SECURITY CHECK to ACCESS the FORUM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SECURITY CHECK to ACCESS the FORUM

I had to try 10 times before I guessed correctly the 2 sequence of alphabet letters . What about you ?
    Last edited by marcus; 24-12-13, 09:12.

I mentioned this a couple of months back. Some of these "Captcha" security pages are almost unreadable.
    Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

I never got any security check with sequence of letters. You guys should be tattooed. It scares the sh1t out of the system.

Comment

i Have no idea what Marcus is talking about. What security check?

Comment

Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
          i Have no idea what Marcus is talking about. What security check?
          Same here.
          "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

He's talking about a Captcha log in screen, as I've already said. When you often start a new account on some sites, at the bottom of the form, it ask for you to enter the words or letters shown in a distorted picture or image. This forum uses it, even on established accounts. I've had it when logging in from a hotel.

It's to keep 'Bots and other spam programs from being able to log in, create a new member, and post crap on the forum. Obviously it doesn't effect everyone, or half of us would never been able to join.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAPTCHA
            Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

I get this as well... My ISP, though the speed and reliability is good, has some problem with managing their network. Someone along the way is using the same IP address (I believe they've set up some kind of LAN in my residence meaning that I'm sharing my IP address with other people) and this person is knowingly or unknowingly taking parts in spamming activities an as such my IP address is on many blacklists. It's such an annoyance...

Comment

I am using a small 3G USB modem with a 3/tri card (at home only) . Can't even read the Forum without passing the security check . And even after logging in , the site's system sometimes forces me to pass through the check again . I would not complain if it was a reasonable check , but the 2 sequence of alphabet letters are terrible to read .

Some months ago , with XL card I didn't have the check but I could not log in .
                Last edited by marcus; 24-12-13, 09:11.

Comment

This morning session I passed through 3 checks , but the last 2 were readable already . Thanks for the change .

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post
                    I am using a 3G USB modem with a 3/tri card . Can't even read the Forum without passing the security check . And even after logging in , the site's system sometimes forces me to pass through the check again . I would not complain if it was a reasonable check , but the 2 sequence of letters are terrible to read .

Some months ago , with XL card I didn't have the check but I could not log in .
                    Maybe it's moot point now, but I just got the same security check now after I turn on my IP address blocker.

Comment

My thanks to the Forum's administrator/technical manager . I don't have to pass through any security check anymore .
                      Last edited by marcus; 01-01-14, 10:22.

Comment

Unfortunately the problem returned the way it was when I started this thread .
                        Last edited by marcus; 13-01-14, 09:50.

Comment

I guess its intended to keep the riff-raff out; I am testament to the fact that its not fail safe.

Comment

Originally posted by waarmstrong View Post
                            I guess its intended to keep the riff-raff out; I am testament to the fact that its not fail safe.

It seems so . But I always find a way to pass through , so no fail safe indeed .

Today , no security check . Lets see tomorrow .

Comment

Working...
                            X