Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we have to change our password here ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we have to change our password here ?

Hey mods,

This what was shown on my screen this morning when I log in this forum. It said : “Your password is 360 days old, and has therefore expired. Please change your password using this page”.

Tried to ignore it and open a channel, but it didn't work. So I had to changed my password. I just worry that I may forget my new one. Is this something really necessary to do here ? I think for more than 360 days I joined, I have never change my password. Some new setting perhaps ?
    Words can inspire, thoughts can provoke, but only action can get you closer to your dreams.

It's happened to me before. If you don't want to change your password, I would guess that once you change your password, you are free to change it AGAIN - back to the old one.

Haven't tried this myself, but I assume it would work.

Comment

I got that message too. I just made a small change to my previous password.
      "Science is the philosophy of discovery. Intelligent design is a philosophy of ignorance"

Comment

It happened to me a while back too.
        Cicak Magnet

Comment

Just add a 2 to your old one.

I also got the same message this morning. I don't quite see why it's necessary. I've had the same password for my online banking for years.
          "[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica Neue]I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.[/FONT][/COLOR]"
          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Me too, I had no idea what my password was. Had to reset it then change it again LOL

Comment

Oh crud. This reminds me that I've forgotten my current password. Can a mod send me a copy?
              QUOTE: "Anybody who throws a few pieces of chicken or whatever meat they have onto a gas grill deserves what they get..."

Comment

I did a few hours ago
                Overcoming poverty is no a gesture of charity is an act of justice the protection of a fundamental human right to dignity..

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRedSox View Post
                  Oh crud. This reminds me that I've forgotten my current password. Can a mod send me a copy?
                  We don't have your passwords, but isn't there a "forgot your password" option you can click somewhere? Sorry not to be more help, I'm about to go off to dinner and a wayang wong performance at the Bharata Theatre.

Comment

Originally posted by Puspawarna View Post
                    We don't have your passwords, but isn't there a "forgot your password" option you can click somewhere? Sorry not to be more help, I'm about to go off to dinner and a wayang wong performance at the Bharata Theatre.
                    No worries! Thanks for the forgot PW function idea...
                    QUOTE: "Anybody who throws a few pieces of chicken or whatever meat they have onto a gas grill deserves what they get..."

Comment

Change your password as requested by the server, then immediatly re_change it to the old one from your user CP:
                      - click on "settings" (upper right corner of your screen)
                      - locate "edit email & password" in the "my settings" box on the left.
                      - fill the boxes with the newly changed password and the old one.
                      - click on "save changes"

Sudah...

Comment

Working...
                      X