It shouldn't but it does...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It shouldn't but it does...

the one thing about some of the users of this forum that really pisses me off... Its the ones who pop up in private messages with the "please can you help me- how do I find/ do/ get/ buy etc this that or the other in Bandung?"
    Or whatever else they think I might be able to help them with...
    I provide the time & effort to respond and the ignorant fekkers can not even be bothered to say a simple "thanks".... just 1 measly "thanks"...
    so from now on- unless you are a prolific poster - don't bother asking me anything by PM. ask on the board or don't ask.

Its not as if manners cost too much.

(not had me cuppa tea yet, still got my grumpy pants on but felt I had to say it cos its been hacking me off for a while now.
    Cicak Magnet

I hear ya bad_azz. It doesn't happen to me on the forum particularly, but it's not uncommon for people to e-mail with questions about our gamelan group. I always answer with patience and enthusiasm, and about four out of five times I never get so much as a terse thank you.

I assume what is happening is that after they read the information I send, people realize that the group doesn't fit their interest or schedule. That's fine, but after I take time to write someone an e-mail it sure would be nice if they at least responded, "I don't think I can join your group, but thanks for the information."

Harrumph.

Comment

I always respond to any kind deed with a thank you... though sometimes, I must admit, it might not get sent, same with emails...
      That is not because I didn't bother, more that the net died whilst sending but I was unaware of it.
      Same in here, I make comments/replies but they don't post due to net failure... I go off do other things then forget, as I am sure others do ... but those kind of things are inevitable in Indonesia or any place with bad net coverage.

Those are not the things that irritate me- its the parasites that just take our goodwill for granted then bugger off that irk.

Obviously I am in seriously grumpy beeech mode this morning xx
      Cicak Magnet

Comment

In another forum I often give very specific US immigration pointers, the kind that a lawyer would charge $250 for. After half an hour of research and typing, I would be satisfied if the asker would acknowledge that he read it, so I wasn't spending the effort for nothing. A thank you note is great, but a simple 'got it' is sufficient for me. Many people don't even take time to type something back, worse, some refuse to believe my well-researched finding because it doesn't suit them. They seem to hold me responsible for the government's absurdities.

Oh well. Next.

To me personally a good deed is its own reward. A day where I know I have helped another person is a good day, it gives meaning to my existence. One can either be the solution, the problem, or the landscape. I prefer to be the solution.

Comment

Yeah i hate those types to - but at least they are civil i recently had someone asking to "know me better" mmmmmmm not really my "cuppa tea" so i ignored the PM a few days later i got an abusive PM because i had ignored this guy - still Puspa came to my rescue.

Comment

Gosh, hope you aren't talking about me, B_A!
            Sasa Bule is having a bayi!

Comment

oh well there is one forum member who is searching for a house.. am not a realtor but i have my connections. the person was looking for a house 4- 5 bedrooms, with swimmingpool
              and later on she told me that her budget is USD 2500/ year. i asked her again whether she was serious about it.. and she never answered me.

later on i found her try to sell her stroller
              dont judge a book by it cover. judge it by it price. good books are expensive

Comment

I feel you BA. I got this quite often too. People who will move to Sub, asking me lot of questions. Spent quite some time to answer even ask friends who probably know better, but then what ... ? Nothing.

Grrrh....
                Words can inspire, thoughts can provoke, but only action can get you closer to your dreams.

Comment

[QUOTE=bad_azz;366015]the one thing about some of the users of this forum that really pisses me off... Its the ones who pop up in private messages with the "please can you help me- how do I find/ do/ get/ buy etc this that or the other in Bandung?"
                  Or whatever else they think I might be able to help them with...
                  I provide the time & effort to respond and the ignorant fekkers can not even be bothered to say a simple "thanks".... just 1 measly "thanks"...
                  so from now on- unless you are a prolific poster - don't bother asking me anything by PM. ask on the board or don't ask.

Its not as if manners cost too much. [QUOTE]

Bad Azz

So sorry about the delay in thanking you for all your help.

Those two 17 year old "playmates" you got me were just amazing, they were both just like i asked for, hope it was too difficult to find such busty mixed race twins at such short notice. And imagine my delight when they stripped off and were wearing all the gear you know i like, it must have taken you ages to find an underwear stockists that does black patent leather. The whips you got them to, that was a nice touch and really appreciated, i still have the welts. The 3 grams of pure columbian cocaine was also amazing, you really do have the best contacts in Bandung - my face was numb for 48 hours straight and i can still taste the drip now.

Thanks for making my weekend in Bandung perfect.

Youre the best.

Comment

JaimeC, nope and you know better than to ask lol.
                    Alia & naughtygab, indeed, we take time & put in effort to research something- there was one geezer had me out looking for kosts for him - 2 days I was out on the bike, not a thanks nor a kiss my arse** nor nothing.
                    Its just plain rudeness.
                    **hahaha, sorry, picked that phrase up from my dad....

And Scoot- what could I possibly say .... you are incorrigible ... but easily one of the most fun folks in here x
                    Cicak Magnet

Comment

Bloody hell scoot, you are such a lucky bugger. I was only given crushed panadol and BA kindly asked me to sniff that shit. I didn't get playmates but she gave me a great foot massage. Thanks BA.

Comment

Originally posted by ponyexpress View Post
                        Bloody hell scoot, you are such a lucky bugger. I was only given crushed panadol and BA kindly asked me to sniff that shit. I didn't get playmates but she gave me a great foot massage. Thanks BA.
                        Pony, you forget the homemade crumpets
                        Cicak Magnet

Comment

Originally posted by bad_azz View Post
                          Pony, you forget the homemade crumpets
                          Oh were they crumpets? I thought there were your bra pads. Sorry I didn't get to try them.

Comment

Originally posted by ponyexpress View Post
                            Oh were they crumpets? I thought there were your bra pads. Sorry I didn't get to try them.
                            Hahahahahaha, anyone who knows me would know I really never buy bra with pads haha made me splurt my cuppa tea.
                            Cicak Magnet

Comment

These posts make me feel better as I spent about an hour last month giving a guy some detailed help for a planned trip to Nepal and Tibet. He is a work colleague of my brother's so I was really just doing my brother a favor but he could at least have acknowledged my efforts. He's a feckin HR consultant.

Interesting though that it seems so widespread. I suppose it's just basic bad manners.
                              "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
                              George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                              X