comment

Interesting response from someone I red bricked. Brussel sprouts comes to mind again.
                      Things happen for a reason...

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle O'Brien View Post
                        Interesting response from someone I red bricked. Brussel sprouts comes to mind again.
                        Am surprised you can remember who you red or green... I am hopeless at that.
                        The new lil list thing helps but it only shows the last few.

The bricks are just one of life's little trivialities.
                        Cicak Magnet

Comment

Originally posted by bad_azz View Post
                          Am surprised you can remember who you red or green... I am hopeless at that.
                          The new lil list thing helps but it only shows the last few.

The bricks are just one of life's little trivialities.
                          Totally BA! Their PM to me helped me remember though...

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle O'Brien View Post
                            Some people have petty tirades when you red brick them. I had someone send me an obscene PM, and a mod asked what I had done to them.

Comment

Yeah. I didn't really get a tirade, but a dig.

It's a bit like when someone totally cuts you off in traffic then abuses you for tooting the horn at them. I mean, I wouldn't have beeped my horn if you hadn't been a drop kick and done what you did.

Onwards and upwards.

Comment

Working...
                              X